When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Site Banned by RWI

Guest Klink2

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted over there after I saw By-Tor asked to have his stuff removed (I guess Klink just copied posts and reviews, tutorials, etc. from all the forums without permission), and Klink is REFUSING.

He says because he can find it on Google, he doesn't have to take it down.

:rolleyes:

Think your post and mine seconding it have dissapeared...another forum uses this method, not cricket at all, lock em up yes but removal and editing is just plain underhanded, no one see's, no one can make an informed opinion IMO... <_<

Hmm, I appear to have been banned without ever posting one word :p

Great place he's running over there!

Same, although I have never had any contact with him, I wonder if everyone's banned?

The guy has always been a fruit loop, I was glad to see the back of him.

I posted over there after I saw By-Tor asked to have his stuff removed (I guess Klink just copied posts and reviews, tutorials, etc. from all the forums without permission), and Klink is REFUSING.

He says because he can find it on Google, he doesn't have to take it down.

:rolleyes:

He's probably running on the theory that if something's in the 'public domain', then it's essentially a free for all. If I recall from my time moderating another forum, if a person makes a request to the forum owner that [offensive] comment be removed, if the forum owner does not remove it, then they may be liable for potential prosecution... The US authorities take 'Cyber-stalking' and other online-related crimes much more seriously than the UK authorities.

Something else which could be done, is to make a complaint directly to the actual hosting company, and report the site for being used maliciously, and chances are, they will remove it themselves...

PS I don't even know the forum address, so if any comments are ever made there in my name, it's not me :)

What happened is that Klink has cancer. He is going through chemo therapy, and is clearly having great difficulty

with his mind. Very sad. I used to find him amusing if somewhat acerbic and whacky. He has done some sketchy things with this website, but I believe it is the result of a lonely, sick man, who is trying to hang onto his hobby.

What happened is that Klink has cancer. He is going through chemo therapy, and is clearly having great difficulty

with his mind. Very sad. I used to find him amusing if somewhat acerbic and whacky. He has done some sketchy things with this website, but I believe it is the result of a lonely, sick man, who is trying to hang onto his hobby.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for him?

I really do.

I wish no harm to Klink or even to his website. I hope he gets well soon. And if he wants to use my articles there, I have no problem with it. I don't claim any copyrights over my reviews of illegal counterfeit items anyway.

No harm done (imho), unless his site starts to scam people or phish their personal information.

PS: I have never requested Klink "to take my stuff down". I don't know where this came from... I simply don't care. I have bigger things to worry about.

Look, I know he can be a right pain at times but I don't think you guys have studied your rep history. As far as I can tell this hobby ows Klink a lot. His understanding of and, in the early days, participation in the industry helped give us the dealer system we have now

Appart from that the man is ill, next week it could be you. Where I came from we treat sick old friends better. Even if they do turn into gruimpy ole' beggers. You don't have to like him but having no sympthy for a man with cancer is bad, Mmkay?

Regards,

Col.

Based on the info posted in another thread I feel terrible for Klink. He was one of the first members I met way, way back. Incredibly helpful. Now it turns out that he was not at fault after all, and his site is now down, as the result of another members idea of a prank. Klink has his obvious faults, but this is beyond the pale.

Terribly disappointing. I wish Klink well in his battle against Cancer.

I saw Klinks new forum as a last attempt to make it good. He spoke nicely about RWG and RG.

I don't have to like him or anything... but this community apparently means a lot to him... and he has been banned, ridiculed and humiliated more than it's necessary.

All I know that I don't want to have anything to do with this gangbang. He's a sick old man. Enough is enough.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for him?

I really do.

I wish no harm to Klink or even to his website. I hope he gets well soon. And if he wants to use my articles there, I have no problem with it. I don't claim any copyrights over my reviews of illegal counterfeit items anyway.

No harm done (imho), unless his site starts to scam people or phish their personal information.

PS: I have never requested Klink "to take my stuff down". I don't know where this came from... I simply don't care. I have bigger things to worry about.

My post meant to convey that I also feel rather sorry for Klink. And your statement about public domain is very correct By Tor. Anything posted on the internet is free game and can be used at will, unless protected under copyright. Use of tutorials and photos for the benefit of those interested in the hobby, is a compliment to the author of their value.

Anything posted on the internet is free game and can be used at will, unless protected under copyright.

Everything you ever write is protected by copyright unless you explicitly place it in the public domain, which is effectively what By-Tor has done.

Search engines that cache your copyright do so under fair use, which doesn't infringe your rights.

Yes, that means you cannot repost my pictures without my permission - although I allow anything I do to be used for non-commercial purposes as long as it's attributed. One can, in fact, post a picture on the internet and then sue someone for reposting it elsewhere, without needing to state that they cannot do so.

Don't assume posting on the internet is the same as relinquishing your rights.

You can sue anyone for anything anytime. That does not mean the plaintiff will prevail. International law regarding internet posting and photos without copywright are indeed open for copy, and it would be interesting to see precedent

of anyone successfully litigating a claim such as what we are discussing here.

International law regarding internet posting and photos without copywright are indeed open for copy, and it would be interesting to see precedent

of anyone successfully litigating a claim such as what we are discussing here.

You don't understand copyright.

If you take a photo, you own the copyright. You don't need to do anything to declare it copyrighted.

You want to hear of cases of reposted articles being pulled because of copyright? Look around; it happens all the time.

Pug, thanks, I read your link, and it is old news. I don't need any further education.. Perhaps you should read my post again. Oh, I forgot, when I say the sky is blue, you say it is not blue but green.

Pug, thanks, I read your link, and it is old news. I don't need any further education.. Perhaps you should read my post again. Oh, I forgot, when I say the sky is blue, you say it is not blue but green.

I re-read your post. This bit especially: "International law regarding internet posting and photos without copywright are indeed open for copy"

This is the exact opposite to the rights accorded by the Berne Convention.

You cannot post "without copywright" (sic) unless you explicitly lift your copyright. Every post and every photo is copyrighted by default.

If I take a photo and post it here, you do not have the right to use it as you see fit unless you are using it in something that is covered by fair use.

What part of this is wrong?