When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

the Supreme Reign of the White Anglo Protestant is over in the US

fotoman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

Martin Lurther King Jr. ~

Very apropos to this Historic day ... When "President Obama" ... takes office, I really did not think I would see this happen in my life time ..

My Brother knew "Barry" .. as he was called.. they were classmates at Punahou ... where every culture and race blended into one.. "locals" such is the melting pot of Hawaii..

I feel blessed to have been born and raised not knowing or being taught discrimination toward any race .. my first taste of discrimination was when I went away to College .. it was shocking to say the least,.. having been raised not knowing it in any way shape or form.

I pray that our Secret Service is prepared for what lies ahead,... there is much hate and prejudice alive and well in the world ..

It alway's comes down to a lack of understanding .... we fear the most what we do not understand .. and fear is what drives people to discriminate .. (from the latin crimin or criminal)

Hopefully someday all men can look at one another and see not skin tone nor religion nor culture but values and character .. when that day comes we will all be free .. then and only then will "FREEDOM RING" .... as MLK said in his famous speech

there is a "Sifu" in Hawaii who came from China... the Monestary of the Shaolin ... he was brought here by his Sifu ... traditionally the Shaolin art was to be kept to bloodline Chinese only.. But this man had a vision... to have every ethnic race marching down China Town dancing the Lion and Dragon ..

His Partner and life long friend left the school they had founded .. the only Shaolin art taught outside of China .. but this man kept solid in his belief that all men are equal...

and the day came when "WE" from that School marched the legnth of China Town and Waikiki with the Lion .. together as one! not different races but one team.. one school.. one Society~

All it takes is "Understanding"

Alo-ha

Lani

Edit add: .. I would like to share this... I was mentored for a few years by a man that spent half his life in the Federal Penn. and was supposed to leave there in a wooden box ... he was hired for his skill at ending lives .. he asked if it was alright to work with me .. I had much anger...

the one thing he passed on (among many life lessons) ..was this..

Love .. GENUINE care and understanding of another Human Being ... PERIOD .... .. that's all ... there is .. to Loving thy neighbor

Who cares Aaron?

Yea, seriously. Give me a purple president if he or she is THE most qualified to lead.... And here we have Obama unable to even recite the oath of office coherently without a teleprompter. Just sayin' ;)

The only people I've ever know that thought a black man couldn't be president were Black...

And it seemed the only people making race an issue in this election are/were the Obama campaign officials and/or supporters.

Yea, seriously. Give me a purple president if he or she is THE most qualified to lead.... And here we have Obama unable to even recite the oath of office coherently without a teleprompter. Just sayin' ;)

And it seemed the only people making race an issue in this election are/were the Obama campaign officials and/or supporters.

Yeah, I can't believe he flubbed his lines swearing in. I know he is under a lot of pressure and all but come on! Listen and repeat!

umm...really?? Somebody made a mistake and it was not Obama ;)

Personally, I was saddened that today overshadowed yesterday no matter how apropos the two events are linked. Every year on the old RWG I posted the Dream Speech. In four years it only got one response. From 'Klink'. I'm pretty sure he was with me though. Pretty sure.

Yesterday I was going to 'cut-and-paste' Dr. King once again. But declined hoping someone else would here. Unless I missed the post, and if I have I apologize. I suppose everyone was out doing errands. Buying chips and frosty beverages for today's "Marriage of Charles and Lady Di" CNN coverage.

So great, Kelly Clarkson won "American Idol". Oh yea.

God Speed President Obama. I'm with you 110%. Awe h*ll, make it 115%. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Demsey

All together now!

Kumbaya m'Lord, kumbaya... :band1:

@Dems - I hear ya. It's supposed to be about the content of one's character. Period. Why Obama's heritage or nationality or percentage of "blackness" or religion or gender has anything to do with this escapes me.

As does the inclusion of the word "Supreme" in the title of this topic.

... where every culture and race blended into one.. "locals" such is the melting pot of Hawaii..

I feel blessed to have been born and raised not knowing or being taught discrimination toward any race .. my first taste of discrimination was when I went away to College .. it was shocking to say the least,.. having been raised not knowing it in any way shape or form.

If the rest of our country were raised this way this country would be a much better place to live.

In this day and age it is not racism so to speak it is reverse racism where the ones keeping it alive, provocating it, and adding to it are the very ones who are supposedly being discriminated against.

I am from New Orleans my parents taught me to judge a person on their character vs. skin color, looks, wealth, ect. While Obama may be the POTUS anyone who can honestly say he won this election based on his character and or accomplishments is an outright liar. The American people have become a society where the media and celebrities influence their thoughts and opinions more than their own common sense.

All I can pray for is that Barry steps up his game; there is no voting "Present" in the Oval Office.

Amongst the angry young left-coast set; it's suddenly acceptable to be pro-USA. Wonder how long that will last.

It doesn't matter to me what color the dude (or chick) in charge is, but hopefully we are one step closer to it not mattering to most people. Racism is incredibly boring.

Well said doc!!

I think it is still a great day for the world at large, not just the US. It's just a huge shame that it has to be thought of in such a way! Oh to be brought up in the way Lani experienced life. The world would be a far better and less blown to rubble place to live! Will this huge mile stone in history be anything other than a fleeting after thought in Gaza? I doubt it and thats an even sadder affair!

Agreed...