When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lies About Replica Watches

JBond

picture1zx1.png

10 lies about replica watches

Lie #1: The best replica watches are made in Switzerland, followed closely by Italy.

-- This is the biggest lie of all. All replica watches are made somewhere in Asia, mostly China. Saying that replicas are made in Switzerland or Italy is a lie intended to extract more money from the ignorant.

Lie #2: Replica watches are graded according to quality. C (or whatever) is the lowest and AAA+++ (or whatever) is the highest.

-- Who decides what is "C" and what is "A"? The "International Replica Watch Governing Board"? Pure nonsense designed, again, to get more of your dollars.

Lie #3: The movements in "Swiss made" replicas are identical to the genuine watch movements. 27 jewel movements are the best.

-- (See Lie #1 for "Swiss made".) Far from the truth. Very few replica watch movements come from anywhere but China and any watchman can immediately tell it's not genuine. There are no 27 jewels movements in replica watches; only 25, 21, or 17.

Lie #4: The best replicas are 99% true to the genuine and will even fool an Authorized Dealer (AD).

-- Not true. While some may be close (picking a number is impossible) to the genuine, all replicas are flawed. Do you really think you can spend $200 or less and get a watch that's 99% identical to a $4,000-20,000 watch? As for fooling ADs, maybe. Common clerks are easily fooled, but seasoned ADs, upon close inspection, will know it's a replica.

Lie #5: The gold on "Swiss grade" replicas is much higher than on other replicas. The crown, bezel, and mid links are solid gold and the full-gold replicas are 5-wrapped (or 6-wrapped, or whatever).

-- While a few models have been shown to have solid gold mid links (Rolex replicas), the rest of the watch is gold plated or double or triple wrapped gold. ("Search" for threads on how this is done.)

Lie #6: The best Rolex replicas are made with 904L grade steel.

-- Big fat lie. Good replicas are made with 316L quality steel. Rolex is the only company that uses 904L steel and it costs 3 times as much as 316L (one reason why they are so expensive). Replicas are not made with 440 steel, either.

Lie #7: Buying a replica watch is risky, but not if you use sellers from "Replica Review" sites.

-- What most people don't know is the "review" sites are owned and operated by the people who run the sites they recommend--it's very incestuous. These "review" sites are clever and it's easy to get taken in by their lies.

Lie #8: You can tell you're getting a good watch after a thorough examination of the web site.

-- Please. If you think everything displayed on the web is true, you deserve to be fleeced. Scam sites lie about everything, from the quality of their goods to their pledge to make sure every customer is happy. Many even post pictures of genuine watches, (Look for pictures where the watch hands are set at "10:10." Pictures of genuine watches seen in advertisements are always set to "10:10.") but send you junk.

Lie #9: Picking a good seller will always result in getting a good watch, one I won't have trouble with.

-- We wish. Quality control in replica watch factories is hit-and-miss, but mostly shoddy. One batch may be great while the next produces watches that are DOA. (Remember, making replica watches is illegal, even in China. Replica watch "factories" are usually small operations that can be easily moved or hidden from prying authorities.) What is true, though, is a good dealer will want to protect his/her reputation and will fix whatever is wrong.

Lie #10: Paying by COD is the best way to get the cheapest price. Plus, I can examine my watch before paying the courier to make sure I get what I paid for.

-- A really dumb thing to do and a huge red flag that you're dealing with a true scammer. They want cash because they know you'll scream foul to your credit card company the moment you see the junk you just paid $1,000 for.

One final point. Remember, replica watches are counterfeit goods. While it is not illegal to purchase or possess replica watches in most countries, it is illegal to sell them. Keep this in mind when using PayPal or communicating with credit card companies.

http://www.replicawatchreport.com/articles...ca-watches.html

Does the Sale of Replica Watches Sponsor Terrorism

There is prevailing rumor floating around the Internet about replica watches. Somehow the replica watch industry has been linked with world-wide terrorist organizations. Being involved in the replica watch industry now for over 5 years this would be news to me. To my knowledge there is no more of an identifiable link between replica watches and terrorism than there is between Iraq and weapons of mass destruction. Both ideas are constructed "facts" by a regime hungry for support of their policies.

Replica, or "Fake", watches have been with us since the technological revolution in Asia in the late 1970s. Given access to industrial equipment and seeing the weakness in their governments to enforce trademarks of foreign nations (or their ability to look the other way) many entrepreneurs have sprung up to feed a need. Replica watch makers have produced literally millions of fake Rolexes, Panerais, Omegas, and dozens of other top-named watch brands.

Working on "off-shifts" in factories that would normally produce legitimate goods during the day these replica watch makers produce counterfeit goods of varying quality. Looking to sell cheap $20 souvenirs to curious vacationers? Watches can be produced with low quality (and low price) materials to meet this price point. Selling to the burgeoning "Swiss Replica" market in the United States and Europe? Then the materials and manufacturing methods go up a notch because of the higher margins.

The people are motivated solely by replica watch industry

This is a pretty good list for newbies to read before asking all the same questions on the site here.

For those who don't know, this is from replica watch report which is written by a long term rep collector who was a member of the early boards (and is probably still around I expect)

Damn, that list is out-of-date. I'd guess it's pre-Big Bang and definitely pre-SOSF

Sorry, I don't know nothing about Breitling that true!

Why did you post this ?? These "lies" while mostly true, are definitely outdated like pug said... as for your comment.. "what is sosf?" .. i had to laugh

Why I post ? In my opinion that info was good for everybody and not outdated for all replica watches. You had to laugh my friend? Please do it because I'm a newbie and I don't know everything about replica... but YOU, YOU are the MASTER and you know the true about replica! Many thanks to you master jedi you change my way and make it better.

Not really long time,but it was written by 'Allergydoc' a year ago,and is a sticky on most of these forums,was copied by this dude in question.....

I never said "I wrote this article". I found the article on the web and I post the link! Common guys!

My question is: Why are you so agressive with me? I touch what? YES that true we buying replica and replica aren't good as true watches, but that the game. But I don't understand why people are so agressive. The only thing I know is about Omega watches and poor things for other brands that true. So I'm SORRY to touch people. This "lies" aren't right? If you have knowledge to say that, please explain why that "lies" are false! That more interesting for everybody!

Thanks!

J.Bd

Sorry, I don't know nothing about Breitling that true!

Why I post ? In my opinion that info was good for everybody and not outdated for all replica watches. You had to laugh my friend? Please do it because I'm a newbie and I don't know everything about replica... but YOU, YOU are the MASTER and you know the true about replica! Many thanks to you master jedi you change my way and make it better.

My question is: Why are you so agressive with me? I touch what? YES that true we buying replica and replica aren't good as true watches, but that the game. But I don't understand why people are so agressive. The only thing I know is about Omega watches and poor things for other brands that true. So I'm SORRY to touch people. This "lies" aren't right? If you have knowledge to say that, please explain why that "lies" are false! That more interesting for everybody!

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time. Sharing any information people find useful is definitely appreciated. There are far too many users who sit and lurk and don't attempt to put back in the community at all...and others who even worse, put back only to ridicule and flame others.

So...again, thanks for posting this.

I think some of the folks here (who really are not being mean...but just poking a little fun) are just highlighting how when you stick around with the hobby a little longer and read a lot more of the great stuff on this board, you will find that the rep market today has really advanced over time since that article was originally written. I paid for the download of the e-book some time back and still find it to be a useful reference. However, with the quality of the so called super-reps being extremely high, with the SOSF (aka SFSO, Super Ocean Steelfish), distinguising rep from gen is not that easy to do without a thorough examination or case opening.

If you read a lot more of the posts here...especially from new folks, you will see a recurring theme for many of the questions being asked...namely things like "where do I find the best sub", and, unfortunately "what does SOSF stand for" is one of those common questions being asked by newbies. The easiest solution for most questions is to use the search feature of the board...but experience will show that many people don't know it exists...others think the Shoutbox is the search feature...and others who use it will in fact find it doesn't work as wells as you hope.

So, experiment with the search and try and look up some of the answers to your questions and you may reveal some great info you never thought existed.

Search link for HBB

SFSO Search

Link to Allergydoc's Rep Watch Report post from a few months back

Who is Richard Brown link

Discussion over the need for an updated Rep Watch Report was one of the things I had discovered in the past.

Hopefully this clarifies things a bit, and doesn't scare you away from the forum...it really is filled with extremely knowledgeable and helpful folks...albeit sarcastic ones on occasion. :p

Thanks for posting this.

If you dare post that you don't believe that rep watches are linked to terrorism on a forum like Time Zone, be prepared to be banned for life.

I did it once, and was promplty banned and excommunicated.

Don't worry about the negative comments, although "dude" is quite harsh, me thinks maybe someone lives on a "dude" ranch... It doesnt' matter that this was taken from another source, I never read that you claimed to write it, only that you were posting it for the communtiy. Some folks don't think much of RWG and only come here to try and stir things up, ignoring them like a bad virus is the best approach... :)

RG

apologies if you took my comments as criticism Jbond. I warn you to use discretion when posting. The "lies" that make up this list have been discussed countless times and when I happened to see this posted as if it were new information... well you know the rest. Allow me to retort... Welcome aboard and I hope the information you find here will be as invaluable(or valuable) as it's been to most of us.!

Saludos de espa

Thanks jbond for refreshing this classic! Always nice to read.

Just one less-than-perfect remark:

There are no 27 jewels movements in replica watches

True.

only 25, 21, or 17

Not true. The ST-2530 movement in all PAM reps with power reserve indicator @5Hr is 35 jewels.

any watchman can immediately tell it's not genuine

I would doubt that. The new asian copies of ETA 2824-2 are hard to tell if they're genuine or not, even for a expierienced watchman.

I think that a lot of members can't tell either. A lot of genuine ETA movements are being called copies when they're merely a different quality of ETA.