When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

just got the 42mm PO black bezel and really like it...

tmeister

I also bought the orange dial PO 42mm awhile ago. This one keeps time fine but sometimes the date mechanism to crown time setting seems not to catch....once it does, the time is fine.

The new addition Black bezel version (both chinese movements) looks and feels great! My friend in HKong got it for me and met me in Osaka giving it to me. He is quite knowledgeable on these and chose the sapphire version 42mm for my 6.5 inch wrist. The SS bracelet I had ordered from him, however, had a link problem so he will return the bracelet for fixing.

I have no idea as to what generation it is. Seems the UPO 45mm is the only ULTIMATE

dial2-1.jpg

My orange bezel version...bought the orange strap for it but too bright....so Installed Maratac MILSPECS on both models....

V8VantageN4000SUSorangechronoandOme.jpg

Nice pictures, I like the PO on the NATO!

[/quote

Thanks, the POs are quite flexible with various straps IMO....the tan nylon 2 ring one in the Aston Martin photo was lying around and installed it...looked good.....The black Milspecs are my favorite.

Can't wait for the SS bracelet to return from HKong fixed and see how it wears...

The asian versions are still available, but the cases are different that the swiss version. One major different is the HE vavle - on the asian its directly above the 10 (incorrect) whereas the swiss, its off the 10 (correct0.

The asian versions are still available, but the cases are different that the swiss version. One major different is the HE vavle - on the asian its directly above the 10 (incorrect) whereas the swiss, its off the 10 (correct0.

Thanks for all the kind comments...and after checking the official PO site you are correct, the HE valve on the original is off the 10 marker.

As for the HE valve, no, it is not too big at all...it does not stick into the arm in any way.

I'm a newbie here and know zilch about all differences between the Chinese and Euro editions. But I trust my Canadian friend based in HKONG to have sourced a good one for me. Good meaning better grade of Chinese movement with Sapphire Xtal.

I'll take more detailed shots of the caseback, HE valve etc in the morning for the forum.

So far wearing it since Saturday - and today is Monday nite - the time is right on! As a replica with the Chinese and not ETA movement at my price of $75.00, I have no complaints whatsoever. The lume is great! (amazingly haha) and the black bezel version's bezel sounds more solid when turned than the orange bezel version.

2 to 3 years ago, my friend in Spain ordered the PO replica and examined it, amazing him for its build quality (he paid in the $200 range at that time) He told me the case was the same as the Euro models except for the ETA movt. which were priced over $500 then.

He recently said that he has relumed many PO replicas for his Euro clients....which I gather he meant he relumed the hourly markers since on the Asian versions only the hands are lumed.

In all, I am extremely happy to wear this recent version 42.5mm PO! Thanks for reading!!!

This PO is the 3rd generation 42mm and can be found easilly,the Ultimate 42mm 4th generation is out off production.So guys if you are looking for a 42mm you can go for the 3rd gen,but you will have to live with all the mazor flaws,no AR small date font and the bezel looking off the 45 model.

This PO is the 3rd generation 42mm and can be found easilly,the Ultimate 42mm 4th generation is out off production.So guys if you are looking for a 42mm you can go for the 3rd gen,but you will have to live with all the mazor flaws,no AR small date font and the bezel looking off the 45 model.

Thanks for the heads up on the end of production of the UPO 42mm version. Mine does have the AR crystal and can be easily noticed by the blue tint.....

Here are photos of it just taken this morning....

Would you be so kind as to enumerate the aspects of the 4th UPO 42mm for me? so I can decide what mine is?

frontdialreflectedlight.jpg

caseback3.jpg

dialonly.jpg

This is most likely the 3rd generation Asian movement. If I recall correctly, the repmakers didn't do 4th generation with Asian movement (still 2824 based). The third generation already comes with curved bracelet but so many flaws.

Wo-mart/Paul 5th generation is just BS. It's the third generation version.

I didn't know that the 4th generation has been discontinued. Here is for your reference:

P1273116.jpg

P1273124.jpg

P1273176.jpg

P1273187.jpg

P1273194.jpg

P1273209.jpg

P1273213.jpg

This is most likely the 3rd generation Asian movement. If I recall correctly, the repmakers didn't do 4th generation with Asian movement (still 2824 based). The third generation already comes with curved bracelet but so many flaws.

Wo-mart/Paul 5th generation is just BS. It's the third generation version.

I didn't know that the 4th generation has been discontinued. Here is for your reference:

P1273213.jpg

Wow...gen dial...Nice one Taka!