When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam service or does someone want my dsn titantium pam?

zesh

Hi

I have a titanitum pam from dsn. Ihave had it for 2 years and either would like to have it serviced in London or would consider selling it to anyone.

Can someone either give some info on a good watchsmith that will touch a rep or will someone show me interest in buying it from me.

It is running fast and has a few minor scratches around the bezel. It is beautiful, lumed, cannon piston, ar, swan neck unitas.

or a swap?

cheers fellas

Hi

Here are some pics, I have had a lot of interest so far, i'm really suprised,

I mean, i know it was a nice watch but DAMN. Everyone wants it. I am tempted just to keep such a beautiful timepiece. You lot have re-ignited the reason i like this watch so much.

So it anyone gonna suggest a good person to service it in london.

Thanks peoplepost-14319-1231201910_thumb.jpg

I'm not liking these type of posts much as they can be scams. Say the poster gets 20 or 30 pm's from people that are interested in the watch and he then says yes to all of these people taking their money and doing the runner.

Not that I'm accusing Zesh of this but I am just making people aware that there is an approved forum for selling and trading watches and that these type of posts in my opinion should be deleted.

Im interested to know more, what is so different about the caseback from the usual setup. All i know that the laser etching is not deep enough. but im not familular with the old caseback and the position of the serial nu,bers.

Also i'd rarther have my watch services than sell it but if it costs more for a service then i'd rarther sell or swap it. And it's not a scam.

Im interested to know more, what is so different about the caseback from the usual setup. All i know that the laser etching is not deep enough. but im not familular with the old caseback and the position of the serial nu,bers.

I'm sure others will chip in on this but if you look at your case it has the OP & BB numbers etched on it along with the C number on the bottom right, if you look at your caseback you will find different OP & BB numbers along with the H number on it.

If I remember right the case numbers refer to a Pam 036 while your caseback is from a Pam177H, also the movment is a later (H & onward ) version.

Basically you have a 036 case with a sausage dial while your movment & caseback are from the later H onward series which has a sandwich dial.

Nothing the matter with any of the parts they just shouldn't be together in one case, if I owned it it would be split into 2 different watches but like I said I'm a sucker for Ti Pams :)

Interesting, I knew that the numbers were different, so it's strange dsn would give this piece to me.

Anyhow,

If anyone can explain the following, then i would take my hat off to them.

As i mentioned my pam was running fast all of a sudden, so i thought it would need a service as i've had it 2 years.

I opened it to adjust the regulator so it would run slower, but to no avail.

However, I wound it up yesterday and now its running perfectly again. Its like magic (also the regulation made no difference as it has been adjusted).

I only noticed while it was running fast( 10 mins fast per hour) the balancing wheel looked like it was running slower( i could follow its movement with my eye)

Now its running ok, the wheel is much faster.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Also Now its ok, I may exchange it with a member. Anyone can pm if your interested.

Thanks guys, you have been a great help

I'm not liking these type of posts much as they can be scams. Say the poster gets 20 or 30 pm's from people that are interested in the watch and he then says yes to all of these people taking their money and doing the runner.

Not that I'm accusing Zesh of this but I am just making people aware that there is an approved forum for selling and trading watches and that these type of posts in my opinion should be deleted.

+1

very suspect

If i have prompted anyone to make payment then let it be known public. but its not a scam because the 20-30 people would post and tell the whole community about any devious activity.

can anyone tell me why this has happened? the guy that is servicing it says that it's the old oil sticking to the componants and causing poor running. It is quite common and will run off again any time.

Is this really true? can oil stick like this?

Can you tell from the pic that the hairspring is sticking?

What eyesight you must have.

My watch is running perfect now so i'm happy. But i have the option to service it from a member in the uk. I was gonna sell it but now its ok.

Can you tell from the pic that the hairspring is sticking?

What eyesight you must have.

My watch is running perfect now so i'm happy. But i have the option to service it from a member in the uk. I was gonna sell it but now its ok.

Guest HaloArchive

I can tell too about the hairspring. I think hes seeing it because it is not evenly distributed in accordance with the balance wheel. It looks like on the left side of the balance wheel where the spring is, that its sticking on the one side.

H