When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Phillipe - Heritage

Guest HaloArchive

I love this video...sad to see half of the people commenting are just there to bash people with money... yeah, rip on someone for spending money on a watch...that'll right all of your perceived injustices...idiots.

On one hand, I agree... but some people are just arrogant about their wealth. Take this guy who posted a wrist shot of his family taking a ski trip to an exclusive resort (literally closed down for any tourists except them but fully operational) in their private jet on Timezone last week...

img0188hn9.jpg

It's when you see this kind of stuff where people flash the money "in your face" that grinds your gears. Hey, he's successful... great... but putting up a picture like this screams "giant pompous asset". :mellow:

It's when you see this kind of stuff where people flash the money "in your face" that grinds your gears. Hey, he's successful... great... but putting up a picture like this screams "giant pompous asset". mellow.gif

Agreed... I guess it's because where I'm from (Northeast CONUS) most of the people with money have "Old Money." I grew up learning that a gentleman doesn't discuss his wealth or make ridiculous displays in order to be accepted... some of my family members and neighbors growing up drove nice cars, wore beautiful watches and lived in amazing homes...however the cars weren't always super "in your face" (on particular neighbor drove a 1980s XJ and an E class for a number of years due to the "reserved" styling vs some of the BMW's/ Japanese Imports of the time (1990's) )... Country club talk was always about the external, not the internal. Houses were set far back in the New England woods and gated so as to keep unwanted visitors out and privacy in... Watches were SS Datejusts, Calatravas... You'd pass these guys on the street and have no idea they were worth millions...and they liked it that way.

Sad to see people gloating about their wealth on a message board.. you'd think having a ski resort shut down would be enough of an announcement of wealth!!!

I honestly couldnt care less. I find it highly amusing when people are wealthy and want to boast about it.

If they have something else to contribute to the conversation, i dont mind them bragging a bit. After all, if they earned all that money, it must have taken up a consideral amount of their time.

Honestly. Going to a closed skiing resort in a privat jet, may sound glamourous, but just think about it for a second. It must be very lonely not meeting any new people on your holiday.