When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster Bezel Alignment

jkerouac

If you learn nothing else about Seamaster reps on these forums, you should at least learn one thing -- the bezel alignment on Seamaster reps is usually incorrect and you have to realign the bezel and bezel insert, otherwise this is a dead giveaway to the cogniscenti.

So it was with interest and a bit of amusement that I found the following picture on Omega's own Web site:

95033-27490.jpg

I know that sometimes picture angles can lead to distortion, but I don't think that is the case here.

Is it just me, or is that picture just downright sloppy on Omega's part?

Clive,

I know you have this watch-- your enthusiastic opinion helped sway me to purchase it as well (for which I owe you thanks. :clap2: )

But why do you think it's a rep rather than just poor quality control for the photo shoot and Web site? Are there other problems besides the bezel?

Unless someone tells me otherwise, it most likely is a genuine. But the bezel alignment is about the worst that I have ever seen, on a picture of a rep or gen.

For those who may be looking at that pointer, trying to fgure out how it could be more centered over the twelve - look up. The bezel insert matches the dial just fine, but it does not match the scallops in the bezel itself.

I offer this assuming I am not the only one who has sat here, staring, and studying, trying to see how they could make that insert any straighter.

Bill

For those who may be looking at that pointer, trying to fgure out how it could be more centered over the twelve - look up. The bezel insert matches the dial just fine, but it does not match the scallops in the bezel itself.

I offer this assuming I am not the only one who has sat here, staring, and studying, trying to see how they could make that insert any straighter.

Bill

.. so a properly aligned bezel is a sure sign that the watch is a REP!!! :3a:

• 2 months later...
Now look at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions.

Yeah, but to me it seems the watch was photographed not straight on, but was tilted up a little bit, so the camera took the picture from an angle, thus making the bezel look misaligned.

I could be wrong though. If the bezel does indeed look like this, this is horrible?

I can't even imagine it could be fixed so easily as described in some of those "do it yourself"-guides...

Yeah, the crown, crown guards, hands, pearl and HE-valve placement all indicate a genuine.. So I don't thing there's any doubt about that.

I don't know if the gen can be fixed like the rep can, like the man said, it's probably just a slip-up in quality control.. No camera angle can make it THAT bad.

desoxyRNS, the bezel insert does not line up with a point on the bezel.. That's what's misaligned..

For those that can't see it or understand the concept of it...!

The actual 'bezel' has a series of scallops cut around the edge....which leaves a series of 'low and high points on the bezel.......the bezel 'insert'.....( blue bit with the numbers on it )....... should align itself with one of the high points.....that brings symmetry to the layout of the watch.....in the adjusted photo shown here......the red line shows that the 'high' point at 12 is out of alignment......the yellow lines show the edges of the 'high' point which should be aligned with the triangle and pearl on the insert.

128316-19894.jpg

Edited by TTK