When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brand New Canon G10: Singapore Bulk Purchase

repfreak

Brand New Canon G10: Singapore Bulk Purchase

Reading after so much review on canon G9, I decided to pull the trigger of canon G10. I found an Indian shop which sell Japanese imported Canon G10 (sells other camera cheap as well). They are selling at S$625 a pcs. They promise to ship back to Japan for repair for you at their cost if the camera is faulty. The new batch is coming at next week (10 Feb). I was wondering if we go as a group to buy, we can get a cheaper price. Any Singaporeans interested? We can meet together to go down to buy.

Reed

I agreed on that too, but you cant visit the canon repair shop since it is not a local warranty.

I was strolling along High street road when I saw this shop. Seems quite a lot of people inside, there are quite a few shops of camera importers over there as well.

I took their word benefits of the doubt.

Even if they break their promise and dont ship our camera for repair, maybe we can ship it back ourselves to Japan?

Even without local warranty, I think S$625 is quite a deal. Hope if maybe with more people, we can push the price to S$600 (around USD400)

Want to go down and have a look? meanwhile a small gtg coffee talk?

Their claim to send the cam to Japan for repairs seems excessive/dubious.....there is a Canon repair centre in Singapore (unless it isn't covered by local warranty)
Edited by repfreak

Their claim to send the cam to Japan for repairs seems excessive/dubious.....there is a Canon repair centre in Singapore (unless it isn't covered by local warranty)

You know what mate? That's absolutely correct! I'm pretty sure their sets are export sets... ;)

repfreak, maybe you could enquire further on their status, ie whether their local or for export? Btw, you mentioned Indian shop, anything to do with Mustafa? :)

Oops... My apologies, repfreak.. I posted around roughly the same time as you. So they're really not local sets. I would re-consider, cos you never know what kinda repair costs you'll be looking at, in the event of sending the cam to & from Japan. Just my $0.02 worth... :p

cos while I am finding a G9 2nd hand, I found that the 2nd hand price is at S$450 to S$500 with no warranty remaining... Paying S$100 more I can get a brand new camera, not to mention a newer model. Its not at mustafa, its at High Street road. Seems like there are a lot of avid cameraists oso there...

At best, in case being spolit, if they break their promise to ship for you and you dont want to ship to japan for repair yourself, we can hand to Canon repair at Funan to repair for us at a cost? Assuming the cost is less than 200. The price of a brand new one cost $780. Still think its quite worth it even for the worst case scenario.

That's why i was hoping we can go and see?

Edited by repfreak

There are also shops there offering local warranty as well.. definitely cheaper than other place as they are selling to Havery Norman... Let me call to check the price. but I think it is still at around S$750 range ...

Anyone can give me some lobang as in getting a cheap G9 with some warranty left? or some place which offer cheap Canon G10 with local warranty?

There are also shops there offering local warranty as well.. definitely cheaper than other place as they are selling to Havery Norman... Let me call to check the price. but I think it is still at around S$750 range ...

Anyone can give me some lobang as in getting a cheap G9 with some warranty left? or some place which offer cheap Canon G10 with local warranty?

Sent you a PM mate.

Cheers