When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I give up; what does RWG actually stand for...

Avanti

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the reply cluing me in (and the wacky ones as well). Many thanks.

However, I think some of the others, smug and snippy are over the top. I said I was sorry for my ignorance. I looked at the NOOBY stuff and the homepage. It wasn't obvious to ME!!! Btw, for those who asked if I was a new member, taking a page from your own book, how could I have set up an avatar if I wasn't. So, we all do dumb things--duh! I'd suggest cutting everyone a little slack.

Again, I'm sorry, but if this is what I get here there are a lot of other forums that are more user friendly.

I'm an avid contributor to other sites and looked forward to being so here, too.

Sorry to have bothered those who could take the time to reply, but slap me around.

All the best.

Again, I'm sorry, but if this is what I get here there are a lot of other forums that are more user friendly.

I'm an avid contributor to other sites and looked forward to being so here, too.

Sorry to have bothered those who could take the time to reply, but slap me around.

We were just having fun...no harsh intent meant. Gotta have something to do to pass the time while we wait for Chinese New Years (CNY) to end and rep shipping can return to normal. You will find RWG to be the best forum around...rest assured. The content speaks for itself...and you'll find the membership are as sarcastic as any around...in a good way...and will bend over backwards to help. Just make sure as you've tried to do...to do your due diligence and understand the culture of the forum and rep collecting in general.

Read the Noob Guide linked in my signature and you'll find a lot of answers to questions your likely to have.

Welcome aboard...and enjoy the ride.

I appreciate the reply cluing me in (and the wacky ones as well). Many thanks.

However, I think some of the others, smug and snippy are over the top. I said I was sorry for my ignorance. I looked at the NOOBY stuff and the homepage. It wasn't obvious to ME!!! Btw, for those who asked if I was a new member, taking a page from your own book, how could I have set up an avatar if I wasn't. So, we all do dumb things--duh! I'd suggest cutting everyone a little slack.

All the best.

Don't take it to heart - it's all part of the initiation here. Many years ago I asked a stupid question about batteries and rightly got shredded for it. The jokes weren't on you but your post was a vehicle for a bit of fun. Relax - you are very welcome here.

JTB

I would also like to welcome you Avanti :welcomeani:

Although i am a rookie/newbie/noobie myself in here it didnt take too

long for me to get into the RWG spirit and i can honestly say that

the members in here and most of all those who answered to your

post are the greatest guys around.They are a lot of fun to be around

with,most of the times will make jokes to each other,but boy they can

get serious.They know their stuff and you will always find a lot of serious

answers to a lot of serious questions.Sure they tend to bring out the :2: child

hidden within...but this is what makes this forum alive.

No one,including me,meant no harm or to take a slap at you...rest asure ;)

And like toad said...its this damn CNY which makes us all acting weird !!! :bangin:

I would like to apologize if my post made you feel bad or uncomfortable in any way...

i meant no harm.

John