When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

patek phillipe golden ellipse

rkdk

• 7 years later...

Re blast from the past...

Today an Ellipse could pass for a lady watch when worn on a leather strap. I had one (18kyg) in 1998 on a full size integrated bracelet with the manual wind cal 23-300 and it looked like new but I only paid scrap gold value for it from a watch trader (he did not think much of them either). Imho it was not much of a watch...the 23-300 is fragile as a raw egg and the size of the watch was out of style even back then. Since I do not wear this type of watch and do not care much for Patty Philly watches I traded it even for a nib rolex 16233 with a diamond dial.

When I got the watch I had it c/o and ordered a new sapphire crystal and 18k crown for it from H Stern in NYC (had a connection back then) but did not put the crystal or crown on it and still have them in the box they came in...need to put them on eBay. Unless a common PP can be purchased cheap enough to flip, I would pass on them especially since parts are not available, 'factory service' is absurdly priced, and imho they are too fragile to wear outside the house. Like I said before...I consider them to be Country Club or Pimp watches.   :pimp:

• Like 1