When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mr Bond it's time to buy a GEN!

JBond

I understand all your vision. I love Fleming's books, but make movies who respect exactly Fleming's visions, with actuality problems could be any sens... That why for me, the evolution of Bond is important. Craig is a good choice I never said that wasn't. He is actualy the most realistic James Bond ever made.

The PO is more Bond because it's a real functional watch. But the SMP can be a Bond's watch too (SMP with rubber strap...). The PO without the rubber strap loose his personality and I prefer the SMP with stainless steel strap.

I post a shoot of my wrist. 41MM is my size I think... 45MM can be big... I never try the PO:

imag0352xz9.jpg

Don't let the size of the Planet Ocean put you off. I admit, if you go into an AD, and try the 45 on after wearing your SMP, then yes, it will look huge. But. Go into an AD without having had a watch on for a few hours and try one on, and you won't be comparing it to a smaller watch, you'll just be judging it on it's merits. As long as the tips of the lugs aren't hanging over the sides of your wrist (at the same time :lol: ) the watch isn't too big :) It's worth going, even if just to try one on so you'll know one way or the other :) The first time I tried on a 45 Planet Ocean, I'd taken off my Daytona, and my wife thought it was too big by comparison. When I finally ordered the 45 and put it on (without anything else as a comparison) she didn't think it was too big at all :lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first top end gen I bought was an Omega Seamaster automatic..blue dial. I bought it from a local Jeweler for around $1600 back I would say 10 years ago. problem was back then I thought the mens large size was too big and bou8ght instead the meds mid sized version. BIG was not IN back 10 years ago mind you. Now of course I think the watch is too small for me and I never wear it! LOL

Thanks for letting us see what a PO with sword hands would look like.

My preference is for the 45mm PO. I wear mine frequently with rubber and with ss.

It just looks more utilitarian, which is the aspect of the Bond character I prefer.

It is kind of a large watch, but just think of it as 220 grams of training weight for your off hand. :)

My boss wears a gen SMP and prefers that, but his wrists are smaller. That is a consideration.

At least you have the consolation of knowing there is no wrong choice.

And why hasn't anybody spoken up for George Lazenby??!! B)

Hi everybody!

Finally it's probably my time to buy a GEN! I have for project to buy a gen (in 1month...) but I'm really not sure about the model I really want...

I have a SMP replica Bond model. That watch was one of my dream. I love the PO 45MM with rubber strap but I don't know what is better between the PO and the new SMP.

I know, choose a watch is a very personal thing but I would like your opinions!

so:

jbcoax2iib8.jpg

or this

planetoceansandtv2.jpg

Thanks guys!!

J.Bd

i own both the gen 2254.50 and gen 2531.80 ...if it was up to me i will sell my 2254.50 and get the black bond PO 45 imo...

Hi everybody!

Finally it's probably my time to buy a GEN! I have for project to buy a gen (in 1month...) but I'm really not sure about the model I really want...

I have a SMP replica Bond model. That watch was one of my dream. I love the PO 45MM with rubber strap but I don't know what is better between the PO and the new SMP.

so:

jbcoax2iib8.jpg

or this

planetoceansandtv2.jpg

Thanks guys!!

J.Bd

Have you thought about an SMP 2254.50 Black/black? I have a Gen and love it to death.

Pictures for you

Cheers & Beers

Jim T

post-16348-1221829210_thumb.jpg

post-16348-1221829223_thumb.jpg

post-16348-1221829240_thumb.jpg

How about both??? :p:p

My Newer (about 2 months old) Gen SMP Chrono

P1010851.jpg

P1010852.jpg

And my Genified UPO with Gen Dial, Crystal, Crown, HE Valve, Hands, and modded pearl (relumed resset to correct height and a thin layer of clear epoxy over the lume to mimic the sapphire pane on the gen. Parts, watch and labor about $850ish for essentially a gen. I know I owned two gen PO's a pumpkin and a black.

P1010926.jpg

P1010928.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everybody!

so:

jbcoax2iib8.jpg

or this

planetoceansandtv2.jpg

Thanks guys!!

J.Bd

If I had the chance to get a gen Omega, I would definitely go for the SMP Co-Axial. Its classic and it shows pure luxury in its own way.. I'm actually saving up to get it.. For the PO with rubber straps, I think I will only get a rep of that one.. :p

Anyway JBond, have you bought your gen Omega yet?

I own a gen SMP (not coaxial). It's a great watch, comfortable, easy to wear, classy and sporty.

However, I'm going to buy the UPO.

I've tried the gen this morning and it looks fine. The watch has a lot of presence but not to heavy.

If I had to buy a gen, I would get the PO 45mm, but it's much more expensive : 2800