When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What are you driving?

alphakazi

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is my weekend car, makes me smile every time I get behind the wheel!!!:

I bet :D

A colleague used to own one - same colour. We all used to refer to it as the 'flying banana'. :lol: Great car.

Oooooooh! Who's a little judgmental, then? Who are you to (and why would you) look down upon anyone? Those are rhetorical questions, by the way.. I do wonder why a comment like this would be posted on a replica enthusiasts' site, though. You say you own several reps yourself, yet you judge others' reasons for doing the same? All your gens are Rolex. :clapping:

I look down on people passing reps as gens, not on owning them. Passing silicone breasts as "gens" is the same thing: Trying to look wealthier or sexier than you are.

Sooner or later it'll come out and most people one knows have an idea of what one's yearly income is. The next step is that others realise that you don't have the money for a $50k watch. Nearly everyone can afford a 4k watch if he or she wants to. So stick with reps to gens that are within your budget and don't lie to others when it comes to the gen-rep-question. It's ridiculous and daft.

Wearing reps to pose and say "hey look, I am rich" is simply wrong. it should be a hobby and fun. I have fun modding reps to a gen appearance but I never pass them as gen.

Want to talk about it, [censored], dickface,

What's to discuss, shitstain? My evening involves the local pub (which is within walking distance) and a few pints, which are definitely called for after the week I've had.

What could be simpler? :drunk:

I look down on people passing reps as gens, not on owning them. Passing silicone breasts as "gens" is the same thing: Trying to look wealthier or sexier than you are.

Sooner or later it'll come out and most people one knows have an idea of what one's yearly income is. The next step is that others realise that you don't have the money for a $50k watch. Nearly everyone can afford a 4k watch if he or she wants to. So stick with reps to gens that are within your budget and don't lie to others when it comes to the gen-rep-question. It's ridiculous and daft.

Wearing reps to pose and say "hey look, I am rich" is simply wrong. it should be a hobby and fun. I have fun modding reps to a gen appearance but I never pass them as gen.

I see we're in agreement on your being judgmental, then. People wearing reps wearing a sign that says, "Hey look, I'm rich" would be retarded (and highly amusing). I have no idea whether they're posing or not. Nor do I care. We've all played dress-up (actors do it for a living), yet no-one is better than someone else just because they are wealthier. The pimp, drug-dealer, and the corrupt politician are all superior to the average working man, and the many unfortunates who have lost (or are about to lose) their home?

Yes, it's a hobby, and fun, and some of us enjoy the modding aspect. However - just because some do not do what you do for your reason/s does not qualify them for being "looked down upon". Money does not equal superiority. That's all I'm saying, here. It's too bad that we've made a society that sees those who can afford multi-thousand-dollar watch owners as people to be looked up to. I believe that the indigenous American had a far more noble existence with no capital wealth, but with a healthy respect for the planet and its other life forms.

I'm really not looking for a fight here, and if I've misunderstood your gist, I apologize. Watches, cars, women, music, the arts...we're all very fortunate to be in a position to enjoy them all at some level. The monetary system is crashing down around us, yet this is still the calm before the storm..before it all gets better!

◆ If we're to continue this, we should do it somewhere other than this "what we're driving" thread.

Oke, now you have laughed Greg in his face, now it is going to happen..... :o

I've never actually managed to read one of F5's posts.... that avatar is kinda hypnotic.

Intentional maybe?

:D