When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just made a purchase! SSD V2

clkcadet

Hey

I just bought a SSD V2 from Puretime. He had a great price, and he is really nice to deal with.

The question is how long will it take to get to me? I am already starting to itch!

Another Q, what mods would I need out of the box? I think I am going to purchase just a new pearl from watchmaterial (should I get full bezel?)

Anything else I should know about puretimes SSD V2?

Thanks!

Congrats on your first purchase. I too recently acquired a SSD V2, you are going to be really impressed with this one. Ok they screwed up the frontal rehaut a little, but don't let that put you off the amazing build quality of this watch, it will blow you away!

In terms of mods, there's 3 things you can do to bring this very close to gen, and they're pretty simple providing you take your time and your good with your hands.

Swap the pearl with a WM pearl, sand/file down the insert so that it sits flush against the bezel, and trim the cg's. With these 3 mods done, good luck in getting called out ;)

Thanks for the info. I am going to purchase the pearl as well today, but is there a better pearl out there that is similar to gen?

I have no problem doing the insert and CG filing as there are many tutorials available (If I mess up the bezel insert I can get a new one)

I cant wait!!!!!

Thanks for the info. I am going to purchase the pearl as well today, but is there a better pearl out there that is similar to gen?

I have no problem doing the insert and CG filing as there are many tutorials available (If I mess up the bezel insert I can get a new one)

I cant wait!!!!!

I've been meaning to do these mods too, but I'm too scared that I'll ruin the cg's. So I intend to purchase cheap subs to practice on first, before I attempt it on my SSD.

The WM pearl is the most accurate aftermarket pearl currently known. It has a sapphire covering over the pearl, and great lume, quite close to OEM. You will be hard pressed to find a better pearl for the cost and ease of availability.

Asian ETA is a great choice, thats what I have in mine. The rotor sounds the same as gen ETA and mine has been keeping great time, +5 seconds a day, which I believe is within COSC standards.

If you buy an insert from WM, it will sit below the bezel lip with no need of modification.

About the rehaut...

This:

sdrehaut1ro7.jpg

is the result of a image processing of picture taken from this board, comparing the gen with the rep; it's resized so that the actual size on my screen (17", 1162x864 res) is comparable to the real one. Can you notice such a lot of difference? The size of the misalignment of the RRR on the GMT II Ceramic is ten times as great; and the GMT II is considered a "super-rep"

If you buy an insert from WM, it will sit below the bezel lip with no need of modification.

About the rehaut...

This:

sdrehaut1ro7.jpg

is the result of a image processing of picture taken from this board, comparing the gen with the rep; it's resized so that the actual size on my screen (17", 1162x864 res) is comparable to the real one. Can you notice such a lot of difference? The size of the misalignment of the RRR on the GMT II Ceramic is ten times as great; and the GMT II is considered a "super-rep"

Thanks for that pic. Its hard to see the difference, but it does not look like a big deal. Im pretty sure this SSD doesnt have the "rolexrolexrolex"

Also I read about that bezel issue (that it sits above the bezel) and since I want it to look as GEN as possible the $25 for a new bezel/pearl is probably worth the investment!

Edited by clkcadet

Thanks for that pic. Its hard to see the difference, but it does not look like a big deal. Im pretty sure this SSD doesnt have the "rolexrolexrolex"

Obviously it doesn't have it. I meant that the the differences between rehauts are less than 0.5 mm whereas the misalignment of the RRR on the GMTIIc rep (when compared to a gen) is more than 2 mm; besides, on the GMTIIc you have a reference mark (the hour marker). So in my humble opinion the inaccuracy of the SSD rehaut is negligible

Congrats on your first purchase. I too recently acquired a SSD V2, you are going to be really impressed with this one. Ok they screwed up the frontal rehaut a little, but don't let that put you off the amazing build quality of this watch, it will blow you away!

In terms of mods, there's 3 things you can do to bring this very close to gen, and they're pretty simple providing you take your time and your good with your hands.

Swap the pearl with a WM pearl, sand/file down the insert so that it sits flush against the bezel, and trim the cg's. With these 3 mods done, good luck in getting called out ;)

What about the crown?after the cg's are trimmed is there a crown close to gen that we could use to replace the one came originaly with the watch?

Thanks

What about the crown?after the cg's are trimmed is there a crown close to gen that we could use to replace the one came originaly with the watch?

Thanks

Why do you want to replace the crown? The crown of the SSD is correct, very close to a gen one. Read the review on RG:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=6534

Edited by involt