When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of my Speedmaster date

Lifting

This was my first entrance into the world of reps, so i really didnt know what to expect. I have read many good and bad things, so when I ordered my first one I reserved judgement until it arrived. It has now arrived, and I am very pleased, but remain cautious to see how it stands the test of time. Any way here it is.

464481764_5rdDw-L.jpg

Overall I really like the watch, and having seen one in an AD first I had an idea of what it should be like. I have to say as a copy, it seems to me to be extremely good in appearance. There are a couple of small tells, but nothing that really screams. The missing "dot" between 500 and 400 is the most obvious to someone looking. The dial is very good with good AR coating, as seen here.

464483716_jR3HD-L.jpg

Overall I cant find any real howlers here either. The dial spacing seems about right. The spacing between the writing isnt quite right, with the Omega being a little too close to the "speedmaster", but again you have to look very close to spot that, and you need a gen next to it.

The watch has the A7750, which so far is keeping good time, at about +5s a day. Pushers and chrono work as expected. Everything centres on reset, and the sweeping second is generally smooth. The second hand timer can be a little jerky, but I think that is a feature sometimes with the 7750.

On the wrist the watch is very comfortable with the bracelet being excellent. A little blingy for my taste so I fitted a NATO, which I really like. Very comfortable and hides the one thing I dont like - more in a second!

464481220_cQ2zd-L.jpg

So when I turn the watch over, all looks fine, with the Seahorse and correct engraving etc. It actually looks pretty good as well. Not comparing this directly, but only from memory to the gen, I cant really comment on the accuracy, but it looks good.

464482771_tM54y-L.jpg

Here it is then - the only real fault. It is barely noticeable on the pic, but the caseback is chrome plated, and it has a little, tiny chip on it. It is actually on the left hand side as seen in the picture. Not a big deal, but a bit annoying, as everything else is done so well. I will just buy a gen case back from somewhere and hopefully problem solved. Does anyone know if it will fit ok?

So there is is my short review, with gratuitous pics. Overall a very nice watch, and time will tell on the rest. Has this bug bitten me and will I be buying more? Almost certainly. The process was very easy through Precious Time, with great communication and a prompt service. I will be buying there again soon. Now I need to start hunting for a few mods for this one - starting with a caseback!

Nice contribution. I really like that on the NATO strap!!!

I have the gen of this watch (the previous generation 39mm version) and I can tell you that your rep is pretty much spot on. I may have to pick up one of these as a "stunt double".

Keep up the good work.

IMG_1561-1.jpg

Oh, and the misaligned bezel is courtesy of the Swiss Service Center in LaGrange, IL, a authorized repair center for Omega. They haven't fixed it (they installed it!) in the two times I sent it there. I will take it to the local watch guy one of these days.

-Mike