When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Oyster Prince Submariner 7016/0

freddy333

Well, I just got mine in today and it looks pretty much the same as everyone elses so far. Hopefully I can get some pictures of it tonight to share. BTW - did anyone else get a small bag of chocolate chip cookies with their Tudor??

Mine too. Dial is like the genuine Pic posted with the closer spacing. Same movement as everyone else's and Yes, I did get a bag of cookies B)

tudor7016sx0.jpg

tudor7016dialmacroqa9.jpg

tudor7016superdomecrystpj3.jpg

I am guessing the dial is a redial because of the tail on the m in 200m....but he more I look at gen dials, it seems Tudor differed in this from Rolex and that they did have the curl on the end of the m leg in 200m so I'm still confused as to the dial origin....

Gotta love the SuperDome though

• 4 weeks later...

After doing some research, it looks as though these watches are from Phong. He is selling them retail for $950 a piece. He is using real ETA movements with the tudor rotor on them and refinishing them to look like gen tudor ETA movements. There are several model numbers, dials and movements in these.

This is for sure the best rep I have seen yet. I wonder where the cases come from? Who is the manufacturer and how can some poor guys like us buy a few at a decent price? lol

• 1 month later...

Just a quick progress update.

After concluding that the original crystal was the problem with the loose bezel on mine I replaced it with a Clark Tropic. Now the whole assembly is totally tight. I needed to use a crystal press to get the retaining ring on after the crystal was fitted on the case. The retaining ring was hand tight on the bare crystal but obviously the rim of the case expanded the crystal sufficiently to ensure that the ring would no longer push on by hand. Now the whole bezel assembly fits like it should.

My next problem was to find an appropriate bracelet so I went along to my local AD who ordered a Tudor service replacement folded link bracelet and end-links, complete with springbars. It has got the Tudor emblem rather than the Rolex crown but otherwise it feels good and is probably close to the original of that era.

Just need a good bezel insert and I'm set. Maybe a gen crown and tube to complete the package.

My next problem was to find an appropriate bracelet so I went along to my local AD who ordered a Tudor service replacement folded link bracelet and end-links, complete with springbars. It has got the Tudor emblem rather than the Rolex crown but otherwise it feels good and is probably close to the original of that era.

Are you sure the bracelet is new? I was not aware that Rolex still made or sold any folded links bracelets? I thought the last of those sold out over a decade ago?

Is the relief on your Tudor bracelet's clasp a rose or a shield?

Just need a good bezel insert and I'm set. Maybe a gen crown and tube to complete the package.

Try the PMWF insert & Ofrei Illumines Dot (pearl). There are numerous threads describing these.

I finally got the back off of mine to see what may have killed it. Nothing really obvious, but the rotor seemed a little "stiff" and not wanting to swing freely. I guess its off to a watchsmith for an overhaul. Being the non-trusting kind, I will probably de-case the movement, put it in a plastic movement case and bring it in that way. Thay way, I know the movement I bring in, will be the movement I get back :angry: . We'll see.

Are you sure the bracelet is new? I was not aware that Rolex still made or sold any folded links bracelets? I thought the last of those sold out over a decade ago?

Is the relief on your Tudor bracelet's clasp a rose or a shield?

Try the PMWF insert & Ofrei Illumines Dot (pearl). There are numerous threads describing these.

Re bracelet - Yes, the bracelet is brand new from Rolex. It is a 7836 with 358B endlinks which I understand is a standard service replacement item. Unfortunately it has the shield emblem but at least it feels correct for the period and it cost

Re bracelet - Yes, the bracelet is brand new from Rolex. It is a 7836 with 358B endlinks which I understand is a standard service replacement item. Unfortunately it has the shield emblem but at least it feels correct for the period and it cost

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Great thread. it would be interesting to see where those old Rose subs are now. Really hard to find a nice gen, or a really nice rep. Prices on VRF have gone through the roof since this thread started in 2008. Probably could have bought a good used 7916 or 7928 for around 1k-1.5k. Not anymore!!

I have a 7916 in my collection, got it from justasgood, it's nice, but the dial isn't as nice. The dial is marked T SWISS T, but the rose is pretty funky. leaves  are too short and the petals are not correct. looks more like a Chrysanthemum!!

• 4 years later...

Reviving this thread as I bought one of these reps with serial 737xxx

It is indeed a beautiful piece

A wealth of info on this thread.

937ae1d2479be690edf2815d8a288b4c.jpg

e158d3aa8b0b57f77d50ead3621a1e6e.jpg

Crown has been changed into an original one

b6d5b7f146e7684147ddff3be9cd9dca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, silvertip said:

Reviving this thread as I bought one of these reps with serial 737xxx

It is indeed a beautiful piece