When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fix for Vertu IMEI problems ?

chronology1066

Hi All

Right, I cant use my Vertu Rep on Vodafone..... we know this problem. Here is a part solution and with luck it might with a bit more work be a full solution.

As we have figured out the problem is with the IMEI numbers being blocked by certain networks. However, here is part one of the cure.

Software to change the IMEI number is availble for this range of phones and can be found in various places such as here

However, this is only a part solution, next we need an IMEI to work with. So, suggestion would be go onto Ebay and buy a busted phone - One IMEI ready to go

Part three is wher I need a bit of help though. THe cables for the Vertu phones are all USB and the software only works on RS232 since it needs a port to apply through. I know there are adapters for this but they depend on software solutions which can be very unreliable. So, thats the challenge, the easiest way is to find an older machine with RS232 but then we need a guru to figure out the correct wiring which is not my bag.

Ideas anyone?

BTW, there is a management suite to work with it as well on the same download site

Hope this takes us forward

Ta

Les

Edited by chronology1066

Sry dont know how to fix your problem but just some information to Vertu rep buyers.

This phone will not work properly in every country.

I have phone ca 3 month ( was my girlfriend phone but for her this phone was to heavy).

Works without problems, menu is quite slow but it is not good phone if you are traveling a lot.

Month ago I was in France ( Nice) and in Monaco , it has a signal but was not possible to call or receive call`s. Was possible to call if manually change to other net provider. If I remember correctly then problem was with Orange network.

Yesterday I was in Finland. Was not possible to call also- invalid SIM car was error message on screen. Was even not possible to change network providers :(

Back home no such problems with call`s. In my country it works perfectly.

But this rep Vertu cell phone is not suitable for traveling.