When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

bruce79

Thanks for the kind comments. This is indeed what I sold my entire collection for...a "T" series Submariner with ALL of the accessories. Good ol tritium dial resting in a lug holed case...a classic! Fortunate for me I was able to procure this beauty indirectly from the original owner so it came with everything: Outer/Inner Boxes, booklets, papers, polishing cloth, tag, & anchor...the whole package. Nothing compares to the gen! It's funny though, I almost need to learn how to wear a gen...I still find myself thinking I'm still wearing rep...you definitely carry yourself/wear your watches with a different attitude when your wearing rep vs. gen.

On a sad note, an opportunity has arisen for me to purchase an F series SD...the SD was my initial choice but I just could pass up an opportunity to own this sub with all the trimmings. So once my SD arrives, this will be going up for sale. I cannot afford to keep both. But I will enjoy it for the time being!

It takes 2 weeks to start collecting the reps again. Mark these words.

I thought it'd be exactly the opposite, but after I got my first gen Rolex I started to appreciate the reps even more. Imagine that! :)

It takes 2 weeks to start collecting the reps again. Mark these words.

I thought it'd be exactly the opposite, but after I got my first gen Rolex I started to appreciate the reps even more. Imagine that! :)

I feel you...I'm definitely not out of the rep game although I don't know about 2 weeks. :p I had to liquidate my collection to fund a gen as I did not want to put it on plastic. However, it should be a lot more enjoyable collecting reps knowing that I've got a nice gen too...that I'm sure of. ;)

I feel you...I'm definitely not out of the rep game although I don't know about 2 weeks. :p I had to liquidate my collection to fund a gen as I did not want to put it on plastic. However, it should be a lot more enjoyable collecting reps knowing that I've got a nice gen too...that I'm sure of. ;)

"Glad I could help!" ... he types while wearing the 3717 from Bruce's collection ... :D

All kidding aside, this one is a beauty. Wear it well .... even if it's just for a short time.

Yes... I definitely agree. I love and appreciate my gen and will never part with it. Owning 1-3 gens is great, those "dream and grail watches". Sub is the grail for many... and I completely understand. It's the legendary watch after all.

And then there's no need to endlessly search for the "Perfect Sub" anymore. :D