When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ulysse Nardin Marine Chrono

ULYSSE NARDIN MARINE CHONOGRAPH

Macro Pictorial Review

unmarinechrono001is5.jpg

Genuine

8003102392rednmainnj6.jpg

1655unandseawolf012lw8.jpg

** I had planned for Robbie G to join in commentary , since he is more knowledgable on the UN than I,.. due to time constraints I will post this now and edit with his analysis when it is done..

thank you

Lani

This Replication IMO is very well made, from the machining to the assembly (clean) .. as far as reps go all details are crisp. the pic above is a result of the flash.. I rather liked it so I left it alone.. but the dial is definitely matte black

Dia: 42 mm from the 9 to the 3 bezel to bezel. .. and 47 from the 9 to the crown

Lugs: 22 mm

18 mm thick from case back to middle of crystal

Crystal (flat) Double AR with sandwich mag Mag is AR'd

Screw down crown ; Pushers @2 and 4

The dial is Matte.. again with what appears to be powder coating on then outer sub rings.. (seems a lot of timepieces are using this now) .. it gives the dial a rugged look on a very unique dial.

The pushers feel good .. precise .. the movement of the chrono hand returning to the 12 feels "strict" and not "loose"..

the bezel is nice and tight, with 60 clicks .. thumbs up on the ratcheting .. the black and red in the bezel is flat (colour)

Screw down crown ... good threading ..

The Strap is very impressive in that the featured part is to me anyway the hinged metal insert on the rubber strap... it allows the strap to conform to ones wrist.. it is very comfortable.. when cutting the strap leave room for adjusting during the summer months.. and I wear it a little loose as the metal clasp on the inside of the wrist can be troublesome if worn too tight..

the Official UN Web Site .. http://www.ulysse-nardin.com/watch.jsp?ID_...1_100003_10001Z

Assorted images of the dial.. close up..

27413461pi3.jpg

unmarinechrono004as6.jpg

The Texture of the sub dial.. concentric rings , outer ring/ticks and blue marker

unmarinechrono008ge4.jpg

unmarinechrono009jq1.jpg

Sandwich mag.. maybe this will give us a clue on the GMTIIC as far as the crystal and mag AR issue..

beveled date window and the font is nice and crisp..

unmarinechrono006fr9.jpg

unmarinechrono012lk4.jpg

200M .. crisp font

unmarinechrono014ia9.jpg

Mag

unmarinechrono016hc5.jpg

Bezel ... Crown and Pushers.

unmarinechrono015km5.jpg

unmarinechrono018fo7.jpg

unmarinechrono017ms9.jpg

LE engraving

unmarinechrono025gd1.jpg

unmarinechrono026qg5.jpg

Display Case Back

unmarinechrono030zl5.jpg

unmarinechrono031mx7.jpg

18665461be9.jpg

Strap... Sexy Macho.. functional !! or Butch.. depending how ya Roll :roll eyes:

unmarinechrono019lf4.jpg

unmarinechrono023vn9.jpg

The clasp has a slight play .. but not noticeable when on your wrist.. not a big deal and it does not seem that it will be prone to failure..

unmarinechrono029cf0.jpg

unmarinechrono034jk0.jpg

unmarinechrono036zv2.jpg

Lume .. may need a little more time out of the box.. 1/4 sec exposure

unmarinechrono044jt9.jpg

unmarinechrono037ye6.jpg

unmarinechrono039mf1.jpg

In conclusion,.. I had not planned on this replication,.. I do not do these reviews to attempt to convince anyone to buy this rep. but I will say that it is extremely well done.. hope this "helps" you make a more informed decision if you are considering this rep. B)

Thanks for viewing

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification on the clasp pushers mate. This is certainly looking very nice.....must resist...have to....resist..... :p

this is a must get rep. just remember to tighten that bracelet screw it comes loose ;)

fit is very comfortable, wore it all day today - Man, i have started a "best out of the box" list this is on it, along with steelfish graham pvd chrono and this AP rubberlcad is close, but not in the list cause of no AR, it may be correct, but it takes away form the overall pizazz

Thanks for the clarification on the clasp pushers mate. This is certainly looking very nice.....must resist...have to....resist..... :p

Resistance is futile "Young Jedi (mate)" .. give in to the dark side.. or just put it on your "to do list" :p

FYI .. the black and Red is supposedly the most accurate.. the pic of the genuine I have posted is erroneous though as far as the colour of the subs.. more and more genuine brands are thowing "curves" .. but the day's of replicating from pics are "history" .. B)

this is a must get rep. just remember to tighten that bracelet screw it comes loose ;)

make sure you use 2 screw drivers .. or you may find the one screw your turning.. very loose indeed... it's the first thing I do when going over the watch.. mine were tight.. if you don't use 2 drivers .. you may "think" they are loose :rolleyes:

Lani,

Your photo skills are just suberb!

You have earned your wings here!

I love your work...

Thanks Again,,

MM

Thank you M ... I feel Humbled .. coming from a veteran as yourself.... better lucky than good , I say.. seriously.. I will practice to keep "improving"... never be satisfied or get arrogant.. that would be the beggining of the end .. key to everything in ma book ... never be "satisfied and think you are that good"

thanks again M

'L

by the way, nice review great photos. no matter what anyone said about TTK - he was photo King of the forums, its great to have you, me, pugs others that are pushing our own limits to improve the skills

For me its a great combo hobby, wearing waches is cool, shooting watches can be even cooler.

Master Yoda .... the Young Jedi master can feel the force......overwhelmingly :p

As for the strap/clasp....this looks similar to what was there on the Porsche and Dewitt.....and I had a problem with both of them. The clasp seems to dig into my wrist....that is the only thing holding me back right now.

Master Yoda .... the Young Jedi master can feel the force......overwhelmingly :p

As for the strap/clasp....this looks similar to what was there on the Porsche and Dewitt.....and I had a problem with both of them. The clasp seems to dig into my wrist....that is the only thing holding me back right now.

yes, as posted in the review.. try wearing it so your pinky finger can fit between the clasp and your wrist.. then you won't have the discomfort.. the case will not wobble.. it is balanced and the hinges comform to your wrist nicely .. but it's Ok to resist .. B)

Can the links in the rubber strap (on both sides near the watch....with the UN name/logo) be moved to make the strap fit better around the wrist?

unmarinechrono036zv2.jpg

no .. the adjustments are soley at the clasp end .. so regardless you will end up wearing it too .. tight if your not careful of the cutting of the strap, if your like me "inbetween" sizes.. better to go a little loose.. it will not affect the fit.... choose wisely B)

my first sizing had the parts of the clasp digging into my arm, i went 1 not looser (there are fine adjustment notches) and it fit perfect, didn't move, felt secure, didn't pinch

I still need to learn how to "computer enhance" the images.. right now they are, lighting focus and shoot.. so as I say ..

stay humble, stay coachable.. the key to life IMO.. :)

this hobby got me into the camera deal too.. :D

i just got a DLSR and i've been learning what the various settings can do - and there are SO many more photos i can get with the DLSR compared to even a top point and shoot.

anyway for computer enhancement go get a for dummies book for photoshop - if you learn the blurring, blending, and cloneing technique your mostly there.

cloneing is what you can do to copy a portion of the picture elsewhere, its how you get rid of dirt, hair fingerprints change backgrounds

also HUGE is a polarizing filter. it changes what reflections can be seen - you can make crystals and glare disapear. or like i'm using it to make sure the reflection int he wood is very visable. :)

It looks great Lani. I didn't read the details on this watch before and had no idea it was so thick. The macro shots really show the level of attention to detail the factories did on this one. This rep kind of falls into one of my categories of watches that I think would be interesting to get not because I like the design, but as an example of the level of attention the factories have gone to make the rep. There are so many components that need to be assembled on this one, and as such so many potential points of failure, and they have all come together nicely.

You continue to raise the bar on the photo reviews!