When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's about swiss quartz?

JBond

Hi guys,

I'm looking for informations about swiss quartz replica because I can't see nothing here! So, anyone had ever open a back of a swiss quartz replica watch?? Have you got pics? I wanna know if the swiss quartz are ETA like our automatic... If they not, why dealers says "swiss quartz".

Thanks for all informations I can get.

Cheers

:)

J.Bd

I have never owned or purchased a quartz-powered rep, but many high end Swiss-made quartz watches rely on ETA for their quartz movements (retail on many of the movements is under $25). I just recently replaced an ETA in a $400 Swiss Military diver's watch & my cost for the movement was $12 (I charged my customer all of $20 for the part)

esa805114.jpg

So it's possible to get a real quartz ETA movement in replica watch? That good news :)

Yes but why? Japan/China (Miyota/Citizen) Quartz are just as good. I mean.. I never seen a Quartz failing. Even those watches they gives in cereal boxes are indestructible movement wise.

The only "swiss quartz" I value are the special movement like in the Porsche design. But again, why would I pay $300 for a Quartz rep when I can get an 7750 one for cheaper.

Who pays 300 for a quartz rep? My dealer charges between 50 and 80 bucks for quartz. Most of the time in same case as auto. Mind you the only quartz reps I will buy are those that have a quartz MVT in gen such as the Bvlgari Carbon Gold I just ordered for a friend.

If you must go quartz Watch Eden have a range of quartz reps for arround 108USD, less for RWI members (here too?). About a third are same case as auto.

Regards,

Col.

EDIT: Hey Vric, hows your MS tourby going?

Edited by trailboss

Hi guys,

I'm looking for informations about swiss quartz replica because I can't see nothing here! So, anyone had ever open a back of a swiss quartz replica watch?? Have you got pics? I wanna know if the swiss quartz are ETA like our automatic... If they not, why dealers says "swiss quartz".

Thanks for all informations I can get.

Cheers

:)

J.Bd

Here you go, check this thread

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;hl=indy+500

I tis probably not right topic but why some big wall clock`s have quarts movement with perfectly sweeping second hand, probably better more expensive movement?! And why it is not possible use that sweeping technique in wrist watch movement.

Probably wall clock and wrist watch have a totally different movement structre <_<

i bought a replica day date many MANY years ago from NYC that had an ETA quartz movement in it. SAME movement as my higher priced quartz diving watch I learned once i had to replace batteries. so swiss quartz is cheap, but i think the movement in the seamaster for example has a better finish and quality of parts. The only battery powered movements im interested in is the accutron 214 tuning fork movements and the ETA autoquartz.