When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Miyota OS20

Watchman

Hi,

I just recently acquired a Graham CF rep which is built around an obviously defunct Miyota OS20 quartz movement. Opened the caseback ... and have been scratching my head since then. Would anybody happen to have an idea on how to remove the winding stem from one of those? I wasn't able to identify anything I could unscrew or push in to release the stem. In the location where I would expect such a screw or opening I found a small protruding pin which seemingly can't be pushed in. I tried with some force but since it is protruding I am hesitant to push any harder because I am afraid I might slip and push the pricker right through the movement and dial if I try any harder. I can deal with mechanical movements ... but this little quartz [censored] is really becoming my personal nemesis. Furthermore even if I manage to remove the winding stem in the end I suppose I have to decouple/detach the pushers somehow before I will be able to take out the movement. So if anyone should be familiar with OS20s, I would appreciate his help.

Cheers

Oliver

Hi,

If you download this

http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/downlo...s_0S_SERIES.pdf

you will see the item 067-162- setting lever.

It is located just above where the stem enters, and on the outer circumference.

Close inspection will reveal a small indent in this lever.

Slight pressure on this lever via the indent (whilst you are in setting #1) will allow the stem to release.

You won't need to worry about the pushers, as they only operate by contact with the movement plates, so once the stem is released, you will be able to remove the movement.

Depending on the style of movement holder used, sometimes the setting lever may be (partially) hidden by the holder, so you may need to remove it to clearly see the lever.

If you still have a problem locating the correct area, study the movement, whilst pulling the stem in and out. Look for "something" moving! This is where you will find your release point.

BTW, all the info you need is availble for most Miyota movements here.

http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/download/index.html

Hope this helps.

Offshore