When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

108$ explorer?

pollux1

Josh currently has a $108 explorer with free shipping. I'm keen to build a franken of one of these watches ( Thank you once again Ubi for your help! ) But i'd like to get a "feel" for the watch first, i'm not expecting uPO standards, but do any of you guys think this is worth it for a look? I also have a spare ETA 2836 movement which I know won't fit my franken when it's built so I was also wondering if that would fit in place of the Asia 2813, although I wouldn't bother unless the movement died :) All opinions are most welcome!

idk if the spare ETA would fit, however the less expensive rolex models from the dealers is good product most def. The only difference is the the movement from what I am aware. They use the same case set and dials, just different movements. here are some quick (read: poor quality and fastly taken) pictures of my turno-o graph impulse buy from joshua

post-8414-1222009533_thumb.jpg

post-8414-1222009576_thumb.jpg

post-8414-1222009559_thumb.jpg

the watch is great for the price. you cannot beat it

I have ordered one of the 108 Explorers and it has arrived already.

My opinion: keep your hands off!

My watch arrived with one of the markers floating around and the dial is scratched.

Joshua promised to send a new dial...hasnt arrived yet.

The most problem is: the hands don't clear the dial enought so the hour hand nearly scratches the dial and has to be mounted in an angle in order to clear the dial.

My watchsmith tried to install another movement but then the seconds hand doesnt fit because touching the dial.

Next problem: with my watch the glas isn't straight so the crown in the glas at 6 is way off center.

Conlcusion: I wasted 108 USD and will never ever order a watch there again!

• 9 months later...

if its crap then its a waste of $108 which is no small change, ie could be a part payment of a more expensive watch.

is this build quality problem the same with all the cheap Explorer I from the various dealers?

Has anyone else ordered an Explorer I from Josh?

I have ordered one of the 108 Explorers and it has arrived already.

My opinion: keep your hands off!

My watch arrived with one of the markers floating around and the dial is scratched.

Joshua promised to send a new dial...hasnt arrived yet.

The most problem is: the hands don't clear the dial enought so the hour hand nearly scratches the dial and has to be mounted in an angle in order to clear the dial.

My watchsmith tried to install another movement but then the seconds hand doesnt fit because touching the dial.

Next problem: with my watch the glas isn't straight so the crown in the glas at 6 is way off center.

Conlcusion: I wasted 108 USD and will never ever order a watch there again!

Edited by P_Diddy

did you get it from Andrew or Josh?

Is there any QC done before shipping out to customer or is it lucky dip with what you receive?

Do any dealers send out pics of your ACTUAL watch prior to shipping, this would ensure some basic QC

Is the problem with the hands not clearing the dial face, an issue with ALL 'budget' reps including the Explorer I?

those $100 watches are surprisingly good. i got the noob

YM with free shipping and its very nice. the mov't is crappy- but it works fine.

From my reading on here and other forums, sellers that actually give the watch a once over before shipping are rare, but they do exist and are thus quite popular with their own loyal followings, these types tend to send you pictures of the watch you will be receiving before sending out to you.

Josh and Andrew are drop shippers, they never see the watch that they are selling to you, so I suppose that it is a lucky dip. That being said I got this 108 explorer from josh and have had no problems with it over the last 2/3 months or so.

Edited by SliSpeaker

is there any difference between Josh's $108 Explorer I compared to Andrew's $98 Explorer I.

are they identical watches with same movement?

btw what is timekeeping like on these 'budget' reps, +/- how many seconds per day? :D

thanks

From my reading on here and other forums, sellers that actually give the watch a once over before shipping are rare, but they do exist and are thus quite popular with their own loyal followings, these types tend to send you pictures of the watch you will be receiving before sending out to you.

Josh and Andrew are drop shippers, they never see the watch that they are selling to you, so I suppose that it is a lucky dip. That being said I got this 108 explorer from josh and have had no problems with it over the last 2/3 months or so.