When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I give up; what does RWG actually stand for...

Avanti

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I'm sorry, but if this is what I get here there are a lot of other forums that are more user friendly.

Hey Avanti,

Welcome mate. I believe you have misinterpreted the response to this thread though.

People aren't thinking of you as the list here grows. They know the correct answer was given right at the start and know you have been looked after.

People are simply posting here because it is a fun game and they are all trying to out do each other ^_^ It's nice to join in a light-hearted thread from time to time. I've posted here twice and the last thing that was on my mind was being somehow mean to you. I've also been reading all of the responses and I don't remember reading anything that I thought was directed at you.

Actually if I had started a thread as popular as this I'd be rather stoked. Cheers :)

I appreciate the reply cluing me in (and the wacky ones as well). Many thanks.

However, I think some of the others, smug and snippy are over the top. I said I was sorry for my ignorance. I looked at the NOOBY stuff and the homepage. It wasn't obvious to ME!!! Btw, for those who asked if I was a new member, taking a page from your own book, how could I have set up an avatar if I wasn't. So, we all do dumb things--duh! I'd suggest cutting everyone a little slack.

Again, I'm sorry, but if this is what I get here there are a lot of other forums that are more user friendly.

I'm an avid contributor to other sites and looked forward to being so here, too.

Sorry to have bothered those who could take the time to reply, but slap me around.

All the best.

cmon dude, grow a sense of humor this is the funniest thread i have read in months

its not like its the secret to the universe or anything.

plenty of good info, sit back, relax, and enjoy

I appreciate the reply cluing me in (and the wacky ones as well). Many thanks.

However, I think some of the others, smug and snippy are over the top. I said I was sorry for my ignorance. I looked at the NOOBY stuff and the homepage. It wasn't obvious to ME!!! Btw, for those who asked if I was a new member, taking a page from your own book, how could I have set up an avatar if I wasn't. So, we all do dumb things--duh! I'd suggest cutting everyone a little slack.

I'm an avid contributor to other sites and looked forward to being so here, too.

Sorry to have bothered those who could take the time to reply, but slap me around.

All the best.

Well Avanti Im going to make you feel better. To show what a Rocket Scientist I am, I thought you were just starting a silly/fun thread. I can assure you no one was trying to slap you around. The more time you spend here you will see that the members of this community are a fun loving bunch. In a short period of time I have seen termendious acts of kindness. Stick around for a while and you will see what I mean. Welcome Avanti :) Rebelious Watch Gargoyles ? :pardon: Mike :drinks:

Wow, Avanti.. you have been welcomed and initiated at the same time.. .. ya gotta be a little 'thick skinned".. the members here are the "BEST" the Community as a whole is the "Best" on the net IMO.. B) ya just gotta get used to the "dry humor" .. this forum covers the entire planet .. :o

Stick around and you will see that this place is truly more than just watches !!.. the members here from Admin to the Admin Team .. to the "Old Guard".. and not so Old.. are worth every bit of praise .. not for just their knowledge in watches but for their genuine concern to support you .. although at times we may have a strange way of showing it... We are a family.. some feuds happen now and then , but in general you will not find a more giving community..

RWG.. Could very well stand for: ... "Real Watch Guy's" as the knowledge and research done here supasses any genuine forum .. we have to be spot on in information.. otherwise how can members truly know if the reps are accurate.. :) you will learn more about watch movements here than any other Forum ..

You've already contributed with this thread in that ... everyone is having a good time... so.. take off your shoes.. get comfortable... and I hope you like Obsessions.. cause you have entered into one heck of a OCD .... :D

Live Strong and Wear it Well !!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Wow, Avanti.. you have been welcomed and initiated at the same time.. .. ya gotta be a little 'thick skinned".. the members here are the "BEST" the Community as a whole is the "Best" on the net IMO.. B) ya just gotta get used to the "dry humor" .. this forum covers the entire planet .. :o

Stick around and you will see that this place is truly more than just watches !!.. the members here from Admin to the Admin Team .. to the "Old Guard".. and not so Old.. are worth every bit of praise .. not for just their knowledge in watches but for their genuine concern to support you .. although at times we may have a strange way of showing it... We are a family.. some feuds happen now and then , but in general you will not find a more giving community..

RWG.. Could very well stand for: ... "Real Watch Guy's" as the knowledge and research done here supasses any genuine forum .. we have to be spot on in information.. otherwise how can members truly know if the reps are accurate.. :) you will learn more about watch movements here than any other Forum ..

You've already contributed with this thread in that ... everyone is having a good time... so.. take off your shoes.. get comfortable... and I hope you like Obsessions.. cause you have entered into one heck of a OCD .... :D

Live Strong and Wear it Well !!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Absolutely !! Well said, Lani :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Mind you ... Avanti's gone very quiet.... perhaps we're too late and we've scared him off... :huh: