When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Seawolf Review

b16a2

Title.jpg

First of all, a big thanks to Watcher for the smooth transaction. He is a great member to deal with.

The Review

When I first became interested in timepieces, the Breitling Navitimer was very much my favourite watch, as well as being my first replica acquisition. It has a large following and it is the fundamental basis of Breitling. It is the watch that most traditional Breitling fans associate with the brand. Over the years the brand has really grown in popularity, which is really good to see as a big Breiling fan myself. One such series that has particularly grown in popularity is the Aeromarine series.

The latest designing trend with the Aeromarine series is to add the split numbers on the dial and to add 5minute number markers onto the bezel. This has really helped to update their appearance and modernise them nicely without losing too much of their heritage.

History

The Breitling Aeromarine series was designed to satisfy the purchaser that requires a super sturdy watch with impeccable reliability. It has become a very popular sports watch among customers who demand a watch to function on land, in water and in the air

Edited by TwoTone
  • Like 1

Congrats on the watch and a very nice write up. That is a great looking piece for sure. I think about this one but shy away from it given it's so close to my Skyland in terms of looks and dimension. Like most, the solution to this would probably be to go for the yellow dial, but then I'm not so sure how often I would wear a yellow dialed piece. Either way...it looks great.

Congrats on the watch and a very nice write up. That is a great looking piece for sure. I think about this one but shy away from it given it's so close to my Skyland in terms of looks and dimension. Like most, the solution to this would probably be to go for the yellow dial, but then I'm not so sure how often I would wear a yellow dialed piece. Either way...it looks great.

Thanks TT. It is very similar to the Skyland, but suprisingly it feels much more substantial. It feels like I'm wearing a brick on my arm, both in terms of weight and wrist presence. If you have a Skyland already, the yellow dial is the one to go for like you have said, otherwise it is just too similar to the Skyland.

Why is this in the other section and not the Breitling section?

I thought it might get lost in there, whereas I thought it would be at home in the review section. If the mods feel the Breitling section is more appropriate feel free to move it there.

Genuine on the left in all pictures

Is it just me, or my monitor, but does the lume at 9 on the gen look a bit misaligned?

Great review, by the way, the yellow dial is also on my wishlist.

I think it's actually a distortion that occurred when I resized the image. I zoomed in on a couple of other pictures I have here, and the lume is placed perfect inside the border, and doesn't tail off like it appears in the above photo.

Another problem I had with the pictures was the colour of the dial. The genuine grey dial is actually very light. The colour of the replica varies greatly with the context in which it's worn. Sometimes it looks dark grey, sometimes it looks like the genuine grey.

Edited by b16a2

Thanks for the great review!

The pearl and engravings on the caseback and bezel looks much better than on my SFSO.

Strange about the He-valve position. The thinner bracelet seems for some reason to be normal for the Breitling replicas.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Very nice MP! I must admit, I love the predeccesor in yellow (the Ti version), but the SS Yellow doesn't seem to 'sing to me' as much.

My only gripe with the grey is the slightly different colour....the gen has a more slatey appearance to it. However, unless you have them both next to eachother, no-one would be any the wiser :) Grey or black is definitely the way to go with this watch!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...