When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

By-Tor's All-Star Team UPDATED: JANUARY 2009

By-Tor

This is my current collection of watches. I always tried to keep it in 8 pieces but "slipped" a bit. :D

collection.jpg

Then my Rolex-only collection. I've owned reps of almost all Rolex sports watches, but at the end of the day these 5 are the "must haves" for me. 1 gen, 2 frankens and 2 super reps. The only Rolex in my collection that I don't passionately love, is the GMTIIc. But it's a great rep so it deserves a permanent place there... 4 out of my 5 Rolexes have the 4th hand. :)

I wouldn't mind getting the upcoming classic WM9 SeaDweller, but I think black steel Sub will suffice. Daytona... hmm... it's a nice watch and everything but I doubt it'd get any wrist time over my Ebel, SMP Chrono and Aquaracer.

collection_rolex.jpg

Some summaries of the watches:

SFSO ETA:

Well what can I say... one of the best reps ever done. I don't wear my SFO every week, but when I do I'm always genuinely impressed of it. The blue dial on the rep isn't exact, but who really cares... it's one of the most "believable" and accurate reps ever released.

1copy.jpg

Classic Bond ETA SMP:

The gen isn't too expensive, but I somehow feel "connected" with this rep. It's one of my first ever rep purchases and the movement is simply superb. Definitely gen Swiss ETA. One of the best timekeepers I have, and very rugged and nice tool watch to boot. Funny to say something like this of a rep, but it really is built like a tank. I often strap this on when I'm doing some construction work at my summer cottage (or anything physical, like jogging or riding the fitness cycle).

77a.jpg

Bond 7750 Chronograph:

Still one of my favorites. I love everything on this watch: the size (perfect), thickness and the wrist presence. Maybe my all-time favorite chronograph watch (along with the Aquaracer).

smp_dial2.jpg

Ebel Discovery Chronograph:

One of the new purchases. I wanted a white dial chronograph watch, and this filled the gap perfectly. Outstanding rep and an excellent looker. This is probably going to be my first choice for the dress duties.

wallpaper_small.jpg

Gen 16710:

Maybe my all-time favorite watch. I don't think gens are worth the ridiculous money they cost, but this one I simply HAD to buy as a gen.

RolexGMTMasterII.jpg

"Ceramic" GMT ETA WHS:

I'm still not completely "sold" to this new model, but I like it more and more every day. The rep is a classic... and as a GMT nerd I had to buy it.

wallp.jpg

TAG Aquaracer Day-Date Chronograph 7750:

I've always been a big fan of this watch. And surprisingly, I love it more and more every year. Definitely one of my "bread and butter" models. Parting with this one is absolutely out of question. I doubt there has been a week that I haven't worn this one (after I purchased it summer 2006). Maybe my most-worn watch in the last 2 1/2 years. Damn, I think I'll put this on right now! :D

3a1.jpg

Franken-Explorer II:

This rare CHS version has been equipped with genuine dial. Dluddy built a similar beauty just recently, and this is my most prized rep possession. I love the white Explorer II, and I would definitely buy this as a gen (if my franken wasn't so damn nice). We all know the movement is a timebomb, but this devil keeps on working flawlessly, still after 3 1/2 years. If it ever stops, I'll replace it with WHS ETA. The hand stack is pretty much meaningless for me.

2b_s.jpg

Black Explorer II:

The most underrated and most overlooked Rolex rep ever. The legendary black Noobfactory model. I'm surprised how much I like this watch, and how much I like to wear it. I'm a huge ExpII fan and I simply HAD to get them both.

2s.jpg

WM9 Submariner:

My newest acquistion. You all read the review. Everyone should have one Sub, so why not get the second best one available? Second best to gen, that is. :)

1bs.jpg

These are pretty much the watches I like to wear, and can't really think of many others that I absolutely want. I'm aware of the fact that my collection is quite unimaginative, but hey... I only wear steel sports models like these. No straps for me.

The BCE has always been on my list, but I'm not too crazy about the polished bracelet. Another watch I have considered is the Omega AT... and if they'll ever release a better 42mm PO, I'd get that one immediately... other than those, I'm not really looking to buy anything new (unless something irresistible comes out). :)

I'm just curious about your taste of SS bracelets

: is there any particular reason that you're neglecting leather straps?

I'm the same way. I have some nice gens and reps on straps and they get no wrist time. The gens have been gifts from the wife over the years so I'm obligated to keep them. She doesn't seem to care that I don't wear them. Maybe she thinks I'm saving them for our son. :)

Thanks all.

Somehow the straps don't seem to "grab" me at all. I simply don't feel comfortable wearing them.

Planet Ocean with a rubber strap, yes... maybe. If someone has a good 2XAR UPO for sale. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I had to break my "8 watch rule" and ordered a black Explorer II from Eurotimez... to keep my whitey some company. Hey, I tried my best...

The problem is that I simply can't stomach to trade any of the watches anymore... so keeping the addiction in control is only going to be downhill from here.

Hmm, what's next? Maybe the WM9... and FINALLY the BCE? :D

Ok, I had to break my "8 watch rule" and ordered a black Explorer II from Eurotimez... to keep my whitey some company. Hey, I tried my best...

The problem is that I simply can't stomach to trade any of the watches anymore... so keeping the addiction in control is only going to be downhill from here.

Hmm, what's next? Maybe the WM9... and FINALLY the BCE? :D

Great move BT. You'll love the black, I'm sure.

And you might want the WM9 as you love Rolex :D

You must have a Sub! :victory: