When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 Z Serial Submariner (new pics)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words, one and all! It's been a while since I've been this excited about a modern Sub; the assembly and build quality of this newest generation of Sub is a welcomed change in my eyes. For the first time ever, genuine parts fit without modification; everything that I've updated thus far has been a 1 to 1 exchange.

Somehow, I have to secretly admit that the ease of mods has made things almost too easy; total time invested thus far is very little, aside from searching for the actual parts (which has been the greater consumer of my time).

As for questions-

@jmt- The hands on this watch are okay; the seconds hand is the one that bugs me the most as it's just a slight be too short (I'd say +/- 1mm). I'll need to go through my spares to see what I have; perhaps I have something that will work in it's place.

@millemiglia- I would opt for a genuine crystal as a viable replacement. There's just something about the overall clarity, the signed crown at 6:00 with the service etch, the beveled edge and the cyclops that really just add the finishing touch. Only downside is that they tend to be a bit pricey.

@cib0rgman- The dial is a pretty good duplication of the gen:

RLX3790.jpg

The printing and fonts are nice and crisp. The markers even have that nice, subtle gen-like finish to them. Comparing to my gen Daytona dials, the 'glow' to the metal surrounds looks pretty dang close. Not sure if they're WG like gen or not, but they're nicely finished.

Overall, a very nice, comfortable watch on the wrist. I could get used to this :)

Cheers,

R

TOP Class Randy!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great work, may I know who did the CG trimming? It's awesome.

Flat top "S" rules :-)

Also love the fact that you've trimmed the endlink to make it looks more gen. I did the same to my SSD and glad to find a same minded sick person, LOL: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=78988&hl=

Now if only I had half of your photo skills...

TOP Class Randy!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great work, may I know who did the CG trimming? It's awesome.

Flat top "S" rules :-)

Also love the fact that you've trimmed the endlink to make it looks more gen. I did the same to my SSD and glad to find a same minded sick person, LOL: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=78988&hl=

Now if only I had half of your photo skills...

Silvio-

CG's are untouched! That's how they came, and actually, they do need a bit of a trim. Not much, but just a once over. Someday I'll get around to doing it. For now, they're not bad as-is :)

Ubi,

Thanks for posting great watch. This is a great watch and is why I chose the Z series from WM9 as my base for modding. My only complaint is that some of the dates (in the 20's) are too far to the left. Other than that great watch.

WM9 Series with Clark crystal and gasket, gen insert, Eurotimes tube and crown, polished rehaut and Noob bracelt with WM9 clasp. Oh yea, a cold one from the Rockies as a prop!

-Chris ;)

DSC_0313.jpg

Edited by cschenone

Nice watch, cschenone, and good job on the cg's.

One question, why a eurotimez crown and tube? Is it better than the WM9 crown and tube?

Thanks alligoat. In regards to the crown and tube, well its a long story. In a nut shell the original one snapped at the base in the case. I bought a generic tube from eBay, but the WM9 crown would not seal flush to the case. Chris at Eurotimez was kind enough to sell me both a matching crown and tube from his new Euromariner.

-Chris ;)

Edited by cschenone

Ubi,

Sorry to be late here, specially because everything has been said :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wonderfull photos of a splendid watch done by a great member :yeah:

Thanks so much for sharing :rolleyes:

Cheers

Stephane

Stephane-

Thanks for the very kind words!

Your Sub was the inspiration! After seeing your WM9, my path for building was clear, and your example had shown me the way.

All the best,

R

No they aren't.

Eurotimez's new MBW seems to come from the same factory, but it has the engraved rehaut, while WM9 has the classic rehaut (more accurate)

Maybe the factory is the same but at the moment this case can only be sourced by WM9.

Are there any differences to the case besides the engraving?

Thanks a lot!