When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Rolex rep Sub 16610 landed!

gianton

Looks and feels nice on my wrist, a bit small for my taste but the overall look is nice. The bracelet feels cheap compared to my GEN Omega Seamaster I used to own, so a Nato strap is to be ordered.

I got it from Chris "Eurotimez" who has been great in communication from first email, highly recommended! Took only 6 days from my first email till today when I got it!!!

Some quick shots:

23iwlr7.jpg

121phxx.jpg

2hprptz.jpg

looks good. btw - gen Rolex bracelet do indeed have sort of a cheap/light feel to them, especially compared to Omegas. To make things worse, I know most Rolex rep bracelets feel even worse. Have u tried oiling the bracelet? I do this to all my rep bracelets as it makes the bracelet feel a LOT better. Its best to do this a few hours before bed as you will see.... Soak the bracelet in vegetable oil for a few hours, remove the bracelet and let the oil drain off in a paper towel/rag for about one hour. GENTLY wash off excess oil with mild soak as to not remove all the oil but to remove the oil that is not "soaked in". Then wear the watch to bed to allow the remaining oil to soak into your skin overnight. you now have a bracelet that feels a whole lot smoother and substantial. Enjoy!

noob question here: which sub is that from the eurotimez website? is it the $120 submariner from the "dictionary" or the euromariner? the euromariner has the "rolex rolex rolex" on the rehaut and i have no idea weither or not that's supposed to be there but I don't really like it. your watch is awesome though!

Thanks m8! I have ordered my watch after I saw this sale thread of Chris http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=82237.

noob question here: which sub is that from the eurotimez website? is it the $120 submariner from the "dictionary" or the euromariner? the euromariner has the "rolex rolex rolex" on the rehaut and i have no idea weither or not that's supposed to be there but I don't really like it. your watch is awesome though!

Hi Andy, have Rolex just started using ceramic for the bezel or have they always been ceramic but the reps use something else, I've only just noticed people saying 'ceramic bezel' recently, What do all the older ones use?

RLX uses ... plastic bezels in subs since years... Recently , they introduced the ceramic bezel in GMTs, latter in the new Sea Dweller and lastly.... announced that they will make a new Sub wearing ceramic bezel. This first sub is supposed to be a blue bezel - blue dial sub... in 18 K ...

Generally speaking, new people to this hobby prefer the ultra-new , nearly-not-yet-released-but-announced models and their reps ... More experienced members recognize that there is no need to be a (very) early adopter in this hobby because of certain reasons:

1. The very first reps ... are full of flaws... well, actually they look [censored] most of the time...

2. There is a lot of reference for older and established models (photos, gen tutorials, gen owners) that they can use to compare the reps and help the market decide the best as well as use all this reference to make the necessary mods

Thanks for the explanation. I always thought the Rolex bezel was some sort of metal, never knew they used plastic!! Cheapskates. Blue huh....... dunno about that. I'm presuming the all black sub, strap, bezel, dial etc on one of the dealer sites here is just a pipe dream and not a rep of a model?

Thanks for the explanation. I always thought the Rolex bezel was some sort of metal, never knew they used plastic!! Cheapskates. Blue huh....... dunno about that. I'm presuming the all black sub, strap, bezel, dial etc on one of the dealer sites here is just a pipe dream and not a rep of a model?

it is metal ! Only the insert (the black thing.. with the numbers on it) is made of plastic..

• 2 weeks later...
RLX uses ... plastic bezels in subs since years... Recently , they introduced the ceramic bezel in GMTs, latter in the new Sea Dweller and lastly.... announced that they will make a new Sub wearing ceramic bezel. This first sub is supposed to be a blue bezel - blue dial sub... in 18 K ...

Generally speaking, new people to this hobby prefer the ultra-new , nearly-not-yet-released-but-announced models and their reps ... More experienced members recognize that there is no need to be a (very) early adopter in this hobby because of certain reasons:

1. The very first reps ... are full of flaws... well, actually they look [censored] most of the time...

2. There is a lot of reference for older and established models (photos, gen tutorials, gen owners) that they can use to compare the reps and help the market decide the best as well as use all this reference to make the necessary mods

So if I read this correctly, the new Sub reps I see out with ceramic bezels are based on future models?