When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO SS bracelet experts needed

20000loft

Hi 2 everybody... I've been planning on geting the AP ROO secs@12 with SS bracelet.

a lot of people are complaining about the quality of the bracelet... it sounds really crap at all :huh:

now, if U have this watch with a SS bracelet, pls let me know what your opinion is about the bracelet.

would be great to know it be4 I'll place an order....

regards

2L

Bracelet is of fantastic quality IMO.

Weight and build quality are as nice as any rep bracelet I have ever seen.

I have all of the rep Breitling bracelets which are widely considered the best rep bracelets and this AP ROO bracelet is better than any of them.

Two issues that are confusing you about what people have said or likely think:

1.) the bracelet is heavy and makes the watch wear much bigger than the straps.

This is a large watch if you have smaller wrists it will likely look better on you than a strap, the strap without a doubt wears smaller on the wrist.

2.) the brushing technique is not exactly the same as on the gen. Side by side this could be noticed and that is why many users opt for a strap as well, with a gen or replacement strap the watch would look more gen like for this reason. Keep in mind the gen is a $20 K watch so to expect an exact bracelet copy is not realistic. I am not sure if anyone has attmepted to hand brush the bracelet to better match the gen appearance?

That hardly means the bracelet is crap, I have heard a couple of people had issues with the clasp but mine works fine and I have never had a problem.

I bought the a AP strap but decided I like the watch on a bracelet better and have since sold the strap and conversion kit.

Cheers,

M

I have had 2 with bracelets from the original run of MBW's (one with seconds at 9 and the other from the franken seconds at 12) and had no problems with the bracelets or clasps. They felt very solid and do wear like the gen (IMHO). You do need to re-brush it though if you are really trying to match it up to the gen bracelet.

I have no complains about the brushing or the clasp.

My problem is that the caps between the links are not the same. I have seen 2 bracelets now and they both had the same problem (sec@12). Also the play between the links is a bit too much I think. But that can be fixed of course. ;)

2.) the brushing technique is not exactly the same as on the gen. Side by side this could be noticed and that is why many users opt for a strap as well, with a gen or replacement strap the watch would look more gen like for this reason.

What is the difference in technique? Too coarse on the rep?