When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Esteemed Members of the Community...

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

Before anyone goes thinking the CBR has fell off his chair and bumped his head or had a little too much after dinner wine... I assure you neither is the case.

I have been seriously analyzing my spending habits, my time allotments and my personal life for the past couple weeks and have come up with quite a realization.

WAY too much of my time is spent here and on other forums related to other issues I am heavily involved with.

This coupled with the recent fact that my house fell out of escrow and I am now left with two sizable mortgage payments (think in the area of $15k per month).

I was notified last week that my job was in jeopardy due to poor market conditions and that my two sons (who are currently sick with chicken pox) desire much more of their daddy's attention.

SO the first course of action is to liquidate a good portion of my collection. This is mostly being done by PM to a few friends who I think will be pleased with my offerings and prices. But after they have had what they want, a listing will be made here for others.

I am also putting my highly customized Nissan Frontier up for sale and hoping to downsize to an appropriate family car (thinking Nissan Altima Hybrid). And an art collection that I have amassed over the years (RGF I think I might have something your interested in... my fellow Miro fan). This is not entirely to grow my bank account, but to reduce my holdings to a more manageable level and remove distractions. As a new single dad I need fewer things and more time and energy!

I have made many GREAT friends here. I name only the few who have I have most recently been in contact with... but there are MANY.

Lanikai, I TRULY hope to one day sit down with you. Our start was rocky, but you have proven to be a great friend and a great asset to THIS COMMUNITY. You are very near the top of my list of cyber friends.

Dani, your another one... I have the UTMOST respect for you. You are a true believer in the hobby and I appreciate your friendship!

Dudro, your one cool dude! And I have enjoyed ALL of our dealings and communication!

Admin, You truly have a job here and I wish you the very best.

TwoTone... what can be said besides I truly respect you! I may not always show it... But I do.

The watch review clan... You guys put WAY MORE than most realize in to your efforts and I ALWAYS appreciated your reviews!

Freddy333, you have forgotten more about Rolex watches than I have ever known... You are incredible!

Stilty... You too man. WOW!

And then my SoCal buddies. First there was ChinkieChunkie, The Legend Of Speed, then CzarCzar, then Bruxe79, then Alan, then Avitt, Maxlove (you got a special spot man...), jjfesq, RGF and the last (BUT DEFINATELY NOT LEAST (these were listed in order than I met them) TheWindowGod... You are all GREAT people who I would go to battle for ANY DAY. You are a group that I hope to keep in contact with, but I understand that as close as we are that may not happen. In fact, I may decide to up and relocate back to the horrible MidWest.

I ask that each and every member of this forum look to their left and to their right. You will find some of the finest men (and a few women) that can be found in internet communities RIGHT HERE at RWG. We may not always agree, but we continue to make this place grow by being a HUGE source of information for people interested in the hobby of replica collecting. If you guys keep it up, maybe those guys over at the Rolex forums and the Panarai forums will one day realize what they are missing!

I may wonder back in some day... But it wont be for quite awhile. So PLEASE take care of this place. I want my kid to check in here in 15 years and say DAMN, my dad was here once!

I will be around for a few days to clear up some dealings and make a couple new ones. There is no real need to even comment here, I had some things to say... and Ive said them.

I mean it when I say this place is awesome...

T

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey amigo, life and RWG don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Take some time away... We all do. This community is about far more than just watches. We're a lot more like a screwy family and *when* you come back, we'll still be here.

Take care, friend. Priorities. Clear your head. Love those boys.

-Nanuq

not sure what to say....you will be missed. life takes many turns; hopefully there will come a day sometime down the road when it will be appropriate for you to come back and start spending time here again. in the meantime, enjoy the extra time with your kids and refocus on the things that really matter in life.

best of luck,

deltatahoe

ps, be sure to keep at least one special watch that you can wear and remember your friends here at RWG :victory:

Though having not dealt with you personally CBR you have always seemed to me to be helpful and considerate to others.

I do hope your personal situation allows you to return soon, as obviously your sons are your first priority, but, and I'm sure all will agree, this family will always be here for you. Good luck mate. :)

CBR,

It is always a sorry time, when one of our family takes a sabbatical, and you are truly one of "ours"

Never forget that the door is always open, and we would even be happy to see your face just every few months.

Live your life well my friend, and look after that family of yours.

Offshore

As other said, we all need to come back to real life from time to time.

Have a break from RWG is certainly not a bad idea.

Watches like many other things can be addictive and that is not always positive.

Having said that I too will miss you.

But I know we will see you here again. If not for watches, for the comunity.

In the meantime, enjoy the time spent with your sons.

There is nothing more important than kids for a dad!

See you soon ;)

Warm regards,

Stephane

CBR I hope things work out for you. Your input will be sadly missed, but as has already been mentioned, I hope we can see your return in the future, whenever they may be.

As someone who has always been such an openminded and fair member, it seems very unfair that this situation should present itself to you, life seems to have a nasty habit of dealing bad luck to the best of people.

All the best

You don't know me, but I will miss you. I always enjoyed your posts and it is clear you are a very honest and generous person.

I too spend too much time on the boards. I don't really have other responsibilities but nevertheless, it is not the most healthy way to spend my time. There is a whole world out there - and you are doing the right thing (as usual) by placing your family ahead of your own interests. Your kids are lucky to have you.

I was especially touched by the picture of your vintage Sub with your son's hand on yours. My own father died several years ago and I miss him fiercely. He was my hero.

The best of luck to you.

JohnG

T-

You will be sorely missed. I would ask you to remember that the world is not black and white. Don't just disappear. You have obviously built up a supportive "cyber family" and so when the times get tough remember your friends are with you in spirit if not in person. Once all the uncertainties clear up I do hope you will come by from time to time. You have obviously made enough friends here that an occasional stop by will be a blessing and not a burden. In any case those of us who have come to know you (and I count myself as one) will sorely miss you so please stop by when you have a moment. After all you can't spend every minute of every day with those kids. They will drive you crazy. :lol: Although we all found this forum in search of horological personal interests that was just the beginning. And I know that you among a few others know that better than many.

All the best,

W

Best wishes to you, and full agreement on all of the above. We all have the life / work / family balance question and I'm the last person in the world with the winning answer. It's an ebb and flow - but one privilege in life is being able to afford to ask the question.

RWG is the bar that's always open - until next time, Cheers! :drinks: