When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm using Chrome

KB

Following Puggy's 'New Browser' thread yesterday I did a fair bit of reading up on the new Google Chrome including reading the entire comic that put out.

Now I'm not a technical type on computers but everything I read made sense so this morning I decided to download the Beta version as soon as it was released.

Now let me tell you from a whole lot of problems, including speed, with vista to purring along in Chrome I can only say if you haven't got it do so.

I saw in Puggy's thread how a number of guys stated they are more than happy with FF3, read the Google comic and you will soon understand why Chrome is head and shoulders above all the other browsers.

Ken

I was using IE6 and got tired of it freezing and how slow it was. Tried IE7 and did not like it so went back to IE6.

Bounced back and forth between IE6 one month and Firefox another and then tried Chrome. As it is - I like it fine and don't need the extra stuff for just surfing.

Crashed when I opened a few You Tube windows. Does not shut down You Tube video when go back to other tabs. Typing this message is slow and not sure if it is Chrome or my DSL connection.

Usil

Got Chrome as soon as it was out, using it now - fast and easy, but it doesn't have all the cool plug-ins Firefox has - Yet.

Two reasons why they wont go this way (1) They have deliberately aimed to keep it simple and (2) Plug ins are the weak point on their "Sandbox" security system.

Ken

What you need to remember about Chrome is that every tab is a new path, that's the beauty of the browser they have done away with the 'log in and follow one path' and all the problems that can present.

Ken