When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why Do You Have To Service A 7750 Before Wear?

Alan_Schezar

Hi, guys. Frequent reader but seldom (if ever?) poster. Just thought I'd let you know TJMaxx is clearing out Hamilton Khaki field watches with Swiss 7750 day/date movements for under $200. They seem to be running $170 to $190 but my local store had them in the clearance case for $135. I bought the two they had. brown and black dial on tan nato. This would seem to be a good source of Swiss 7750s. Or do as I am doing, enjoying a really nice genuine chrono. I put a "mall kiosk" Breitling style bracelet on the brown and left the nato on the black.

GronK

Buy me one. No, seriously. Do you take paypal?

• 4 months later...
Great post The Zigmeister. I have about 20 or so of these movements. never serviced them. Just wear em. I know some will finally break, but in two years everything works. I need to keep "knocking on wood". I figure these reps are so cheap, that when I do have to service them it's still a bargain.

BTW, at least half are chrono's, and I use em.

God bless you.

This is testament to the real truth behind all watch movements - from ETA 2836-2 all the way to chronos.

Nobody can tell me that a rep dealer who exports DOZENS of chronos every DAY sells devices that break within one year of use. NOBODY. They would be out of business... and from what we know of our reputable dealer friends; Josh, for example... it just doesn't work that way!

Furthermore, the manufacturers of these movements did not go into their marketing meeting and decide all of a sudden to create a malfunctioning and poorly working movement. They engineered the best solution at the best possible price (7750v2) and we can feel the benefits of this.

Unfortunately, some people just don't know how to take care of their 7750s. They have "fingers of steel" and do not treat the watch gently, or the play around with the chronos and reset them without first disengaging them... indeed it is these people who adorn these forums with complaints about their watches. They represent the MINORITY of buyers, everyone else (you - for example) enjoys their watches and finds no reason to exclamate it as such on here.

I am buying a Breitling Navitimer 7750v2 from Josh in January, and I await to use it for decades to come!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bump for this awsome thread . Thanks to all the contributers.

I still don't understand why on earth are these movements poorly oiled. Dirty? fine. that I understand these factories might not have vacuum chambers to put these movements together but if a watch maker in China can put 200 pieces in A7750 together to make it work. How much of more skill or time they need to put a few tinny drops of oil on it correctly ?