When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Ebel 1911 Discovery Chronograph (Asian 7750)

By-Tor

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, I've done a bunch of searching around and have found prices ranging from $260-$388. Most post $278. I only searched the reputable dealers on these forums. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in these reps or simply some dealers giving better deals?

P.S.> They all seem to spec it the same.

Same watch my friend, same watch.

Amazing spread of retail pricing tho ain't it?

Col.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone bought one of these beauties lately? I'm wondering if the quality is the same, better, or worse. I'm thinking of buying one (this one http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=129&products_id=3053) and I wanted to check with the experts first.

Quality should be the same. Mine is still available should u be interested. :yu:

Has anyone bought one of these beauties lately? I'm wondering if the quality is the same, better, or worse. I'm thinking of buying one (this one http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=129&products_id=3053) and I wanted to check with the experts first.

• 6 months later...

Hi :-)

This is my first post. Yesterday I ordered my first rep ever. Exciting :-) I have had my eyes on Tag Heuer for a while now, but I just couldn't make up my mind about which one to get. When I read this review I saw the Elbe for the first time and I just knew that it was going to be my first rep.

I ordered it from PureTime and received an email from Nikki today. She told me that they shoulder send me WC pictures in 1-2 days and it would take about a week up get it to me here in Norway.

I will write my first review once I get it. A real noob-review, hehe.

Have fun =)

Krister, you must have ordered the black dial?

The white dial has been unavailable for almost a year now.

Hei Gran :) Dette blir veldig gøy. Må starte et sted :)

I meant to write QC, but my phone autocorrected it. Always fun :) I´d love to see pictures of PureTime´s WS, hehe.

rek001: I ordered the silver version with the white dial: (the RWG does not allow me to post links until I have a minimum of 5 post. Just go to PureTime and look at the Ebels. It´s the last one of the Ebels there.)

The transaction has been confirmed and this is what it says in the e-mail:

"[EB-1911-DIS-02] 1911 Discovery Chronograph Silver (ss bracelet) (x1): USD 278.00" so I hope they can deliver it. If not I´ll have my first "rep-buy-case" and I´ll just have to sort it out. I really like the watch with the white dial. My wife has told me that I shouldn´t buy a watch with a white dial, but as soon as she saw the Discovery she agreed that it was perfect!

I can really understand why so many of you have many watches. Usually when I get a new hobby I´m totally swallowed up by it for about 2-6 weeks and then suddenly I realize that it´s been 6 months since I spent any time on the hobby, hehe. My family thinks it´s funny that I´ve had so many hobbies that I was so into, and then the interest gets snuffed. Let´s se how long you guys will be blessed with my presence here :)

Edited by Krister

• 3 months later...

I just received a black discovery from Andrew at Your Trusty Time. It took only 9 days to arrive, from placing the order to wrist. Andrew provided great feedback and quality inspection photos. It was hard emailing him from my yahoo account. Yahoo kept on refusing to send my emails. All in all, Andrew was a pleasure to do business with.

It's a nice piece and wears well for a large watch. I have an 7 3/4 - 8 inch wrist, so no adjustment was required. Be warned, if you have a large wrist, this will be an issue. Remember there is no fine adjustment on the band either, so it is a link or nothing - it pays to measure your wrist before you order. I did and was happy to find that it was a perfect fit, out of the box.

There are a few minor imperfections, day and date alignment is not perfect and gap where the band closes in uneven, but nothing major.

I'm very happy with it... I'll see what I think in a few weeks.

Edited by Master.klass

• 10 months later...

Newbie - just getting the watch bug - looking at Ebels - either a gen Sportwave Black Dial SS Chronograph Watch 9251K51/5711 / 1215049($758) - so far my favorite but quartz, vs Sportwave Diver automatic White Dial Mens Watch 1215462

($940) at Movado outlet vs going with the rep 1911 Discovery Chronograph (ss bracelet) panda (or black). 1911s really looks sharp after reading here. Any thoughts about these gens vs the reps. Also, any other options - looked at Tags but seem to be too common. Tx