When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your Rolex-only collection!

By-Tor

I think it's like official weight lifting / bodybuilding forum. You can't talk steroids in certain places... that's why everyone go to other places to discuss them. 99% of the competitive elite uses steroids.

That's just ridiculous... same thing with watches... just like gen forum members have lots of reps. They're calling them "lowly fakes" on TRF but at the same time they're here obsessing about the newest Subs' crown guards. That's why I don't go to places like TRF... lots of wankers, and besides the true knowledge is HERE.

But then again I totally understand that reps should be kept away from gen forums... I just don't like the pretentious, double faced people.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's like official weight lifting / bodybuilding forum. You can't talk steroids in certain places... that's why everyone go to other places to discuss them. 99% of the competitive elite uses steroids.

That's just ridiculous... same thing with watches... just like gen forum members have lots of reps. They're calling them "lowly fakes" on TRF but at the same time they're here obsessing about the newest Subs' crown guards. That's why I don't go to places like TRF... lots of wankers, and besides the true knowledge is HERE.

But then again I totally understand that reps should be kept away from gen forums... I just don't like the pretentious, double faced people.

+1

That's just ridiculous... same thing with watches... just like gen forum members have lots of reps. They're calling them "lowly fakes" on TRF but at the same time they're here obsessing about the newest Subs' crown guards. That's why I don't go to places like TRF... lots of [censored], and besides the true knowledge is HERE.

Ridiculous post! Lost sense of reality, By-tor?

So people who own gen watches and members of other forums are pretentious and double faced people? Is this here a communist board?

To open your eyes: The knowledge and manner of discussion is compared to both forums not the same. On gen forums are e.g. crown position and shape of CG irrelevant! Instead you can learn other interesting things.

So, if you are not immune to education, bind the knowledge of both forums and own the gen - THAT is the REAL knowledge!

I start with RWG in the world of watches. But I am still here around, I share knowledge, I spend some of my time here and much more. And you came now across and slap me in the face, because I am maybe a member of a gen forum? Not with me, my friend...I can open my mouth.

And BTW, I am not member of TRF. It's another forum...

Ridiculous post! Lost sense of reality, By-tor?

So people who own gen watches and members of RWG are pretentious and double faced people? Is this here a communist board?

To open your eyes: The knowledge and manner of discussion is compared to both forums not the same. On gen forums are e.g. crown position and shape of <acronym title='Crown Guard'>CG</acronym>'s irrelevant! Instead you can learn other interesting things.

But, if you bind both forums and own the gen - THAT is the REAL knowledge!

I start with RWG in the world of watches. But I am still here around, I share knowledge, I spend some of my time here and much more. And you came now across and slap me in the face, because I am maybe a member of a gen forum?

And BTW, I am not member of TRF. It's another forum...

It seems that you didn't understand my post at all. Or didn't want to understand. I don't get your hysterical outburst... apparently you read my reply like Satan would read the Bible.

No, but you can't say the reason for your post were NOT because of my pics! Why you don't start it in another section? So I am not a kid, I know whom your post is devoted...

"Because of your pics"? What the hell are you talking about? Do you somehow visualize that you're the only RWG member who has a few gens and belongs to a gen forum?

...and it's not nice of you. Here are a lot of members owning a lot of gen watches, and they are members of both boards. But that's not a reason to abuse them.

"Abuse them"? Does anyone have the slightest idea what this guy is talking about? <shakes head>

That's why I don't go to places like TRF... lots of [censored], and besides the true knowledge is HERE.

What should this statement in a thread named "Let's see your Rolex-only collection!" mean???

... I just don't like the pretentious, double faced people.

Who are this people? Explain me please, tell us some names!

Don't know Freddy,

but if you look at the post history, you will see what I mean. I've posted some of my gen watches, in next posts someone mentioned VRF or TRF and then By-Tor gives his 2 cents...sorry, but I feel adressed myself in his post.

Bobby,

I know both of you and I'm sure BT didn't mean anything bad.

What he's refering to is probably one of the previous long term member's double face who now that he has gens consider us/reps like shit...

And there are certainly some people who forgot about this community.

You not. You still post and educate others with your experiences.

And I must say that we certainly all agree that if we got enough money to buy all the watches we trully like as gens we would go for it.

But, in my case in example, it's hard to keep a 16610, 1680, 16800, 1665, 16710, 16570, JLC Master Control, JLC Polaris in the box as that is quite a huge amount of money.

That is why knowledge is here.

Not only because of the crown position ;)

Because watches like the last one I got from you are so close to gens at a fraction of the price that we are happy to collect them all with a smaller budget.

The gen I owned but at to sell to fund a prefered gen

My16570_800_12B.jpg

The rep I got from you :)

RolexExplorerIIBlackNoob2012_800_004.jpg

All the best

Stephane

What he's refering to is probably one of the previous long term member's double face who now that he has gens consider us/reps like [censored]...

And there are certainly some people who forgot about this community.

You not. You still post and educate others with your experiences.

And I must say that we certainly all agree that if we got enough money to buy all the watches we trully like as gens we would go for it.

There are also people like me going the other way round.

I came from reps to the gens.

I'm member in a handful of gen forums.

Now I start to sell my gens and replace "the addiction" by reps.

This feels less crazy than knowing you have more than one luxury brand car in value in a watch collection!

Dee

Don't know Freddy,

but if you look at the post history, you will see what I mean. I've posted some of my gen watches, in next posts someone mentioned VRF or TRF and then By-Tor gives his 2 cents...sorry, but I feel adressed myself in his post.

I was speaking generally. I own more gens than reps myself. I have nothing against gen owners, but you know the stereotype of a "gen snob" in those forums, don't you?

I was an admin member on a gen board long time ago. I used to know all the "main players" in those forums... I have no idea who's still hanging there these days. I haven't visited TRF in years.

Stop acting like a hysterical woman. This was the first time I heard about you and your collection (which is very nice btw).