When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is, as i guess, the bracelet on my rolex milgauss just shi*e?

Tom

had it two weeks. it's not exactly an expensive rep, but it's very good for what i paid.

anyway the bracelet has come apart and when inspected it looks like the clasp is attached to the bracelet by one springbar that is held in place by two very shallow dents rather than slotted into holes as you would expect.

this seems like madness? how on earth can it lock into place in a 0.1mm dent. had anyone else had any experience of this bracelet (the one with the screws holding the links together). the only way i can safely see this holding is by drilling out the dent into a small hole. unfortunately i don't have a microscopic drill bit or the equipment needed.

can anyone recommend a solution. it may be just to buy a better rolex bracelet. i think i shall ask the dealer for one as this one is a terrible design.

cheers,

tom.

Edited by Tom

• 1 month later...

I do not have that bracelet on-hand to check, but the indents look marginal. At least, in your picture. Does the clasp's springbar have good tips & does it have a good amount of tension when you squeeze it between your thumb & index finger? If not, that is your problem. If the tips are good & the internal spring feels strong, you may be able to slightly deepen the indents with a hand drill. Just be very careful not to slide out of the indent or drill out more than you need to slightly deepen the indent - they are really not meant to be deep anyway.