When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

the Supreme Reign of the White Anglo Protestant is over in the US

fotoman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee Dems,only a few weeks ago you posted that you were done with rep watch forums as the wife wanted more sex,and i find you here....that was quick.... :D

Dave? You made me come back into this thread. Only for you though Dave. Did the Mexican border guard let you out already? Nice!

Go back and read my post. I didn't say I was 'done' with the forums, to the contrary I was just largely stepping back 'blogging' them "Off-Topic" in a move to get reaquainted with my wife after 22 years of monogamy resulting in indifference manifested in me 'blogging' nights and opting out of my Poker game cross town, as she watched, yuk, the Women's Entertainment Channel, and , yes, I am in this thread, a shameful relapse, but I am averaging 1 post a day here 'watch' related, which is a big step in the right direction. RWG1.1 was a worm hole that I wasn't committed to like RWG1, I decided to back off. I hope it is doing well for all of you, and I wish it luck. It will be a challenge, like getting a cinder block to 'glide'. It has no more allure than those other fine fora; RWS, RG, RWI et al and I would like to keep it that way. This site I've come to find, is more like TRC than what RWG used to be. After four years registered TRC I think I had 400+ only posts. Benign. Besides, there was a lot of catching up to do here with members whom I haven't interacted with in four years. It's kinda a hoot. As it were. I missed them but didn't really realize it. Those years. And again, Doc posts here, you are here, Trailboss is here, what we don't seem to have though is 'Graman' (unfortunately) and marital aids pasted in the "Shoutbox" (fortunately).

Anyhoo, the wife didn't want more sex, I said we were going to make a concertive effort to 'reconnect' and that would probably translate to two weeks of more sex. But it turned out to be three. And didn't have to resort to one 'little blue pill'. So I have that going for me. Which is nice. Good to see you.

All the best.

Edited by Demsey

A LOT of side bashing going on here both ways and its disappointing. So if nothing else let the capitalists come out in all of you. Although my work is not tied to economic factors since my trading is based on neither bias nor speculation on postive outcomes, whoever is President is of little consequence to me in the way I make my living. But the way I spend the money I make is greatly affected by the health of my country and the greater health of the world. All the millions in the world do nothing for me if my money is worthless. To that end I'm pulling for whoever is President to be perceived as doing a great job.

I don't know how anyone could actually sit and hope that he should fail in order to prove whatever reason they think he didn't deserve to be elected. For whatever reason America is jazzed about him right now. It doesn't matter whether it is founded or unfounded, truth or untruth. It just is, and "is" in this case is the best possible situation given the current climate of fear. Markets have been selling off global largely because of fear. The only true anecdote for fear is hope ironically. Hope turns fear into optimism and optimism is the only thing at this point which is going to turn your ravaged portfolios into the black again. Black - hahaha. So let's not knock Obama.

On the other hand, Bush didn't cause the markets to sell off, nor did his policies, so lets quit bashing him too shall we? Myself and a few others here could give you the entire picture of what caused the exact recipe of fear and crisis that caused the current state of the financial markets if you like elsewhere. But he didn't create the overlevered OTC swaps and forwards - or mark them to market at purposefully overinflated or worse unknown values that unraveled the world debt markets - the banks did. So unless you have a conspiracy theory of how Bush is secretly the Chairman of the Board and/or Director of Trading for the top ten world banks I don't really want to hear it anymore. But even if you are one who believes that he sucks and is responsible for everything no matter what anyone says, here is a news flash for you - he isn't President anymore so what difference does it make?

So the smart man in this game cheers for whoever is winning. This isn't football. This is real and you want everyone to win, believe me. The fans buy the tickets and the tickets are revenue and revenue pays for the stadium. So go to the afterparty and have a drink. The beer is cold there...

America needs desperately to believe in some form of Goveernment that will give us HOPE .. I myself am enjoying the day that has brought change to our Country ..

I am filled with Pride to see Hawaii represented in the Presidential Parade .. and enlightened to see a First Family whose roots are not in the "Blue Bloods" of the rich and famous.. kids who act like any other families kids..

What ever happens in the History of the future I for one will remember this day vividly .. America just got a Morale boost .. for the first time in a long time !!

for me, today stands for HOPE ... what else is there to ask for in this day and age.. :D

Dave? You made me come back into this thread. Only for you though Dave. Did the Mexican border guard let you out already? Nice!

Go back and read my post. I didn't say I was 'done' with the forums, to the contrary I was just largely stepping back 'blogging' them "Off-Topic" in a move to get reaquainted with my wife after 22 years of monogamy resulting in indifference manifested in me 'blogging' nights and opting out of my Poker game cross town, as she watched, yuk, the Women's Entertainment Channel, and , yes, I am in this thread, a shameful relapse, but I am averaging 1 post a day here 'watch' related, which is a big step in the right direction. RWG1.1 was a worm hole that I wasn't committed to like RWG1, I decided to back off. I hope it is doing well for all of you, and I wish it luck. It will be a challenge, like getting a cinder block to 'glide'. It has no more allure than those other fine fora; RWS, RG, RWI et al and I would like to keep it that way. This site I've come to find, is more like TRC than what RWG used to be. After four years registered TRC I think I had 400+ only posts. Benign. Besides, there was a lot of catching up to do here with members whom I haven't interacted with in four years. It's kinda a hoot. As it were. I missed them but didn't really realize it. Those years. And again, Doc posts here, you are here, Trailboss is here, what we don't seem to have though is 'Graman' (unfortunately) and marital aids pasted in the "Shoutbox" (fortunately).

Anyhoo, the wife didn't want more sex, I said we were going to make a concertive effort to 'reconnect' and that would probably translate to two weeks of more sex. But it turned out to be three. And didn't have to resort to one 'little blue pill'. So I have that going for me. Which is nice. Good to see you.

All the best.

Dems, Glad to see you back. Hope your still aviating. Between that, RWG, and some occasional sex (more is better) you can have it all, and the forum gets the benefits of your inspired posts (well......... mostly inspired).

In any case, glad to see you hanging around. Good company.

...and in the end we find that we're really not all that different, after all. I'm glad everyone kept this civil today. Thank you.

And now for the one remaining question:

Who has the best sub? :bangin:

Indeed Robert,it is good to see Dems back on RWG,he mentions 'good luck with rwg1.1' or whatever,nothing to do with me,don't bother much with it,couldn't care less once RWG1 went offline,like him,so i don't understand that comment.

Nice to see he came 'home' now,he is RWG thru and thru,thats the reason he stuck it out at RWG1,i respect him for that and love his posts,he knows that. After over 20,000 rep forums posts for me,these forums wouldn't be the same for me without Dems,a great addition here...again.

Dems for the next republican candidate!....maybe they will stand a chance....who knows.... :mellow:

Keep doing your thing Dems,glad you are here....oh and by the way,congrats on your new Prez,i know how proud you are..... ;)

Hmmmm, I think that is a stretch. Unless you were raised in an enclave on another island other than Oahu. My fiancee` and I visited my brother, in the Marine Corps, Kaneohe, in '87. The usual tour, Waikiki, Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, Pali ladder, Paniolo Cafe for a rattlesnake burger, North Shore the usual. Then we made the mistake of visiting a waterfall on the North Side, wish I could be more specific, but it was 'local' and had a beautiful swimming pool beneath. We got looks, but were with the Marines. What could go wrong?

There was one local throwing a tennis ball to his Golden Retriever. The dog was smart. But not smart enough I guess. When he would miss a toss the owner would full frontal punch the dog in the chops. After about ten minutes of this my fiancee' had had about enough and called him out to stop. Without a second's hesitation the Hawaiian jumped into the pool, swam across and got up into my face as it was obvious who the girl was with. I remember a lot of derogatory remarks I didn't understand, then HOWLIE!, the sound of a light bulb breaking and I was out. I came around being dragged down the path by bloodied Marines.

So yeah, I dunno bra', this WASP sure as hell knows what it's like to be a "N" in Oahu. Then there was the time I was the "N" in Thailand. But that's another story. Maybe the Thais don't think racism exists in Thailand either. According to official position, neither does AIDS.

Anyhoo, I came away from both those experiences with a little better understanding for my Cuban friends. The kids are alright.

Cheers!

Hey Demsey,

I'm really sorry to hear you were treated like this. It just goes to show you that there are assholes all over the world. But don't think that just because one small group of Hawaiians treated you like this that they are all the same.

My brother lived in Hawaii for most of this decade. I have spent lots of time on the big island visiting him and I can tell you that some of the nicest, funniest and most gracious people I have met in my life were native Hawaiians that I met through my brother. I have been welcomed into their homes and shown many "locals only" spots on that island...And I'm as Howlie as Howlie comes.

I don't know if things have changed a lot in the last 15 years since you had your terrible experience, but my wife and I have felt so welcome there that we hope to make it our home someday.

Mike

Hey Demsey,

I'm really sorry to hear you were treated like this. It just goes to show you that there are assholes all over the world. But don't think that just because one small group of Hawaiians treated you like this that they are all the same.

My brother lived in Hawaii for most of this decade. I have spent lots of time on the big island visiting him and I can tell you that some of the nicest, funniest and most gracious people I have met in my life were native Hawaiians that I met through my brother. I have been welcomed into their homes and shown many "locals only" spots on that island...And I'm as Howlie as Howlie comes.

I don't know if things have changed a lot in the last 15 years since you had your terrible experience, but my wife and I have felt so welcome there that we hope to make it our home someday.

Mike

Oh absolutely Mike, totally! And I'm glad you posted this. I didn't mean to infer anything of the nature that the island chain and/or 'Hawaiians' are anything but what you describe. I would never pidgeon hole a race like that. It was what it was; an isolated incident. I wish I could say I made personal connections there as you did, and I did subsequently go back to Oahu and then Maui since, but I was just hanging with 'troop' doing the tourista` thing. It is a great place. I never got a hint of anything but being welcomed outside the events of that one day.

My comment just sort of fell out after a reply another member made, a Hawaiin, that 'racism' did not exist in any form in his young life experience, until he left to attend college, I presume, mainland? I read it as there exists a place on Earth where 'racism' actually doesn't exist (the descendants of Captain Cook may disagree :D ) I have no reason to doubt him, just when I read the post, my left hand immediately went up to the orbit of my left eye, and I/we begged to differ :lol:

It's all about perspectives..............you're probably aquainted with an Hawaiian comedian Frank De Lima?

Here's what he says on the matter;

"Those of us locals (hawaiian, haole, asian, etc.) have our prejudices but in the end we think of ourselves as family (ohana). We are like family, we fight (and have for generations) but will come to each others aid. We are all connected and know each other - through generations of marriage, friendships, living closely. We are home town people - our love for our land and our lifestyle runs very deep. We are not like you - there is no where else we could live - Hawaii is where our souls are at home. You are here for yourself, we are here for our past ancestors and our future great, great, great grandchildren.

Please try to understand us. Your lack of knowledge of true Hawaii is ruining the cultural uniqueness that took generations to build."

The Official Frank De Lima Website

I think that is a fair and telling statement that probably more than not sums up why I got the brunt that day. The situation was on a hair trigger that spanned generations. There are cultural boundries that should be respected as well as the geographical. We tread on both that day. When the trigger was pulled it was not about me, personally, the Hawaiian, the dog, or my girl. It was what Frank was stalking about. I do understand the "bitterness". Meh, it's just 'human'.

As I mentioned, I think, I have a lot of Latino friends, just by the benefit of my 'geography'; I live in Florida. I'm a WASP and I come and go through certain neighborhoods in South Florida and the Keys that would be combat zones to European tourists, you've heard the stories. I am known there. I have contacts there. That's the beauty of the 'thing'. You can be accepted. Understood as the 'minority'. It smacks of 'reverse racism' Mike, but you in Hawaii, and me in Kendall , we are two of the "good ones". :lol:

Tell you what though, the one thing that emblazoned itself on my mind, above all the obvious that day on Oahu were the fact the local didn't hesitate a nano second to hold me accountable for my girl's remarks. He never even acknowledged her. Wow. That's some cultural realism right there man. Purdy cool. Purdy cool.

Edited by Demsey

Phoband:

no matter what and no matter where you are in the world, you all need him to succeed - or were all in deep [censored]

I seriously doubt that truer words have ever been spake on these pages. If he fails (and I hope to God he doesn't) we are all in deep, deep doodoo.

Congrats to the US on your new POTUS. Along with most of the rest of the world I belive you have made the right choice for our new President. I say "our" because what POTUS does and the policys he sets influence the entire planet in ways the no other person can hope to. They don't call him the leader of the free world for nothing.

As Klink would say, time will tell.

Col.

Have you seen the new Cadillac Limo they built for him....Looks like a fortress

cadillaconetb0.jpg

With the US car industry bailout $$ recently thrown around.....one can only hope it was a freebie!

Maybe not...wouldn't be a good first step in office... to be taking backhanders :rolleyes:

(Maybe a good 2nd however ;) )

Offshore

Good thing I'm not political. But just to point out a few things.

Yea, seriously. Give me a purple president if he or she is THE most qualified to lead.... And here we have Obama unable to even recite the oath of office coherently without a teleprompter. Just sayin' ;)

You just made my day with that one. Even if it were incorrrectly recited he still would have used the correct words because he would have oh...read the oath before like oh, I did when I was in high school.

This is really not good for America mark my words... he won precisely because he was a celebrity..

+1. He was elected BECAUSE of his race not in spite of it.

Part A: A voter base that thought he was going to tap Bill Gates' bank account and send them a check

He will give them a check. He will just have to borrow more money to do it. Maybe he'll borrow it from the banks or the mortgage companies. The government will nationalize them soon.

I'm prayin' that he's successful...

EXTREMELY successful...

TT

So am I. Seriously, you have no idea how much I am praying that he is.