When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To those with Gen Croco's

ChronoKing

Group,

I'm currently putting together a Super Avenger and am looking for some advice from those who have a gen Croco strap. Is it worth the extra cost? From my research so far, I have heard that the gens are not all that comfortable. Is is worth paying the extra $300 to have a gen, or are the reps good enough that they look and feel close enough to the real deal?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a rep Breit strap, (I have gen calf & rubber) but I have been paying close attention to what people have said about them. After listening to many many comments I can tell you that the rep calf is very good and the rep croc is very disappointing.

The gen croc is very stiff but looks fantastic.

It does loosen up after a month or so of wearing regularlly.

I have 2 and fine them very comfortable. Both are 22MM and shades of Brown.

From 3 feet a way the rep croc straps like the same, they are comfortable but the are very obvious upclose that it is a calf strap with printed croc pattern. Has a plasticy feel. Feels much different than the gen.

I think it is worth $200 - $250 for a gen tang croc. Take your time and look around and you will find them new or very lightly used in this price range. I paid $220 for 1 and $180 for the other , bought both on Ebay months apart.

The depolyant type will cost you more as they rarely are for resale or discounted.

I owned 2 rep croc Breitling straps and disliked them both, since resold. That said for $40 not a bad idea to give it a try and see what you think,you can always resell it here for $30 or so if you don'tlike it.

Cheers,

M

I don't have a rep Breit strap, (I have gen calf & rubber) but I have been paying close attention to what people have said about them. After listening to many many comments I can tell you that the rep calf is very good and the rep croc is very disappointing.

@ andreww

good info. i've been trying to figure out what replacement band to get for my SOH forever, but don't want to spend much. i can attest, too, that the rep croc is terrible; it has started to stink up my wrist even...

@ andreww

good info. i've been trying to figure out what replacement band to get for my SOH forever, but don't want to spend much. i can attest, too, that the rep croc is terrible; it has started to stink up my wrist even...

Have you thought of a 4mm S/Steel Monster Mesh as in the pic & on the link below

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/chrono...rames;read=8965

I'm buying a SOH rep and am buying a Jurgens Meshie for it around $250 stil up there - to my eye they look stunning.

Lonestar have them too - neither of them are reps but at around $600 or so bor a Gen I can put up with that.

What do you guys think ??

BreitlingSuperOcean2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies/links guys. After consideration, I'm going to skip the rep. The best I can do on a new strap is about $400, and this sure seems steep for a strap with mixed reviews. There has been a ton of talk lately on rep straps, but I'm looking for the closest (non-breitling) gen within a reasonable price. I found these over at TZ, has anyone handled one of these before?

hxxp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=4073815&rid=0 (replace "tt" with "xx")

@JimmyT- I'm not feeling the mesh....

Edited by ChronoKing

Chrono King,

I understand what you are syaing that $400 is too much to spend on the strap aone, with some patience you can find them cheaper but it takes time.

What I don't understand is you mention the gen croc strap has mixed reviews?

From who, the gen croc strap is amazing! Best croc strap I have ever seen, I owned an equally as pricey Simona Gator Strap that are considered the best gator/croc for Panerai and it paled in comparison to the Breitling gen.

Walk into an AD and look at a gen or try onw on and see what you think, any Breitling AD will have 5+ watches with croc straps already on them for you to try.

They are a little stiff at first otherwise top notch.

Cheers,

M