When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New addition... Into The BLUE!

vootzilla

Finally, my 252 NorthPole has landed.... and my Gunny Caitlin II strap eventually has a match!

Enjoy!

R0010914.jpg

R0010921.jpg

R0010915.jpg

R0010917.jpg

R0010919-1.jpg

R0010918.jpg

R0010928.jpg

R0010929.jpg

R0010930.jpg

R0010932.jpg

R0010933.jpg

This watch is very gorgeous in person... but there're still some flaws here and there.. The lume is really not the lume.. only the hands glow in the dark.. the number markers are like the white color...not glowing at all... but the biggest flaw for this item for me is the CG,... it doesn't sit right and tight to the case... how can I find the perfect one for this? or i just have to file the CG myself to make it fit more perfect?

Anyways,.. this one is gonna be on my wrist quite often!

:cowboy:

p.s. sorry for the color inconsistency. my LCD monitor is under the calibration period...so i've tried to make it as real as possible here..

For some reason the crown guards on these are all crap. Mine was the same.

Also be careful of the bezel markers, they do come out quite easily, especially the little square ones. I removed mine and re-glued them with JB-Weld.

that's why there is the V CG...

as for the blue dial PAMs, I should have my 1st blue dial PAM very soon - the 082 - and I think that could bring me buying the whole series that is out there of the blue dial pams... :( ...that's gonna be expensive...

yours is really nice...from my experience with the bezel markers on PAMs (187)...you should be really careful...and the strap you have is really nice, I like it a lot...

and that thing looks really huge on your skinny wrist... :o

Mine has a V crown guard fitted.. and I can tell you its a tough job. The holes on the case are slightly wrong, so you have to file out the holes on the CG to fit, secondly the crown is far to deep so the crown guard does not come close to touching, let along locking the crown. Third the crown tube inner diameter is smaller than any other Pam rep.. so the genuine crowns or the Palp or T crowns do not fit.

I finally had to fit a crown tube from a different watch, and a Palp crown to make it all work.

• 11 months later...

Vootz -- congrats...wear it well!...R

My "ultimate" PAM 252 from deltatahoe arrived today!...i mounted mine on rubber...truly a great piece...

Your PAM 252 appears to be a different model than the "ultimate" -- which is a much darker blue ("cobalt blue") and has fully lumed hands and dial...Taka wrote a tremendous review of the ultimate here: Takashi's PAM252 review

Here's a pix from Takashi's review:

P6052152.jpg

Well, a tip for the current owner / owners of the pam252. The top screw of the crown guard is a bit too high. the head of the screw is too high. There fore the lever cannot close complete. Filing down the head of the screw a bit, makes this better.

oiling the gunny a bit makes it a couple of tints more dark. Fits this watch better.

tips coming from a pam252 owner. Mine was lumed by Vac. also the 24h gmt scale was lumed. On the rep that was not lumed. Also a big error on this model.