When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Exp 2

spaghettiman

Bold and thicker numbers for gen bezel.

So far only EL and Andy have some good ones.

EL's is better but wrong date fond.

Andy's has good date fond but has silver (sort of gun color) rings around the dot marks.

.... rep makers dont want to make this damn thing right.

I don't know much about EXPII (though I had one from abay) but I do know that the rehaut on the gen is more at a 90 degree angle with the dial face and deeper...the rep is more slanted and shallow...my vote is GEN.

The way I can tell the difference between real and rep in the GMT Master II and Explorer II, is the 24 hr hand. On the rep it is located below all the other hands, next to the dial. On the gen it is located between the hour and minute hands (!).

Cheers.

The way I can tell the difference between real and rep in the GMT Master II and Explorer II, is the 24 hr hand. On the rep it is located below all the other hands, next to the dial. On the gen it is located between the hour and minute hands (!).

Cheers.

The new rep version of the GMT II has the correct hand stack.

Guest Obeyan

certainly looks like gen dial. The lume just isn't that good on a rep. BTW- one of my favorite models and was my last gen.

GEN...deep rehaut and black hour markers! or a 'franken-plorerII'

The black contour on the hour markers should be an easy fix for factories (actually the 12, 6 and 9 are somewhat black on the rep)...but I guess they are selling them as is...

That's why if you are going to buy a rep ExplII get the black dial... just my 2cents

Cheers :drunk:

Alex

I've got my gen in hand as I look at the pics . . . not sure why it's "definitely not a genuine bezel" as it looks pretty good to me. The crown looks a bit rougher than mine and something about the CG's and the bezel/end link fit doesn't seem quite right, but then mine is a later model with the SEL's from 2001, so it may be a manufacturing difference. I suppose it's possible this is a frankenwatch with a gen dial but I would believe it's the real deal. If this is a rep it's more perfect than any "perfect" Rolex I've seen offered by our dealers, that's all I can say.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read about this "genuine hand stack" sequence, but I have yet to see a picture of one. U got any?

It would take some real fanangling to give it the proper handstack... at least to the ETA.

I got one with ETA 2836-2 and the correct handstack from Andrew. It also sets the normal time with the red GMT hand and the hour hand is set seperately in jumps just like the genuine. It wins 2 sec per 24hours on the atomic clock. I had it open two days ago and it is definitely an ETA. It's a superwatch...

It has, however, the SS hourmarkers I would really like to change to black. Further the numbers on the bezel are a bit to far to the edge... It needs to be 1mm inside the outer ring. But a friend of mine with the real one couldn't see it was a rep while he was wearing his gen himself and kept it next to mine!!!

Anyway here is a pic Left is my rep Right a gen. Below some more of my rep.

97116-27081.jpg97116-27082.jpg

97116-27083.jpg

97116-27084.jpg

97116-27085.jpg