When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tissot Touch

ahchard

I had one of these a few months back and it was a nice watch for the price (got mine from eBay). I didn't like the touch screen because it left fingerprints on it all the time. I'm one of those people who polish the crystal on my watches all the time. ;) I didn't like the feel of the bracelet, it felt cheap and on a $400+ watch it should have been better. I did end up with the cheap Casio ProTrek PRG-80L, much bigger display and has more functions, I beat the hell out of it too, so for the price it works well.

As for a t-touch rep, I have seen one, but for the cost you might as well get a real one on eBay or TimeZone.

I can tell you it was a cool watch, but the novelty of it wore off quickly. I got the Casio because for my job I might one day find myself lost and then the functions would really be nice to have. I also hike and it helps, but it's not as accurate ad a real compass and the altimeter works on barometric pressure and temp, so it's not that accurate (I was on the beach and it said I was at -100'?).

Good luck and I hope you can find one. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You can also use a GMT watch as a compass. When everything is set to the local time (including the GMT hand), if the 12 hour hand is pointed at the sun, the GMT hand will point North. Obviously, if the 24 hour GMT hand is pointing at the sun, then the 12 o'clock position on the dial will point North.

So forget all these watches, get a bunch of GMTs like me :Jumpy:

Is this Clive? I know he's a GMT fanatic too, I too like GMT watches since I travel a lot. :)

The problem is most GMT watches don't have a chronograph, thermometer, 5 alarms, world time, barometer, etc... ;)

Is this Clive? I know he's a GMT fanatic too, I too like GMT watches since I travel a lot. :)

The problem is most GMT watches don't have a chronograph, thermometer, 5 alarms, world time, barometer, etc... ;)

Not Clive, though I consulted him about his GMTs.

I have 2 Omega Seamaster GMTs and a couple of EL PAM GMTs coming through soon with 2893-2 movement, same as Clive's. I know it won't be functionally as good as the Omega's though. Apparently the factory has stopped making these though. Silix don't have any for that reason, and EL said I got his last two.

I like travelling too, but buying these watches means no money to travel :(

Supposed to go on a friend's stag do in Lativa in May... was hoping to go possibly Germany in Jue (World Cup), then a Spanish island in July.

My trips to Canada and Argentina have to be shelved for now... way too expensive, and those up there probably will cost me too much now I have bought way too many PAMs!

Edited by Chronus

You can also use a GMT watch as a compass. When everything is set to the local time (including the GMT hand), if the 12 hour hand is pointed at the sun, the GMT hand will point North. Obviously, if the 24 hour GMT hand is pointing at the sun, then the 12 o'clock position on the dial will point North.

so what do you at nite? :p