When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best value HBB rep(s) available right now?

DemonSlayer

I've been doing some research into the best value HBB rep available right now. By value, I mean most bang for your buck, ie. the cheapest HBB with ceramic bezel. If there is perhaps a HBB with AR and it's only a little more, then this is also considered 'good value' I think.

The thing is there are sooo many variations of rep HBBs now, not to mention that they're customizable too, and most of the dealers are offering them at different prices.

Has anyone found the lowest prices for the higher quality HBB's?

I'll be posting some of my findings shortly. Thanks in advance for your input.

Thanks Delta. Do you think that the Tuiga 'Lite' is worthy of its asking price of around $328 + shipping?

From what I can see, there is not much difference between the standard SS HBB w/ceramic bezel lite and Tuiga Lite except a closed caseback? Also, the Tuiga SS with double AR sells for $508 + shipping, and the only difference I can make out is the double AR coating. That alone can't command the almost $200 difference, can it?

the tuiga isn't my cup of tea, so i'm probably not the right person to ask. re: the $200 price difference, i'd email angus (or whoever you normally buy your reps from -- i'm more of a josh kind of guy myself...i just couldn't remember his hublot-specific website) and ask about what the differences are....one of the keys is the crown should NOT be screw-in.

in terms of AR, chieftang's AR is better than any rep AR you're going to find (and certainly a lot cheaper than $200!!) ;)

anyways, hope this helps :victory:

deltatahoe

I own 5 HBB reps, and I completely agree with detahoe's suggestion of dealer, as well as the exact two models he points out. It is generally accepted that Angus is the best dealer for an HBB.

The two models linked both have the HIGH BEAT 7750 (don't even THINK about getting an HBB with the low beat 7750 if you expect it to tell time), both have ceramic bezels, and you can get AR added for another 20 bucks (worth every penny).

I would also consider Hont as a dealer. He can get just about anything out there for the best price, but I'm not sure if he can add single AR to a Lite HBB for 20 bucks like Angus can.

One final option is WatchEden. If you're willing to live with an HBB with a quartz movement, WatchEden has very, very nice looking reps starting at just $108 SHIPPED.

You can't go wrong with an HBB. It's a truly amazing rep.

Thanks also for your input jj69. Yes I too know about Hont, I've bought from him before, but not yet a HBB. I see that he is now advertizing a 'custom' HBB service. Pretty neat, he'll custom make a HBB in any way that is possible.

I recall reading a post of yours on RG about your experience with the factory 2 white dialed HBB from Silix, you reported that its operating flawlessly and you are pleased with it. I also read an awesome guide a member on RG has put up, a sort of 'Newbies guide to HBBs' and he thinks that the factory 2 HBB's are inferior to factory 1. Apart from the differences in movement, have you experienced any difference in the actual build quality? Certain dealers don't have access to the factory 1 HBBs, and sell factory 2 HBBs exclusively.

I would definitely consider getting a quartz powered HBB, and I know that very good quality versions do exist. However I have to have 1 powered by the A7750 :) Quartz models will probably fill the place of the models I would not consider splashing out extra on for the A7750 versions.

I agree with you on the HBB, its one of my favourite designs.

Hi Only just joined RWG..Great site. Looking for a Hublot BB SS...any guidance from anyone out therewho has bought a lite version..i was hoping to pay up to $300..please can u suggest any links to the best dealers/sites and post photos of any good buys you made of SS...

I have seen someone called Hont mentioned a few times..which is his site..?

I have had a look at puretime and timesshop they look pretty good.any good feed back on these 2?

Please do take time to help it will be much appreciated..cheers

I have not fallen in love with many of the HBB's but I was in Geneva today and saw the Black Magic and love it. Timeshop has a version that they are claiming is the ultimate V3 and it looks very similar. What do you think of the product, price and dealer? http://www.timeshops.net/Ultimate_V3_BIG_B...PH_1900-444.htm

Very tempted by one of these.

Rob

Prestigewatchco listed the HBB king in SS for $229 and the rose gold version at $249 today at RG. Now that is the best HBB deal going.

Note that the version Prestige is selling has the low beat 7750, and not the high beat version other dealers are offering. Major difference in my book.

I realize it's just personal opinion, but I always found the King version utterly hideous. What is with the fake H-scews on the bezel? It looks like it was designed by Invicta. :)

Well, I'm new to reps, but I've done everything requested of me on this forum. I've not "asked" what to get, but rather, I've read tons of posts on various models.

Well, I just kept coming back to the full ceramic HBB Black Magic. I should get the watch in a week. Yes, in a way, it's a cop out because it's so damn expensive - $788 delivered from puretime.

At the end of the day, I was concerned I would regret not just getting the ceramic case since the difference in price isn't a consideration for me. Hopefully, the ceramic case will hold up better to scratches over time.

I do want to thank all of you who contribute your thoughts and experiences with reps. Your insight helped me come to a decision.

I will happily report the durability of the ceramic case, as it will be on my wrist every day.

Cheers.

Note that the version Prestige is selling has the low beat 7750, and not the high beat version other dealers are offering. Major difference in my book.

I realize it's just personal opinion, but I always found the King version utterly hideous. What is with the fake H-scews on the bezel? It looks like it was designed by Invicta. :)

Not only that, it has a horrible looking crown, don't buy this inaccurate watch!

I have not fallen in love with many of the HBB's but I was in Geneva today and saw the Black Magic and love it. Timeshop has a version that they are claiming is the ultimate V3 and it looks very similar. What do you think of the product, price and dealer? http://www.timeshops.net/Ultimate_V3_BIG_B...PH_1900-444.htm

Very tempted by one of these.

Rob

Rob, this is not a black magic

This is an All Black

And it is not accurate, BTW

• 1 month later...

Can anybody comment on the accuracy of this Hublot BB model? The Big Bang Platinum Mat?

http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?mar...10&vote=yes

I am looking for a HBB with a white face, and this is one of the few ones that have it. Accuracy weighs heavy on my mind with this one, as well as the fear that the so-called 'Platinum' is just a big giveaway for it being a rep. Along the same lines, I've stayed away from any rep that has 'gold' on it.

I've searched the site and haven't found anybody that has bought and reviewed it so far. Hope you all can help,

Thanks,

:notworthy:

• 1 month later...
I own 5 HBB reps, and I completely agree with detahoe's suggestion of dealer, as well as the exact two models he points out. It is generally accepted that Angus is the best dealer for an HBB.

The two models linked both have the HIGH BEAT 7750 (don't even THINK about getting an HBB with the low beat 7750 if you expect it to tell time), both have ceramic bezels, and you can get AR added for another 20 bucks (worth every penny).

I would also consider Hont as a dealer. He can get just about anything out there for the best price, but I'm not sure if he can add single AR to a Lite HBB for 20 bucks like Angus can.

Has anyone used Angus' add-on AR service? Is it Double AR? If so, how is the quality?

One final option is WatchEden. If you're willing to live with an HBB with a quartz movement, WatchEden has very, very nice looking reps starting at just $108 SHIPPED.

What cheap quartz Hublot would you recommend for its accuracy?

Edited by docdoc

What cheap quartz Hublot would you recommend for its accuracy?

None of the quartz models are truliy accurate due to the subdial locations. However, all of them are accurate outside the dial area. My favorite is the Senna model, which looks absolutely amazing. It's actually about $158, but it has a real sapphire crystal. The dial is also grey like the "All Black." It's almost impossible for someone to see the details on that dial with the watch on your wrist. Contact WatchEden and ask them for links to all of their HBB models (they don't list them on the site).

I had an Ice Bang done with his AR service. It's indeed single, doesn't look as good as double AR but still ok, for the price.

I actually decided to splurge for his "heavy" SS./ ceramic model.

Good AR makes all the difference. Now for the hard part- The WAITING!

• 2 months later...

Seeing as we are collecting BB thoughts on this thread, and the Black Magic has come up....

There seem to be versions of the Black Magic with the rubber strap and one with a bracelet. There are disparities in pricing, and I'm guessing that they may be from different factories... in which case can the straps work in both and (I can't believe I'm saying this) which is the best version?

On another note... can the lower beat Asian 7750 movement still be interchanged with an ETA 7750? If so, I would (personally) find the lower beat version to be more attractive. The early iterations had the same hand sizes so the rep hands could be used on the ETA 7750. I wonder why they changed hand sizes with the upgraded Asian 7750 copy?

Hi,

I was reading this topic and am deciding about a HBB.

My budget is running about US$ 400,00.

I`m looking for something with SS case and Ceramic Bezel, and thinking about this ones:

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=1385

http://www.hubbang.com/HB7801_-_Big_Bang_B...0_310008-70.htm

Which one you think is more accurate?

Thanks a lot,

Max