When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ulysse Nardin Marine Chrono

Thanks Lani. The watch will super with a black/dark business jacket. Seems like the strap mid-links in the gen have a brushed look.

Josh says that it probably won't reach me in time (by the 6th Feb).....so might order once am back in the last week Feb.

needless to say it would look Stunning with a business suit !!.. 10-4 on the arrival.. plus after CNY.. they alway's have "catching up to do" in China.. figure how many workers are gone for all that time.. boogles the mind .. since they still depend on pure "man power"

that will be a prize rep fo sure.. !!

Am ordering this after CNY. Hopefully the factories can change the screws to black by then.

Meanwhile...am loving the Red/Black UN.....even though it's 43mm.....it wears big. The dial is very very well replicated. Glad you did the review Lani.....pushed me into getting this watch....and glad I did :p

And the watch I wish they repped rather than the current crop of fairly fugly UN's.

I think the current batch are interesting looking...but not something I would see myself wearing for any length of time. It seems more fad-ish and too garish to me. I agree...the MMD is a much nicer piece. I find the rubber straps a bit too busy with the metal inserts. As a design piece...I think they are more interesting than an actual watch to wear.

Being the owner of the MMD watch in the pic I will only say this: I went on a tirade last year and bought WAY more gens than I ever should have. But in doing so I got the chance to evaluate many brands and some of their flagship and or trademark type pieces including IWC's Big Pilot, AP's Millennary, Jaquet Droz's Les Duex Fuseaux, Glashutte PanoReserve, and many more...

That said, I will say that at ANY price, the UN MMD simply BLOWS away every one of them in terms of overall fit, finish, and luxurious build quality. The bracelet is simply divine just to run your fingers across, let alone wear. Everything about it, right down to the hardwood box with the mirrored piano finish and the 4-color watermarked parchment the COSC certification is printed on just oozes quality. I originally bought the watch as a "more interesting designed" replacement for a gen YM in the "Tastefully Blingy/mixed brushed-polished link/non-black dialed sports watch category". I got way more than I bargained for. Makes the YM seem like a cheap childs toy - and that is a nice watch.

I say all this because if the rep (which has been confirmed to be coming) is even half of what the gen is, it might be the nicest quality rep ever made. It will be a tall order though as what really makes the MMD special can't be seen in any picture. It has to be touched...

PS: We have a Florida GTG coming up and I will have a chance to handle the Diver Chrono rep for the first time there and compare the feel to the MMD. I have handled the gen chrono (had one for a day actually) and it is comparable (although no bracelet) in quality. The others at the GTG will have a chance to handle the gen MMD as well and compare what their perception of feel is as well so it should be interesting...

RobbieG: Thanks again for the post. If I pull the trigger on the gen (a bit of a tougher choice given the current economy) then I should send you down a bottle of Canadian Crown Royal limited reserve as commission.

Whiskey is always a welcome gift around here - although I would enjoy it more if you hand carried it and drank it with me. :drinks:

I'm bringing rubber gloves - no seriously, I'm not kidding. Nothing worse than wing sauce and beer to ruin a WIS's day...

last time we did this - we ordered, screwed around with watches for awhile - then put them down, ate some soup (no one ate a real meal) bullshitted for like 2 hrs

took photos of the watches together

went home - no gloves necessary :)

lankia good members never go away, we just post less often :) and sometimes are under anesthesia like today for instance:)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Any idea who is selling this watch where i can get it from? The pictures look great

There are not that many factories in China making top-end replica watches. All our dealers can get pretty-much the exact same watches. Between dealers the main difference is price and level of interaction. Some coddle you like a baby, and some just ship you the watch and expect you to wait patiently.

Here is the Ulysse Nardin area of Trusty Time .....

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=298&zenid=bd69e889d44e6cbfd3a95418012d2d05