When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Sea Dweller rep on Joshwatch

donq

Ok Guys pick out the faults (apart from the fact that most dont like it) lettering in the rehaut looks a bit grey not black

2.jpg

3.jpg

the insert looks black with grey not black and while and i am not sure from the photo if it if has a ceramic bezel

gen

rolex-watch-sea-dweller-deepsea-profile.jpg

rolex-sea-dweller-deepsea.jpg

A case back shot from Josh would be good

And repeat after me

I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex,I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex,I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex,I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex,I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex,I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex, I dont need a rolex,

It's hard to tell the colour of the lettering as the whole picture is a bit yellow. The pearl looks good to me though...surprising given past pearl issues. I know the price is going to come in high...so I think I'll probably stick to my Noob and spend the $300+ mark on getting something like the Skyland or Ebel Discovery.

Joshua advises to wait .. the genuine is with the maker.. this one has too many faults, it is made from pics from an alternate maker.... the better version will be released toward the end of the year.. :D

Thanks, then I will be waiting!

It looks like the case shape is wrong (too large in comparison with the bezel?). The bezel insert isn't ceramic. The hour markers are horrible (the external ring is conical in order to imitate the big dial hour markers). The result isn't great IMHO.

Edited by involt

Touchdown!

That one will be my next rep.

What about the loupe effect? Does the gen has the same?

I hope you are refering the the Deep Sea rep and NOT THAT CERTAIN rep ... :p Coz, this one is full of flaws... just full of flaws... Bracelet and case... What about the blue lume?? IMHO, when the factories try to make better versions , the bracelet will be the most serious problem...

I hope you are refering the the Deep Sea rep and NOT THAT CERTAIN rep ... :p Coz, this one is full of flaws... just full of flaws... Bracelet and case... What about the blue lume?? IMHO, when the factories try to make better versions , the bracelet will be the most serious problem...

Yeah, you're absolutely right.

That's a nice appetizer, maybe I'm a little to much optimistic but I'm sure that we'll have a super rep soon...

This will be my first Rolex rep, as soon as the better version is made. Being used to big watches has prevented me from buying one, and now there is no excuse. :p

For the moment i advise the people who are considering this one to hold their horses... as many have said this is way off in any sense of the word...

Then again if u can live with it as it is i guess then go ahead but be sure that anyone who knows the watch will spot it as a rep and a bad one at that from a mile away...

still to each its own i suppose ;)

regards laz

For the moment i advise the people who are considering this one to hold their horses... as many have said this is way off in any sense of the word...

Then again if u can live with it as it is i guess then go ahead but be sure that anyone who knows the watch will spot it as a rep and a bad one at that from a mile away...

still to each its own i suppose ;)

regards laz

How wise are those words!! I'll definitely wait for a real decent rep. As you said, it has many flaws and easily to spot.

There's no need to hurry, we have all the time in the world!