When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first REP

CJT74

I just recieved my first REP. Its a blue TT sub, I know, its the most popular rep for the newbies, but its the one I have wanted. I actually bought the watch from a member here but its the exact watch used in By-Tors review shown here http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...t=0&start=0

The watch came from Eurotimez and was actually at Eurotimez for routine service when I bought it from the forum member. Chris at Eurotimez was very helpful in providing information, answering all of my emails, and shipping the watch directly to me rather than back to the previous owner and making me wait for him to ship it to me.

Now to the watch. I have a genuine all SS Rolex Sub and I know many people with the TT subs. I have seen a lot of them up close and handled quite a few as well. I am in no way a Rolex expert but but using the knoledge I have I would not have been able to point this watch out as a replica, at least not without a genuine watch of the same exact model in my other hand, and even then I'm not sure.

In comparing the replica TT to my genuine SS there are only a couple of things I noticed that were a little off, again I'm no Rolex expert.

1) The lume on the hands and markers are nowhere near as strong as the genuine.

2) The points on the bezel are much sharper on my gen SS sub. But this could be the way that the TT subs are. My SS sub is the only comp I have at the moment.

3) The kinetic winding weight is much louder on the rep. I can shake the hell out of the gen SS sub and its silent.

That being said I am very happy with the quality of this watch. Even the weight seems to be accurate. I have the band set up exactly the same on both watches, an equal amount of links. The gen SS sub is 124 grams and the rep is 126 grams. That seems right as the gen SS sub doesn't have any extra weight for the date mechanics or cyclops. I'm sure a genuine TT would weigh a bit more because of the weight of the gold. But as I understand it this particular watch has solid gold center links. The bezel and crown are plated.

All in all, I think the watch is a good replica. I don't think anyone wearing one will be pointed out unless the people around you know you could never afford a genuine one. I could actually afford one if I was willing to slap it on a credit card but at the moment I'm not ready to do that. I'll put the watch to the test over the next few weeks when I wear it around my buddies who also have gen Rolexes and Breightlings. They know I can buy a genuine TT so I am going to let them decide weather I did or not, and believe me, they will call it out if they suspect. I'll post results later.

The auto winding rotor for the Rolex in-house movements (i.e. 1570, 3035, 3135) is absolutely one of the tells on a replica. The gen movement has the rotor anchored with an axle, whereas the rotor for the ETA in most reps is based on ball bearings. So, the difference is an audible one, and you likely might also feel it as well.

congrats!!! now where are the pics?? :)

:wwp:

I am terrible at taking good close up pics. I'm sure my Casio Exslim doesn't help. Thats why I put a lint to By-Tors review, he has great up close shots of my exact watch. I'll give it a shot later anyway.

Wow...I just realized how incorrectly I spelled Breitling in my first post.