When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FM Casablanca w 28.8K

Samurai

"made with gen as sample"

not sure a chinese replica watch factory is going to shell out on a $25,000 watch to make replica's from, especially when it's a franck muller and so only appeals to a minority (myself included)

if it was made with a genuine they must be pretty bad at their job if there are such obvious flaws...

The natural color of FM is gold, yellow or rose gold

It is produced also in steel for a more human price, but gold is another thing !

In the pics of King this FM gold is very pretty, but I think that in your hand it is not really good because the chinese plating is very very light (3 5 micron)

In the pics of King this FM gold is very pretty, but I think that in your hand it is not really good because the chinese plating is very very light (3 5 micron)

While there is no way to tell for sure, (even the dealers don't know), The plating on the new FM is listed as 5 mils. thick. It certainly won't last a long time with regular wear, it's no different than any other gold plated rep.. IMO this is a watch you wouldn't wear everyday anyway. BTW It DOES looks really nice in your hand.

IMO, the markup on gen FMs are insane. I guess some of the costs can be attributed to the fact they have Platinum rotors on their movements. But how much could that possibly add?

I believe the list price of the SS model is $15,000. The gen is NOT AR'ed. I'm going to guess that the movement is based on a ETA7753 but I could be wrong.

The gen also comes with an option of leather and rubber.

Have I entered some paralell Muller universe? What are you guys talking about? Innacurate? 25K? Gold plating? Expensive gen dials?

Caseback's good aside from the idiotic SN. Case/pushers/crown good. Dial's OK (mine'll have a gen dial which I bought for $19). Gen and rep are both steel. Gen's about 11K.

@archibald......you are right. The gen is selling for about $11K.

Not sure about the serial no. but at least they got the model no. correct and the caseback engravings seem fairly decent.

Any tips on where to get a gen dial for this watch.....or would it be possible for you to buy one for me....if you have a source.

Cheers

@archibald......you are right. The gen is selling for about $11K.

Not sure about the serial no. but at least they got the model no. correct and the caseback engravings seem fairly decent.

Any tips on where to get a gen dial for this watch.....or would it be possible for you to buy one for me....if you have a source.

Cheers

I've bought all of mine from ebay listings...watchco australia is a good seller.

Thanks mate. Will keep a look-out on the bay. Would you be able to confirm if the gen dial will fit this rep (the gen dial has 6 cut-off and bolder numbers on the top)......as such it should if the date window cut-out position is in the same place.

Can't wait to get this baby on my wrist.