When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Rolex Submariner WM9 v2

By-Tor

Good question BT. If it's a Sea-Gull (the name is hyphonated BTW) it's a mystery to me. AFIK the only ladies size MVT they make is the 8 3/4L (19.8mm)

ST6D1 (and it's hand wind and skel variations) which is no ETA clone by a long shot. Answers anyone?

Col.

Yeah, I found out that it's gen ETA.

This is what BK says about it:

Yes, these come with 2678-2. 2678-2 is indeed a smaller movement used in ladies' watches. It's in no way an inferior movement. It has the same beat rate and power reserve. The plus is there's no chance for it to be a fake ETA 'cause none exists for 2678-2. wm9 will ensure the overall weight of the watch is as close to gen's by use of a proper weighted movement ring, no less than other versions with 2836-2. I'm also hoping 2678-2 has better, more even datewheel because I have seen enough 2836-2's that don't have every date square in the date window.

bk has new crowns coming, in 30 days or so.

Here's a comparison of the crowns: genuine vs. current (oversized) WM9 crown.

We're not talking about huge margins here, but it's still noticeable (somewhat).

64303630me6.jpg

It's the "hat" part that's taller on the rep.

Oh, sir By Tor, you dont have answered to my question. :o

No problem, but I really desire a your valutation BKWM9 vs EURO V4 because you are very expert, and your conseil is very importanto for me, because I desire a good value for money for my rep buyments :excl:

Is this not possible ? Ok. But a your conseil for me is very important. :) Thanks

Oh, sir By Tor, you dont have answered to my question. :o

No problem, but I really desire a your valutation BKWM9 vs EURO V4 because you are very expert, and your conseil is very importanto for me, because I desire a good value for money for my rep buyments :excl:

Is this not possible ? Ok. But a your conseil for me is very important. :) Thanks

WM9 Sub v2 and WM9 YM the best ever otb Rolex replicas, and superior to anything else in the market. I thought I made that pretty clear in my article. :)

WM9 Sub v2 and WM9 YM the best ever otb Rolex replicas, and superior to anything else in the market. I thought I made that pretty clear in my article. :)

Yes, sir, it is pretty clear. I have understood when I have seen this post.

But my question is : is the difference terrific or not ?

For example, if BKWM9 has a valutation of 10, what is in your opinion , the valutation of the Euro v4 ?

If valutation is << 9 >> I buy Euro, because whit asian has a good price. If valutation is << 7,5 >> I buy BKWM because difference in quality is great.

Dear sir, thanks for your courtesy and for your answer, I think that is a very haelp for not-superExpert collectors

Yes, sir, it is pretty clear. I have understood when I have seen this post.

But my question is : is the difference terrific or not ?

For example, if BKWM9 has a valutation of 10, what is in your opinion , the valutation of the Euro v4 ?

If valutation is << 9 >> I buy Euro, because whit asian has a good price. If valutation is << 7,5 >> I buy BKWM because difference in quality is great.

The differences between these good Sub reps are actually minimal... and only matter to the HC guys.

Euromariners are very good... I'm not that familiar with the newest updates but even the older versions were excellent. I say go for it. With Asian movement Euromariner is very good value for money. 8 or 9 out 10 definitely.

Thanks Kruzer. :)

Yeah, I'm quite amazed how well the good old Sub (finally) got replicated. I mean, it has been the most requested watch since the day one. I believe the Chinese will have a hard time selling their inferior wokky POS Submariners to our membership now. Very simple watch, yet they never made it even remotely correct. It was always a mystery to me... why? It took an "outsider" (WM9) to finally answer the bell.

About the bracelet, still: I wonder how many members have attempted this: Besides oiling the bracelets, I always polish them with Turtle Wax and it immediately creates this silky and smooth "feel" on the surface. Give it a try, it really makes a difference.

The differences between these good Sub reps are actually minimal... and only matter to the HC guys.

Euromariners are very good... I'm not that familiar with the newest updates but even the older versions were excellent. I say go for it. With Asian movement Euromariner is very good value for money. 8 or 9 out 10 definitely.

Thanks, very intresting answer and an help for me

allow me to address ThomasGirgenti's question on euromariner vs wm9 v2. I might seem impartial. You don't have to believe me. But I was in the same journey as most of you. I have considered carrying MBK (=Euromariner) too. MBK/Euromariner has several things going against it in a big way:

- insert cannot go in recessed in the bezel. This is an important Rolex signature look. You have to mod the retaining ring (shave the top of it) to get the insert to look properly. I modded 4 or 5 of them myself. I have seen other members with this issue. It could be isolated incidents but why risk it? wm9 v2 sub on the other hand has the recessed look built it. I press the insert in with a crystal press. Bingo, recessed insert look. That is big to me.

- MBK/Euromariner often comes with the wrong crystal. It's actually very ridiculous for the MBK factory to try to use up their own crystals. They dare to put in the bottom crystal in the watches, not the middle one. This means you have to buy a replacement crystal. I know Chris is supposed to put Clark crystal in the Euromariner v4. But if you got a MBK (same watch but not sold by Chris), you run the risk of getting the wrong crystal.

crystal_const.jpg

- datewheel overlay. Noob dw overlay used on the Euromariner is really an outdated and wrong dw overlay. Wrong font, size too large, wrong alignment, e.g. 21, 31 not centered but left-aligned instead. wm9 v2 has a really good 1:1 dw overlay. That is just sweet.

- dial. Noob dial on the Euromariner is not correct for M and Z serial. In fact, wm9's dial is perfect for M and Z serial. How the m and the text are tighter on the wm9 v2 dial is exactly how M and Z should be. So is the Rolex coronet. No sans serif style on the minute markers on the wm9 v2 dial is also correct. Most importantly the date window on the wm9 v2 dial has the correct shape and size, unlike the noob dial's dw which isn't elongated enough and big enough. With the noob dw overlay's larger font, you often have the dates hitting the dw frame.

- even date wheel on the 2678-2 for the wm9 v2 sub. This just blows away the competition. I have assembled about 30 wm9 v2 subs. Every 2678-2 has good, even date wheels. This is exactly what I wished for. The 2678-2 beats the 2836-2 in this department, so far. I really have fun getting the dates looking better ever than with the noob rollies.

- and don't forget the superlume on the wm9 v2 sub.

The advantages easily justify the extra cost. But maybe I am biased. LOL.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So when is the date for preorder of this new wm9 V2 upgrade taking place?

About the bracelet, still: I wonder how many members have attempted this: Besides oiling the bracelets, I always polish them with Turtle Wax and it immediately creates this silky and smooth "feel" on the surface. Give it a try, it really makes a difference.

Sounds like a super advice. Any particular Turtle Wax you use? - seems there are 10 different kinds.

Edited by The Champ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How can the SELs be improved? [i have noticed that there is a 'very small' but noticeable gap on the sides of the bracelet where it joins the watch head.]

...... which (along with SELs that are only 95% correct) remain pretty much the only remaining flaws on the v2 ..........

Thanks, all. Glad you liked the article.

where can i get this rep?

where did you get it from.

If you folks actually read the review, you'd know too. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I've just received this watch. :drinks:

Beside the fact I really hate the cyclop (so I won't keep the watch very long, I'll probably sell it for the WM9 SD), I have to admit this is the closest rep I've even worn, and even my frankenwatches always had biggest tells (the too short hands on my Ingenieur, the pearl of my PO or the dial of my Pam111).

This one is, as By-Tor showed, near perfection.

The luminova is the best improvement to me, as it is exactly like the gen' (which is to me not as bright as what I've seen on Omega watches for instance).

I've got two questions :

First one concerns the click of the bezel : I've aleady tried a gen 14060, but I did not had my WM9 V2 to compare : does the WM9 V2 bezel sounds like the gen click ?

And can we change the crown for a gen one easely ?

• 3 months later...

VERY NICE...Do you have any idea where they originate from? Just wondering because I visit Shenzhen China quite often (I'm in Hong Kong) and I'm wondering what my chances may be of finding one over there. There's quite a selection over there, and I'd love to get my hands on one of those :)