When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP RubberClad Rose Gold

Dani

While there is a possibility that the flaws are put there on purpose. I somehow disagree with the statement. If they can make a perfect version from the beginning, why wouldn't they?

It does not make business sense at all. It would save them the effort to have to fix it later and they can move on to copy another version.

Believe me. There are more than enough AP models for them to copy. I think it is just not possible to have the same detailing in a $600 watch as the gen, which is $35-40k.

Currently, there are now 39 variations of AP ROO Limited editions alone and 32 variations of the 'standard' AP ROO. Total of 71 variations. (from www.luxury-bazaar.com)

Most of the it are just variations of materials and style of one model to another.

I disagree with you completely and others who dont agree with me either.

"If they can make a perfect version from the beginning, why wouldn't they?"

why dont you ask all the rep manufacturers this?

There has been NO exact replica of a high-end watch on a 1st generation rep! They can make it exactly the way the gen is on the first try but do not. Ask yourself why.

The only logical reason is because they want to make more money by offering more generation reps period!

There has been NO exact replica of a high-end watch on a 1st generation rep!

The dewitt academia looks pretty good first time out.

Im not saying it cant be true. Im just saying that it does not make sense to me.

The gen costs almost 67 times than the rep (gen: $40k, rep $600). I think we cant expect the same attention to details as the gen.

Anyway..Anyone getting this AP? Im thinking of getting one. Trouble is: I just bought the SS rubber bezel. I still haven't received it in fact. :)

The dewitt academia looks pretty good first time out.

Im not saying it cant be true. Im just saying that it does not make sense to me.

The gen costs almost 67 times than the rep (gen: $40k, rep $600). I think we cant expect the same attention to details as the gen.

Anyway..Anyone getting this AP? Im thinking of getting one. Trouble is: I just bought the SS rubber bezel. I still haven't received it in fact. :)

i think first you have to ask yourself "why the gen costs 40k$"

:)

Nice rep, definitely one of my top five for this year. BUT, dial color on Josh's pics looks very suspicious to me, kind of green-ish. Of course, Josh does have a history of tweaking white balance to get some effect (remember Safari, and making dial cream on pics), so maybe he was trying to add some hue to RG color, and screwed up dial color, but I will definitely wait to see some more pictures of a rep. That dial color in Josh's pictures really ruins it all for me :(

regards

i think first you have to ask yourself "why the gen costs 40k$"

:)

easy..marketting... :)

I think the gen AP ROO is not worth the money. $20k just for a basic chrono SS? hahaha..

That is why I buy the rep, and can spend the money on another watch.. :D

For $30k, i can get a gold annual calendar patek. For Just over $40k , the perpentual calendar.

Edited by arrowax

I also think that some manufacturers are making the watches somewhat inaccurate on purpose. One reason for this may be that they themselves want to recognise the fakes so they don't accidentaly buy them if advertised as gen (long shot ;)). Another might be that they in fact despise us who buy these reps and therefore make these "mistakes" that are easily spotted if someone is familiar with the watch.

easy..marketting... :)

I think the gen AP ROO is not worth the money. $20k just for a basic chrono SS? hahaha..

That is why I buy the rep, and can spend the money on another watch.. :D

For $30k, i can get a gold annual calendar patek. For Just over $40k , the perpentual calendar.

roo is going for much much lower price this days.

I disagree with you completely and others who dont agree with me either.

"If they can make a perfect version from the beginning, why wouldn't they?"

why dont you ask all the rep manufacturers this?

There has been NO exact replica of a high-end watch on a 1st generation rep! They can make it exactly the way the gen is on the first try but do not. Ask yourself why.

The only logical reason is because they want to make more money by offering more generation reps period!

Exaclty. The chinese rep manufacturers though do not seem to be very adaptive to the new world economic situation. People will buy less reps now, they will wait for the one with a top quality and the recent "rep history " has proved my statement. Remember the Sub, the YM and other reps. People who have waited, invested some 500$ and got the best of the best. Instead, you give 300$ every time a new "improved" variation is presented to the rep public ...