When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Two Reps

Bansenshukai

Two days ago I ordered my first two reps from Joshua.

I ordered a Rolex Rolessium SS, and an Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow Blue and White.

The order is an experiment of sorts as well. I'm "collector" from the old website and, as some of you know, I'm deployed overseas.

I wanted to see how long it would take for this order to get to an active combat zone (FedEx - I paid extra for that).

I have a good quality camera here, so I'll take pics of both watches when they come in.

The only issue might be the Asian 7750 movement on the Omega Speedmaster. Based on reading some stuff, I have some concerns. I might send it to The Zigmeister to clean up fairly quickly (might have to anyway). I'll keep you guys posted.

PS - The site looks great!

So far my first two reps have, apparently, not cleared customs yet. Joshua told me that this part is somewhat time consuming ("a few days") and I believe him. It's been seven days since the order. So, as soon as they clear customs, he'll e-mail me the tracking number (it's being shipped FedEx). Question ... what actually happens at customs as reps are coming out? How do they scrutinize these things? Anyone know? Do they actually sit around in Customs for five or six days? What happens there?

Anyway, I sent an e-mail to Joshua today asking him about the Omega Constellation (TT version) for both Ladies and Men. I've read in a few postings that these are among the best reps out there. I've also read that some reps can be had with real gold parts. Is this anywhere near true? I have the Replica Watch Report and I've read extensively on these boards (mostly at the "old" site) and I've seen the warning regarding "real gold" replicas. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks, and I'll keep you all posted on "My First Two Reps" ... and I'll post pictures as soon as they come in. Take care.

Update:

Got the shipping tracking number from Joshua today. This means that I should have the reps within a week.

Afghanistan Reps:

On another note, some of you might be surprised at the huge rep market in Afghanistan. By far, these are some of the most low quality reps I've ever seen. I believe they are made from aluminum, or something. In any case, I'm planning on borrowing one of their reps just to post the photos on here for all to see. I won't purchase one here because a forty dollar rep can buy a couple of RPG rounds which will, undoubtedly come back to haunt us in the worst way. Yet, I was not aware that the rep market had reached here in such numbers.

South American Reps:

Later this year, I'll be traveling to three South American countries with pretty strong rep markets and they have some pretty impressive replicas. Of all things, my girlfriend's distant cousin happens to be a rep dealer down there.

Anyway, I can't wait for Joshua's reps to get here ... my camera is ready.

On another note, some of you might be surprised at the huge rep market in Afghanistan.

My son is in Kuwait and knowing that I dabble with Reps he was telling me that EVERYTHING is repped there. So I asked him if he could get me some pictures. He sent me pics of 5 watches and they were pretty bad..... no, they were really really really bad. Have no idea how much they were going for but I didn't ask and told my son to forgetaboutit.

You'll be very happy with your watch from Josh. Keep your head down and keep that watch out of the sand. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thank you all for your encouragement. It is folks like you that make these deployments worth it. You guys rock!

I received my watches yesterday. I was not able to post them on here right away as we were busy. Today I got a chance to snap one photo of my two reps alond with my gen Omega SMP.

On the left is the Rolex Yatchmaster rep. So far, this watch has kept time along with my gen Omega. The Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow is beautiful in all kinds of ways. Except, the Speedmaster is a little too fast for its own good. Last night, I set it along with the gen Omega to see how far along it goes forward and I was surprised to find that it had moved about ten minutes ahead in less than ten hours. I'm thinking I'm going to have this beauty modded by whomever is reccommended out here. You guys recommended Joshua and were right on the money - he's a class act. Who do you recommend for mods? I'm thinking I might want the Speedmaster with a new movement. I'm willing to pay that cost. Anyway, here's my one photo for now. I'll post others tomorrow.

PS - Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I showed this to a few members of our unit and now an entire detachment wants at least one rep and they all have the money up front. I'm supposed to make the orders for them. I'm gonna split those orders between Josh and Paul (PT) ... and yep, DHL does deliver to Afghanistan.

post-691-1143561030.jpg

Edited by Nouns Defions

First Off I'd like to say I followed your threads on the old board, and am glad to see you made your way over here to the new board.

It sounds like your watch may need servicing if it's running that fast. It needs to be regulated, and for that I would recommend our local expert in servicing movements (Ziggy)

Tell all the folks over there :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Except, the Speedmaster is a little too fast for its own good. Last night, I set it along with the gen Omega to see how far along it goes forward and I was surprised to find that it had moved about ten minutes ahead in less than ten hours.

Argh...that's a bit discouraging...i wanted to buy the same watch.

Thanks for sharing. :)