When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Oyster Prince Submariner 7016/0

freddy333

Pretty sure someone that's been around as long as DVNE knows that.  I think he was just looking for the maker. 

Oh. Sorry. Pretty new here and still finding my way around. Pardon my ignorance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, jigelow said:

Pretty sure someone that's been around as long as DVNE knows that. ;) I think he was just looking for the maker. 

:D that is correct. I have had a few phongs i.e. 94010 & 94110 but never a 7016. It gooks great! I was hoping it was from a cheaper source because I wouldn't mind having one. :)

that is correct. I have had a few phongs i.e. 94010 & 94110 but never a 7016. It gooks great! I was hoping it was from a cheaper source because I wouldn't mind having one.

His 7016 and 7021 have the older style case back. I have one of each. His 9411 is the newer case back style.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Just now, hugop said:

His 7016 and 7021 have the older style case back. I have one of each. His 9411 is the newer case back style.

Correct. I have never seen pics online other than the ones posted on Phongs site :)

beautiful!!! Can you post a picture of the dial side?

Sure. This is up side. Gen parts include early 9411 dial, crown, branded swuss eta 2784, 93150 bracelet.

Plexi is Sternkruz 25-125, Clark bezel, aged black to blue JK insert with ofrei pearl and the Phong 7021 case. I had it in the later 9411 case but ut was too new for the dial.

I will have to take a few of the other.ae7b9a14db8092f9c4eec01be0a9987d.jpg7074df32f9203f1096f737da6f1167b8.jpg

• Like 1

I have the 7016 case set up with my gilt 7928 while I decide what to do with that dial. If anyone has a gen 7016 dial they will part with I could make this one right proper.04a762afae87d757954151ad2914d70d.jpg

Such a beautiful piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Sharing information is what we do here. Not cheap, but he is good.

He has a son Jensen who has a site

www.vintagewatchmaker.com

much the same stuff, but occasionally one is cheaper than the other, so worth looking at both

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/9/2011 at 12:20 PM, Ray T said:

wow dead topic revival! i wonder what did happen to everyone's rose subs.

Since you asked............

In the dozen or so years since this thread began, I still LOVE, frequently wear & find this watch to be a perplexing enigma. It is the only watch I have ever come across in nearly 40 years of collecting that I cannot conclusively ID as either gen or franken.

Over the years, I have encountered a stream of gen Rose Tudor 7016s with solid provenances that caused me to vacillate my view of this watch back & forth. To date, I still cannot say, with ANY certainty, what we got? Were they gens or 25+ year-old frankens? The dials & casebacks are probably aftermarket. But am I prepared to put money on that? Nope! I just do not know? Then, as now, (with the possible exception of its original crown (which I replaced with a new 703 & tube), & even then?) the watch has the feel of a vintage Sub; not vintagized, but genuinely, & for the model's age, old--inside & out.

But, whatever they are, all who were fortunate to have been at the right place at the right time got the deal of the century.

7016 010 +1.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Very interesting conversation... I wonder what you all think of this in terms of being a GEN... 7016

[url=https://ibb.co/qDBqDCc][img]https://i.ibb.co/hgsQgc4/Screenshot-2022-03-11-at-21-57-28.png[/img][/url]
[url=https://ibb.co/BKsrS9y][img]https://i.ibb.co/sJ36MZK/Screenshot-2022-03-11-at-21-57-39.png[/img][/url]