When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone else bidding on this item.. ebay?

lanikai

Howzit !!

I am currently bidding on an Item on the bay.. a Rolex Exp. II white dial .. I am asking if anyone from "Our" forum is involved in this item .. if so we need not be bidding against one another.. I would be happy to step down or if the party would acquiesce, either way.. B)

the bidding is ending in about 6 hours

I would rather have not posted this concern.. but I really don't want to up the price if it's another member bidding also..

thanks in advance

L

Nope not i, good luck on it lanikai!

Howzit !!

I am currently bidding on an Item on the bay.. a Rolex Exp. II white dial .. I am asking if anyone from "Our" forum is involved in this item .. if so we need not be bidding against one another.. I would be happy to step down or if the party would acquiesce, either way.. B)

the bidding is ending in about 6 hours

I would rather have not posted this concern.. but I really don't want to up the price if it's another member bidding also..

thanks in advance

L

Well, after all these years of denying myself a Rolex,.. for what ever reason.. it seems that the Universe deemed it proper for me to have one :D

This community means a lot to me as it does to everyone here,.. and I would not have been able to wear it with good karma knowing I bid against another member wearing the "Colours" of RWG ..

So in the style of RWG"s.. "Ohana" (Family) .. I told myself if it was meant to be then it would.... "BE" .... because I bid once and once only .. and I let it go at that..I came home and as soon as I turned on my DT.. my Blackberry sounded an incoming mail.. congratulating me on winning the item.. :huh: I was stunned to say the least.. needless to say it was at the price of not too many reps.

and if karma is karma.. then karma = RWG and it's members .. for if I were not here.. I would not be in this happy (and very surprised) ending to the bidding.. (time continuum and all that :rolleyes: )

So, thank you for the kind words of support.. and I'm sure you all convinced the Universe to let it ... "BE" ... with your kind thoughts

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

What's this - Lanikai buying a - ahem...cough...cough...sputter...GEN?

And we were just talking about that on the phone that you might be starting to think that you were ready to get a gen Rollie. Of course you could always have afforded to buy one (or a fleet of them probably) so it was never about the money, but like most of us here you were just so enamoured with being able to aquire so many reps and experience so many different designs with a constant flow that you never saw the need until now. I'm happy for you brother.

It will be interesting to see if you end up being one that the fine details of the gens really speak to you and hit a feeling that reps can't quite do as I have discovered over the years, or if you will be more like Bytor and not really see a whole lot of difference that justifies the expense. We are all a little different in that respect for sure.

Now for a couple questions:

1. Did you choose that watch since you felt the price and auction was right and/or is that particular Rolex a grail watch for you and/or always has been?

2. Also wondering what your critera would be in choosing a gen collection as opposed to the rep criteria which is undoubtedly looser as it is for most of us. In other words, if you were to contemplate getting a handful of gens even in the future, do you have a good idea what they would be already?

3. ...and would you choose them based on experiences with growing to love them as a rep first - or not and just buy gens there were no good reps of?

I think I speak for all in asking this stuff as we would all love to know. Plus we never really finished that phone conversation because you told me I had to shut up so you could go back to work... :D

What's this - Lanikai buying a - ahem...cough...cough...sputter...GEN?

Now for a couple questions:

1. Did you choose that watch since you felt the price and auction was right and/or is that particular Rolex a grail watch for you and/or always has been?

2. Also wondering what your critera would be in choosing a gen collection as opposed to the rep criteria which is undoubtedly looser as it is for most of us. In other words, if you were to contemplate getting a handful of gens even in the future, do you have a good idea what they would be already?

3. ...and would you choose them based on experiences with growing to love them as a rep first - or not and just buy gens there were no good reps of?

I think I speak for all in asking this stuff as we would all love to know. Plus we never really finished that phone conversation because you told me I had to shut up so you could go back to work... :D

Mahalo Robbie !! I kinda shortened your post for ma reply... la dat !!

1. I had actually planned to obtain this piece during the Holiday's but something held me back.. jus didn't feel .. "right" .. not about the $$ .. more the karma .. Xmas is a time for giving and rejoicing (IMO) so I forgotaboutit.. I hadn't been on the bay for awhile.. something just told me a couple of day's ago to take a peak.. I saw a whole bunch of Expl. II's .. this one just lite up .. so I call my sister inlaw in BH Cali.. and ask her to check up on this jeweler/pawn shop.. cause if it's a pawn shop in LA.. it's gotta be on the up and up with it's record keeping.. in other words not "Hot"

This time it felt all "good".. I just felt a "calm" about it.. and told ma self.. that if it was meant to be .. then it would happen .. so I didn't have to try and "control" it..

and since the subs are getting better and better (WM9) and ever since seeing a friend with one of the white dials years ago.. well.. figure it out.. also for the price and versitility..

2. No I don't have a"plan" for buying any genuines .. if the deal is right .. who knows .. it's still a timepiece .. it doesn't mean anymore or less to me than the Ziggifed beauties I have.. I still treasure them as much..

3. This purchase just seemed to happen.. as I don't think a deal that "was meant to be" .. will happen again like this .. I am savouring the karma of how it happened more than the actual piece itself.. if you can understand what I mean..

It's the experience of RWG coupled with what transpired that I will remember.. the Rolex is after all still "material" .. and "life experiences" is what makes our time on this earth meaningful..

Still .. with that said .. it's great to finally have "1" ... :lol:

Well, congrats on the superb acquisition lani... :)

Thank you very much CF !!

cableguy Posted Today, 03:48 PM

is this the exp II that went for 2550?

congrats either way brah

that was the bid jus before mine

thank you CG !!

smc Posted Today, 05:02 PM

NICE!

PICS Pls!

I should be recieving it this week.. you seen one you seen um all !! B)

thank you smc !

How do you pay for something this expensive? WU... wire transfer? Can PayPal even handle such a fund transfer??

PP is more secure than using a CC..(CC info is given out with payment if you choose that route) WU would carry a surcharge.. PP membership is the most secure payment for this trans .

Lani,

Congrats on the new Gen!! Can't wait to see pictures :thumbsupsmileyanim:

How do you pay for something this expensive? WU... wire transfer? Can PayPal even handle such a fund transfer??

I've sent a LOT via PayPal...I'm pretty sure there's a $2,500 limit unless you're considered a "Business" customer and even then I think you need to provide documentation... Most I've ever sent was 5 installments each @ the limit...

Anything else I either wire transfer or send via American Express directly...

Lani,

Congrats on the new Gen!! Can't wait to see pictures :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've sent a LOT via PayPal...I'm pretty sure there's a $2,500 limit unless you're considered a "Business" customer and even then I think you need to provide documentation... Most I've ever sent was 5 installments each @ the limit...

Anything else I either wire transfer or send via American Express directly...

they have special accounts .. I sent one payment.. it's not as much as the other genuine subs on the bay .. I don';t know about funds exceeding 5 or 10k

cableguy Posted Today, 06:09 PM

Speaking of cold....it was 52 degrees when i went out to my car at 7am this morning.

Is it here yet Lani? haha

ma bad.. it was colder than I thought then.. I thought it may have been that I've been dieting down .. dang it was cold (for us anyway)

the store in LA .. won't even open until tomorrow.. so I beta stop it already.. B) .. NOT... around Wednesday or Thursday probably.. :)

me too. if it's the auction i'm looking at (low feedback and only one bad picture), i would have been skeptical. hopefully you did a little back and forth with the seller first. keep us posted!

Actually this seller has 5 star ratings, on all subjects(72 listings).. mostly high end jewelry.... 135-Positive, 2 negative .. there were pics of the box papers, and all angles of the timepiece, with full bracelet legnth,... been around since 1999, so we shall see.. he responded as soon as his store opened that he will attempt to have UPS pick the parcel up today, However It's MLK day, so at the latest it will be shipped tomorrow.

I had my sister inlaw check out the store before hand .. this is my first purchase of this kind on ebay.. and I did ask a veteran member for direction.. and we were on the same page so I feel safe.. btw.. thank you J ... B)

Actually this seller has 5 star ratings, on all subjects(72 listings).. mostly high end jewelry.... 135-Positive, 2 negative .. there were pics of the box papers, and all angles of the timepiece, with full bracelet legnth,... been around since 1999, so we shall see.. he responded as soon as his store opened that he will attempt to have UPS pick the parcel up today, However It's MLK day, so at the latest it will be shipped tomorrow.

I had my sister inlaw check out the store before hand .. this is my first purchase of this kind on ebay.. and I did ask a veteran member for direction.. and we were on the same page so I feel safe.. btw.. thank you J ... B)

i figured i must have been looking at the wrong auction. congratulations and we all look forward to the wrist shots. by the way ... did you ever get your big pilot 5004? i'd love to see some pics if you've taken any ... feel free to pm me. but please, and i repeat please, do not take pictures on my account if you haven't already. all the best from one island to another!