When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

the Supreme Reign of the White Anglo Protestant is over in the US

fotoman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't get into the political crap anymore on the forums.

I will just simply say, just about everyone that commented was wrong and i highly recommend that right wingers start listening to something other than Fox news and Rush limbaugh, you may wake up to realize your not living in the same america as the rest of us.

if you didn't think a black person would have any issues becoming president, you don't understand the nature of the mindset of the US.

all of what i say is independently verifiable 1. read polling related to obama, does not match rhetoric of the right. 2. read the reactions to those who have been around and have tremendous perspective and you will understand the significance of a black president.

Corgi man, you aren't even on planet earth with your views - he didn't get elected cause he was a celebrity - -although he is a celebrity because he got elected. You will be amazed to find out, that he is nothing like the character that the right have concocted.

in 2004, the country was with bush, many liberals couldn't understand, the country is now with obama, many conservatives just won't understand.

no matter what and no matter where you are in the world, you all need him to succeed - or were all in deep [censored]

How convenient for you to start this thread with a post that is almost useless and then call everyone wrong for responding.

This argument is what you should have started with, now you just started addressing the issues. You should have lead with this type of post instead of the racist drivel you started with. Also, you can't get much more conservative than a morman!

You are right, we need him to succeed. We need him working on the issues, not the race card. The US would be a much better place if we worried about the issues instead of the color.

By the way, I voted for him.

While this will be my last post in this thread, having tried unsuccessfully to refrain from posting in the first place, I will simply say that Corgi is absolutely correct at least in his characterization (not necessarily in his prediction). For the political junkies such as myself, who followed this one very closely, what happened on November 4, 2008 was nothing short of a pop cultural coup d'

Notice no where in the equation was his acctual ability, accomplishments, or proof there of that he is capable of the power we have given him

Well the main problem here is that it is your equation and not based on fact.

I said way back when all this was just kicking off before he took on McCain, before the Obama/Clinton tussle even before Barack threw his hat into the ring that Obama was the man.

He had the right mind set, the right idealism and the Charisma to take America by storm, I actually felt he had a lot in common with JFK, maybe not the same politic's but in the ability to steer the American dream/s

ken

Putting aside color, religion or gender involved in politics over the past year, one thing was clear: We the people just succeded in installing the Therapist of all therapists. I believe the USA is in the midst of one massive grieving process, socially, politically and economically. No matter who you are as a citizen, parent, worker...something of yours has been damaged in one of those categories. He is helping us admit our faults and deficiencies...and it feels good. The remainder of the 12 step program will become increasingly more difficult, however, because it goes beyond speeches, slogans and group therapy rallies. And the more progress made, the more painful the inevitable setbacks will become. Do we have the constitution (pun intended) to really right this ship? Obama's carrot is hanging on a terribly long stick. I fear that Today is the day that Yes We Can becomes Yes Me Can. You ask yourself, could something so ironic occur out of this administration? It dawned on me this morning that the surge of greed has now gone beyond Wall St. to Main St. The million people in the Mall were no doubt there to celebrate, but dont think that they dont want SOMETHING, even if punitive damages related to their dented American psyche. With trillions of dollars on the ready to be disbursed out of a congressional firehose, do you really think the patient (instant gratification junkies we are) will wait around on the couch for that carrot with the good Doctor, or just go buy 'theirs' with the free money. I would be licking my chops today if I were a lobbyist.

Thoughts running through my head as I watched the ceremony on Bloomberg this morning...

why don't we stick to watches. Clearly all the Obama supporters are ignorant. (not surprising) The president has very little power that is unchecked. So that means the democratic Congress is to blame, not Bush. Bush inherited a faulty economy/debt/etc. from Clinton. While I will agree Bush was not perfect, he certainly was not as bad as everyone would like to think. I actually can't wait for Obama to "show his stuff" because I think all of his supporters are in for a rude awakening. If I voted for a candidate solely based on race, as most of the country did, I would be ashamed. There were people who didn't know his running mate, what he stood for, etc. All they knew is that he was black. As for the non-US citizens on here, while you are entitled to your opinion, remember that you have a very jaded point of view and would be hard-pressed to show me an economy, health care system, etc. that is better than ours. But hey, I guess we're all just imperialists in the US that only care about ourselves. I'm so sick of hearing that, I like other countries/cultures

why don't we stick to watches. Clearly all the Obama supporters are ignorant. (not surprising) The president has very little power that is unchecked. So that means the democratic Congress is to blame, not Bush. Bush inherited a faulty economy/debt/etc. from Clinton. While I will agree Bush was not perfect, he certainly was not as bad as everyone would like to think. I actually can't wait for Obama to "show his stuff" because I think all of his supporters are in for a rude awakening. If I voted for a candidate solely based on race, as most of the country did, I would be ashamed. There were people who didn't know his running mate, what he stood for, etc. All they knew is that he was black. As for the non-US citizens on here, while you are entitled to your opinion, remember that you have a very jaded point of view and would be hard-pressed to show me an economy, health care system, etc. that is better than ours. But hey, I guess we're all just imperialists in the US that only care about ourselves. I'm so sick of hearing that, I like other countries/cultures

So all Obama supporters are ignorant? You remind me of Rush Limbaugh who this morning said "he hopes Obama fails". It's attitudes like yours that the majority of Americans are fed up with. Do you actually believe that the majority who voted for him did so because he was black? Wow!

...or as another of your heroe's, Sean Hannity say's "You're a great American".

Clearly all the Obama supporters are ignorant.

Yeah gee, this is a little over the top, wouldn't you say? It was like, on that last board, over there, when the Canadian guy posted "Americans, what have you done!" with reference to 43's second term. As if every American voted him in. Hmmmmm.

But you know, I can think of a lot of good reasons why Obama is a good choice, as well as some good reasons why I thought Hillary Clinton would make a good candidate, and I didn't support either, but those issues were usually overshadowed by a blanket; "They're not W.!" End of intellectual/political debate. Which I say is a shame because there are issues that could have been debated beyond "Hope" and "Change". Like, ummmm, "Law" or "Constitution" or "Union" or "Alternative Energy" or "Disenfranchized Natural Born Citizens" and "Disenfranchized Unnatural Born Citizens" and "Opportunity, not Hand Out for All", but "Bush Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad, Change Goooooooooooood" was the chant. Sigh.

The voter turn out was huge. Wasn't it the biggest in history? President Obama won by a safe, safe, margin. I still think the party would have prevailed even if Obama were a white man on the same platform considering the environment, but the margin would not have been as 'safe' if it weren't such a putsch to make "History"? Man, they came out of the wood work for this one. Two and a half million plus on the Mall today? Jeez.

Anyhoo, phooey! The die is cast. He's my President, like the last guy was my President. Anyone hoping for his failure is seditious as far as I'm concerned. We owe it to his office if not him outright to be pulling for him/us. The next four years are going to beat the man up with battleship chains. He's a good man and patriot. That is the minimum requirement. Enough for anyone to get behind him with the benfit of the doubt and see how it plays. If he pulls us out? Anyone who canvassed and/or voted him in can throw out his chest with the bragging rights. What kind of maniac would cut his own throat to deny the other guy his due? Nuts! And if he doesn't? It wouldn't be the first time an Administration left the country flat doing the best it could or knew how. Meh, it really is a crap shoot.

Who cares Aaron? The only people I've ever know that thought a black man couldn't be president were Black...

plus 1.

I agree why care if he is black or the people in power is woman or man?

I don't cause i aint a racist and the US is a mix country their is no true american besides the natives.

For me black or white in the US no diffrent both groups are immigrants.

I hope Obama makes history in a positive way.

Cheers

If Obama does nothing more than give the nation a boost of JFK-esque confidence, that is probably all we really need. Confidence.

Then stay out of the business sector's way.

Gee Dems,only a few weeks ago you posted that you were done with rep watch forums as the wife wanted more sex,and i find you here....that was quick.... :D

Obama has nothing to do with anything,Americans would have voted democrat in this election if the leader was Big bird or even..hmm...TTK.

Backlash against the republicans thats all,and it just so happend the Democrat nominee was black.