When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New BCE w/ Roman Numerals are out

alanytical

the bracelets are awful - i have had 2 of them. I have the older gen crosswind dial - which i still like better compared to the newer model (that i saw in person)

i would recommend that a sweet thick strap from HKtan in matching color - i have a blue one with gold stitching. there is an awesome blue marbling in the strap - doesn't get any better than that :)

now if we could only get him to work a little faster :)

Stupid noob question, but how long can you expect the "fake" gold to last on these things?

I have two BCEs in full gold plate. Both are over year and a half old and show no wear. I have even scratched up the underside of the lug ends changing straps which I do regularly and no base metal is showing through.

Different for every model... Depends on how much microns are plated. 5 microns i heard usually last from 6 months to 1 year, it depends on how much you wear it.

Greetz.

i have seen the cheap reps have problems with the crowns - cause you use them alot.

I have seen other reps last for a long time. The problem with the breitlings isnt the gold on the watch case, its the bracelet - the midlinks are done like [censored]. even from the supposed "best" makers

you can wear it and get away with it, but don't take it off to show anyone. In my opinion on the band, its not even plated, its just painted on - because, you can't get brush strokes wtih plating like there are on the end links.

and there is no plating on the sides of the links where it hits the sides of the SS part of the bracelet.

its definatly passable, but, like i said, i recommend leather.

I'm looking at the BCE 172, 173, and 174 that they rep these against, and notice that the bezel is all gold on the gens.

Can someone confirm if maybe a previous year had the TT Roman Numerals with the SS bezel w/ gold riders and screws?

Either that or the rep guys goofed on this one.

bcern.jpg

Sorry, I am corrected then. I watched a video of the stick markers model from breitlingsource ad there he mentioned that the roman numerals model was only made in 2 tone and full gold (I watched it again and he says full yellow/rose gold). Here's the link:

Thanks for the info!

Greetz.